Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 10, 2012, 10:09:43 AM
Sickened after loosing on Sunday . The game was there for the taking, just we made far too many simple handling mistakes and let tubber back it to it plus the soft goal that we conceded . As for the referee all i can say is that when you hear knockmore men giving out about the decisions given against Cross it says it all about his performance.

Commiserations Deel, I thought that Cross deserved something out of the game and I would have been happy with a draw the way we played. In fact, I thought the game was gone, especially when ye went 4 points up and were looking like ye would push on.

For some reason we didn't show up at all in the first half and did some crazy things ourselves, but we kept trying to do the right things in the second half and just got over the line.

Moyles has done a great job with Crossmolina. They play nice football coming forward from the back and for the first time seem to have built a team around a solid defence and tried to work from there. An awful lot of positives to take from it.

the Deel Rover

Cheers Abbeysider good luck in the final it's a fair achievement getting to 3 county finals in a row . If ye didn't score the goal we would have won it . Plus we just didn't have that bit of cuteness like yourselves , we should have had men falling to the floor with the auld hamstring injuries  ;) We lost a site of possesion bringing the ball out from the back Abbeysider so many handling errors it was untrue .  Little things change games Benny had a chance for a point to put us 5 points up instead he takes a quick free to Mark Leonard who had men around him , mark fouls the ball and ye go down and score a point so instead of been 5 points up it's 3 small thing like that.   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

sans pessimism

Sickened after loosing on Sunday . The game was there for the taking, just we made far too many simple handling mistakes and let tubber back it to it plus the soft goal that we conceded . As for the referee all i can say is that when you hear knockmore men giving out about the decisions given against Cross it says it all about his performance.
As a BT man I think a lot of decisions went our way.However
I think BT's ability to keep pluggin away and not to panic
when the scores weren't coming,was a major factor in the victory
-experience of the last 2 years really showed.
Our lads will really have to step up 100%for the final
if we're to hold onto Mr Moclair for a 3rd year
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

Quote from: stephenite on October 10, 2012, 02:52:39 AM
Anthony McGarry was the manager this year.

I struggle with the notion that we don't have the quality of players to maintain senior status, sure we're not going to win County or Provincial honours every year but surely we have enough to be somewhat competitive?

One would expect that we should be a lot more competitive than we have been for the last few years but there are some issues. No doubt about that.

We ve been very difficult to watch the last few years. We have been depressingly inept tactically for one thing. There is a lack of smarts in the team when it comes to attack.

There are some good lads coming in alright like the Regans but the older players are just not giving them the support - or willing or able to give it? I hope the younger lads have not picked up bad habits because that can not have been a good environment to come into. Maybe a bit of a clearout is needed. I wouldn t be confident that another outside manager or somebody from the bootroom will do any better with some of these players.

Likes of Winnie, Hughesie, Melia and Enda have left huge holes. These were the fellas we needed now to bed in the younger lads.

Most depressing of all our discipline has been appalling. Simply not good enough. Not nice to have to say that about ones own club but its true.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: moysider on October 10, 2012, 08:45:31 PM

I struggle with the notion that we don't have the quality of players to maintain senior status, sure we're not going to win County or Provincial honours every year but surely we have enough to be somewhat competitive?

One would expect that we should be a lot more competitive than we have been for the last few years but there are some issues. No doubt about that.

We ve been very difficult to watch the last few years. We have been depressingly inept tactically for one thing. There is a lack of smarts in the team when it comes to attack.

There are some good lads coming in alright like the Regans but the older players are just not giving them the support - or willing or able to give it? I hope the younger lads have not picked up bad habits because that can not have been a good environment to come into. Maybe a bit of a clearout is needed. I wouldn t be confident that another outside manager or somebody from the bootroom will do any better with some of these players.

Likes of Winnie, Hughesie, Melia and Enda have left huge holes. These were the fellas we needed now to bed in the younger lads.

Most depressing of all our discipline has been appalling. Simply not good enough. Not nice to have to say that about ones own club but its true.

I never saw ye winning the county title this year Moy but at the same time I didn't imagine ye'd be in this situation either. Nor us, I might add. The quality is there. Liam Brady is back on form, Regan has ability, so too Sean Regan. Five county players (albeit two injured). I dunno. How ye lost to Tourmakeady speaks a lot about how things have went this year. Ye were in the semis last year and had Tubber in a bit of bother. I don't know that ye will win the next time either. If I'm being honest, we should have won by ten points on Sunday. There was no fight to Ballina. Worrying.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

moysider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on October 10, 2012, 09:15:57 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 10, 2012, 08:45:31 PM

I never saw ye winning the county title this year Moy but at the same time I didn't imagine ye'd be in this situation either. Nor us, I might add. The quality is there. Liam Brady is back on form, Regan has ability, so too Sean Regan. Five county players (albeit two injured). I dunno. How ye lost to Tourmakeady speaks a lot about how things have went this year. Ye were in the semis last year and had Tubber in a bit of bother. I don't know that ye will win the next time either. If I'm being honest, we should have won by ten points on Sunday. There was no fight to Ballina. Worrying.

Maybe some of us are shocked/alarmed by this but I d have been surprised if it didn t come to this tbh. I don t think the quality is there - performances would suggest that I m right. But there are other issues. I ve said enough though and I ve probably left enough lines to read between as well. I get the impression that outsiders are looking in the wrong places for reasons.

Winning a county title wasn t even on the radar. Anybody that has seen the decline in standards are not surprised by this.

For a team with no fight we ve had our fair share of sending-offs! Joking.

macdanger2

As for the referee all i can say is that when you hear knockmore men giving out about the decisions given against Cross it says it all about his performance.

PM me the names, I want them publicly flogged  ;)

Farrandeelin

Fixtures

Treanlaur Catering Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football Championship - Relegation play-off
Kiltane v Aghamore

Egan Jewellers Mayo G.A.A. Intermediate Football Championship - Final
Burrishoole v Charlestown Sarsfields

Relegation play-off
Cill Chomáin v Killala

Junior B Football Championship - Final
Charlestown Sarsfields v Davitts

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1A
Castlebar Mitchels v Crossmolina Deel Rovers
Ballintubber v Knockmore
Ballina Stephenites v Shrule/Glencorrib
Westport v Breaffy
Ballaghaderreen v Davitts

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1B
Kiltimagh v Ballyhaunis
Garrymore v Tuar Mhic Éadaigh

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1C
Bonniconlon v The Neale
Ardnaree v Mayo Gaels
Louisburgh v Kilmeena
Kilmaine v Béal an Mhuirthead
Parke/Keelouges/Crimlin v Cill Chomáin

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1D
Hollymount-Carramore v Moygownagh
Ballycastle v Bohola Moy Davitts
Kilmovee Shamrocks v Achill

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1E
Ardagh v Breaffy

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1F
Kiltane v Tuar Mhic Éadaigh
Islandeady v Parke
Garrymore v Kiltane

U-21 A Football Championship - Quarter Finals
Ballintubber v Ballina Stephenites
Claremorris v Kiltimagh
Castlebar Mitchels v Knockmore

U-21 B Football Championship - Quarter Finals
Breaffy v Crossmolina Deel Rovers
Ardnaree v Shrule/Glencorrib
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: moysider on October 10, 2012, 10:24:15 PM

Maybe some of us are shocked/alarmed by this but I d have been surprised if it didn t come to this tbh. I don t think the quality is there - performances would suggest that I m right. But there are other issues. I ve said enough though and I ve probably left enough lines to read between as well. I get the impression that outsiders are looking in the wrong places for reasons.

Winning a county title wasn t even on the radar. Anybody that has seen the decline in standards are not surprised by this.

For a team with no fight we ve had our fair share of sending-offs! Joking.

I know what you mean. I know one Ballina man who has frequently said that winning that All-Ireland was the worst thing possible for a lot of those lads. I dunno. Momentum is a two way thing and when it is going against you, it is hard to check. But when a team like Ballina is and looks beaten by the three quarter mark, something is definitely badly wrong.

As for the sendings off, I remember an underage coach we had who was giving out to a fella who was sent off for striking. "Jesus buck, you have to stop this crack, It is not good enough. You have to learn to hit him when the referee isn't looking'!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Mayo4Sam

Looking at Ballina it seems that there's a big gulf in age between the AI team and whats left of them and the kids. Not too many around Ger Cs age, like you say moysider too many of the lads that were kids on the AI team are not around
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Anybody go to any of the U-21 games last night? I was at the one between Castlebar and our lads. Mitchels have some underage conveyor belt coming through I must say. We cannot crack them at any level anyway. If they win one senior I'd say they may stay near the top of the pile for a while.

Champ15

It really is shocking what has happened to us this year embarrassing really! Its only our saving grace that we have another bite of the cherry to keep our senior status so here's hoping! From talking to a few of the lads earlier this year there wasn't any gra for the management, they felt it was very much an autocratic approach and found it difficult to talk to them about any concerns or whatever.
My own belief is that after we lost to Nemo Rangers in the 08 AI semi final we should have integrated more of the younger lads in develop them and see where it took us but that hasn't happened as such. I know of many young lads that have have walked away or just committed themselves to playing with the juniors coz of not being given a fair chance and as one of those young guys said to me "if your not a mayo minor panellist you won't get a game". If you've gone to games this year or even followed through the papers you might have noticed that despite having a full bench we've very rarely made more than 3 subs a game, there is something really wrong with that! These young guys need good league and championship game time to develop and mature as players,Knockmore blooded young players after we beat them in the 04 county final and they are reaping the rewards contesting the semis every year and even a final a few years ago we need to do the same!!
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

maigheo

Charlestown win the intermediate final today with Tom Parsons man of the match.Very tough on burrishoole who have now lost 3 county finals in a row.Surprised to hear they had 10 changes from last years team.

Syferus

Going to go to the Mayo SFC final. Any tips on how to blend my beautiful Ros-born self in with the locals??

Farrandeelin

Results

Treanlaur Catering Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football Championship - Relegation Play-off
Aghamore 1-14 Kiltane 0-8

Egan Jewellers Mayo G.A.A. Intermediate Football Championship - Final
Charlestown Sarsfields 1-7 Burrishoole 0-6

Relegation Play-off
Killala 2-9 Cill Chomáin 0-7

Junior B Championship - Final
Charlestown Sarsfields 0-15 Davitts 0-11

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1A
Castlebar Mitchels 0-11 Crossmolina Deel Rovers 1-9
Ballintubber 1-11 Knockmore 0-9
Ballina Stephenites 0-11 Shrule/Glencorrib 0-6
Westport 0-8 Breaffy 0-9
Ballaghaderreen 0-6 Davitts 1-6

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1B
Garrymore 0-9 Tuar Mhic Éadaigh 1-8
Kiltimagh 0-10 Ballyhaunis 0-10

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1C
Bonniconlon 0-12 The Neale 0-4
Ardnaree 2-9 Mayo Gaels 0-7
Louisburgh 3-11 Kilmeena 1-4
Kilmaine 4-16 Béal an Mhuirthead 0-8

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1D
Ballycastle 0-10 Bohola Moy Davitts 2-9

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1E
Ardagh 5-17 Breaffy 1-10

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1F
Islandeady 3-21 Parke 2-8
Garrymore 1-8 Kilfian 2-5
Kiltane w/o Tuar Mhic Éadaigh 0-0

U-21 A Football Championship Quarter Finals
Castlebar Mitchels 1-17 Knockmore 1-6
Claremorris 1-8 Kiltimagh 1-7
Ballintubber 1-11 Ballina Stephenites 1-5

U-21 B Football Championship Quarter Finals
Shrule/Glencorrib 1-14 Ardnaree 2-10
Crossmolina Deel Rovers 3-11 Breaffy 2-11