Balla v Ballina Stephenites
Eastern Gaels v Westport
Davitts v Ardagh

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1F
Parke v Tuar Mhic Éadaigh
Tuar Mhic Éadaigh v Garrymore

U-21 A Football Championshipi Quarter Final
Hollymount-Carramore v Swinford
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2012, 04:26:20 PM
I saw RedandGreenSniper at the Breaffy game today. I'm sure he's wondering 'how the f**k did Knockmore get to the county semi finals!!' Because to be honest based on what I saw today, that's exactly my line of thinking. :-\

I didn't spot you buck but, yeah, I was wondering a couple of things - how on earth are ye gonna beat Ballaghaderreen and why have we left it until almost October before producing a performance worthy of our ability.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Syferus

'Mon the Rossies for the Mayo county title!

maigheo

ballintubber in trouble down by 4 points v crossmolina early in the second half.C.Mc off injured

maigheo

tubber with a goal to tie game up.  1.05 to 0.08.Now tubber gone ahead with danny geraghty  point

maigheo

poor display by Ballintubber but they emerge victorious on a score line of 1.07 to 0.08.

macdanger2

Any update on the knockmore game??

maigheo

ballagh 1.10 knockmore 0.10

macdanger2

Farrandeelin

Cross will have more cause for grievances than us I believe. We weren't good enough, and I know the All-Stars committee don't look at club games, but if they did, then McLoughlin deserves a kick up the hole and nothing else. Killer scored 0-8 (6frees) from the 0-10, McLoughlin scored a free and a last minute point but wasn't near good enough in my opinion today.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

saffronandblue

Too many missed chances today and carrying a couple of passengers in pivotal positions did not help.  You would have to question the standard of club football in Mayo at the moment when auld fellas like McDonald and Declan Sweeney can be the most influential players on display, or not on display.  Knockmore are still there or there abouts every year, but we are a million miles away from where we once were :(

Would agree that McLoughlin did not have one of his better days.  Looked a bit tired to me after a long season.  Killer demonstrated once again that he deserves a place in the Mayo set up.  If Horan is as good a manager as we are led to believe, then he should be able to harness the talent that Kilcoyne possesses and turn him into a match winner for Mayo.  Killer has the strength, speed and physicality that we need in the full forward line.  Do I see this happening???????? Noooooooooooooooooooooo.  Sure don't we have loads of quality forwards if Mr. Horan is to be believed.  Maughan mark 2. 

Syferus

Quote from: saffronandblue on October 07, 2012, 09:47:29 PM
Too many missed chances today and carrying a couple of passengers in pivotal positions did not help.  You would have to question the standard of club football in Mayo at the moment when auld fellas like McDonald and Declan Sweeney can be the most influential players on display, or not on display.  Knockmore are still there or there abouts every year, but we are a million miles away from where we once were :(

Would agree that McLoughlin did not have one of his better days.  Looked a bit tired to me after a long season.  Killer demonstrated once again that he deserves a place in the Mayo set up.  If Horan is as good a manager as we are led to believe, then he should be able to harness the talent that Kilcoyne possesses and turn him into a match winner for Mayo.  Killer has the strength, speed and physicality that we need in the full forward line.  Do I see this happening???????? Noooooooooooooooooooooo.  Sure don't we have loads of quality forwards if Mr. Horan is to be believed.  Maughan mark 2.

You know, it kinda helps that you're one of the most natural gifted players to ever lace up. It also helps that your game was never simply dependent on pace and that you're in incredibly good fitness for someone of any age, nevermind 37.

But go on. Tell us more about the 'auld fellas'.

GBXII

@saffronandblue I assume you are a Knockmore man ya? I was at the matches yesterday as a neutral and just wanted to see was there anyone there that might make a difference to Mayo who isn't already on the panel. I came away a little bit annoyed in the end, not so much because there wasn't any good performances from the non County lads but because I can't understand for the life of me why Aidan Kilcoyne is not in the Mayo starting 15. Like, he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch over the 2 matches. He was the best point scorer from play, the best free taker, best ball winner, and looked to me to be the clever forward out there. Anyway, just wondering if you can help me out here and tell me why he isn't in the panel?!! I heard he is working in the UK at the moment but it annoys me because we don't produce forwards of that quality that often in Mayo and he needs to be on board next year. Could make all the difference.

sans pessimism

What game were you at......He was taken off after 15mins!!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

saffronandblue

Quote from: Syferus on October 08, 2012, 02:02:43 AM

You know, it kinda helps that you're one of the most natural gifted players to ever lace up. It also helps that your game was never simply dependent on pace and that you're in incredibly good fitness for someone of any age, nevermind 37.

But go on. Tell us more about the 'auld fellas'.

My comments are in praise of senior players like McDonald and Sweeney and how they have managed to stay in shape.  Top quality senior players for 20 years or more now.  I dear say that Jimmy Nallen/Kevin O'Neill would still walk back onto their parish senior teams as well.  Is this a good or a bad sign.....that's what I am asking? 

I have highlighted Sans Pessimism about McDonalds skill not been on display.  His going off after 15 mins was crucial, and with him I believe Cross would have came out on top.

It is always easy I know to look back on past teams as been far superior to the current day version, but one has to wonder what's going on, when clubs as big as Crossmolina and Knockmore are failing to produce any more than one or two real county stars between them in the past 10- 15 years.