Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

I was up in Healy Park last year, sound bunch the Tyrone ones. The fella calling out the announcements even thanked the Rossie team for staying in the local hotel overnight. He even repeated himself. I don't know any Rossie supporters who have any issues with Tyrone. The power of the voice of one lunatic on social media has a lot to answer for.

Syferus

Quote from: Rudi on July 10, 2018, 11:29:28 AM
I was up in Healy Park last year, sound bunch the Tyrone ones. The fella calling out the announcements even thanked the Rossie team for staying in the local hotel overnight. He even repeated himself. I don't know any Rossie supporters who have any issues with Tyrone. The power of the voice of one lunatic on social media has a lot to answer for.

The incredible irony of calling another a lunatic while trying to grandstand about fraternity in the previous sentence is probably lost on you. The sadly usual use of mental health as a prop when you don't like something on the internet is at best OTT and at worst plain disgusting.

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on July 10, 2018, 10:50:28 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2018, 09:42:39 PM
Wud Percy be a common name in Roscommon?
I'd say there are more in Tyrone in fairness
I was looking at newsletter.Co.UK and I couldn't find the GAA section.

The newsletter is a belfast paper. It's as affiliated with Galway as much as it is Tyrone.

redhandefender

This Seyfrus guy is a clown. No life but stuck on this thing!

I think this game is very hard to call. Roscommon will come out the way they finished the last game and that cork game won't have helped tyrone at all. We may have been building a bit of momentum but that game on Saturday was a joke. I thought we were poor enough.

One things for sure will be a great evening in croke park and the losers of our game its game over!

You have to commend mc stay to, very good manager, not many of those pundits talk the talk and back it up

trailer

So what are we all thinking here? Tyrone by 6? Would imagine we've the firepower to see this one out comfortably. Roscommon were put to the pin of their collar by a very ordinary Armagh outfit. Anything less than a Tyrone win by 6 or 7 points would be a bad result.

kopite

Quote from: Rudi on July 10, 2018, 11:29:28 AM
This was because we were the first team to stay locally before a game in Tyrone..the likes of Dublin Kerry stay across the border the night before ..
The ramblings of syferus have reached farcical levels..trying to rustle up enmity between counties who've met probably 10/12 times in 30 years at senior level is twisted..I've followed Roscommon to every county in Ireland for over 40 years and the warmest welcomes have always been in the occupied counties..Tyrone play it hard and on the edge,the way Roscommon were always known for..we have good footballers again and playing these games and division one next year will bring us on some more..I rate Tyrone and cant wait to see how we shape up on Saturday ..
The likes of syferus speak for a tiny minority of Roscommon supporters and indeed GAA supporters in general ..

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 10, 2018, 12:04:49 PM

The newsletter is a belfast paper. It's as affiliated with Galway as much as it is Tyrone.
Hmmn
I was in Omagh in 2003 when Sam Maguire first visited the county and the officiating Mayor was a Protestant  So there must be a few of them there all the time.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Oldira

Folks Roscommon have only one grudge match and thats against Mayo. Any clowns trying to say there is some sort of 'history' between us and Tyrone is deluded. Tyrone fans are entitled to believe thery will win this one easily and they could well be right. However I am hoping that perhaps Tyrone are not as good as people think and that just maybe we are a bit better than given credit for. In the Conn Final we kicked some shocing wides and drop shorts yet Galway only won the game in injury time. Yet they are spoken of as All Ireland Contenders while we are there to make up the numbers and be thrilled to be there with the big lads. Roscommon have every chance of winning on Saturday but that said I do think Tyrone will have a bit more craft to get them over the line by 2-3 points.  draw woulde be good though...beat Donegal at home and all we would need to do is lost to Dudlin by less than Tyrone do. I am sure the Dubs would do us a favour there  ;) ;)A

Jayop

I can't believe someone called Kopite is the voice of reason.

Anyway, predictions I reckon Tyrone to win but by the odd point or two and if we do that I'll be delighted. A win is a win by a point or by 10.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on July 10, 2018, 11:12:07 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 10, 2018, 11:10:40 AM
Quote from: oliverkelly on July 10, 2018, 10:40:10 AM
To be honest i dont understand half the shite going on here between us and Tyrone fans. Watching the game against Armagh last weekend there was a group of Tyrone gentlemen beside us and you couldnt meet nicer(And that wasnt just because they were shouting for us). And i have never had a problem with any Tyrone fan at any game we have faced them before either Senior or underage. For some reason it seems this website brings out the worst in both

Like I've said umpteen times - I know of no Tyrone fan who has a grudge with Roscommon. That's why I was surprised that it was labelled "the grudge match of the year". Still waiting for the explanation on that one.

You'll be waiting a a long time so.

I'll take this as an admission that you feel a little bit silly that you are the only one still carrying a grudge about that U21 semi final a few years ago.
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on July 10, 2018, 12:54:36 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 10, 2018, 12:04:49 PM

Hmmn
I was in Omagh in 2003 when Sam Maguire first visited the county and the officiating Mayor was a Protestant  So there must be a few of them there all the time.

Of course there is. Doesn't make the newsletter a Tyrone paper.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 10, 2018, 12:56:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 10, 2018, 11:12:07 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 10, 2018, 11:10:40 AM
Quote from: oliverkelly on July 10, 2018, 10:40:10 AM
To be honest i dont understand half the shite going on here between us and Tyrone fans. Watching the game against Armagh last weekend there was a group of Tyrone gentlemen beside us and you couldnt meet nicer(And that wasnt just because they were shouting for us). And i have never had a problem with any Tyrone fan at any game we have faced them before either Senior or underage. For some reason it seems this website brings out the worst in both

Like I've said umpteen times - I know of no Tyrone fan who has a grudge with Roscommon. That's why I was surprised that it was labelled "the grudge match of the year". Still waiting for the explanation on that one.

You'll be waiting a a long time so.

I'll take this as an admission that you feel a little bit silly that you are the only one still carrying a grudge about that U21 semi final a few years ago.

I feel perfectly comfortable in what I said. It's you that seem to really have trouble getting over it.

Farrandeelin

Is this 'grudge' carried on from Tyrone beating Ros in an u21 match a year or three back?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Time ye all added th'eejit to ye're ignore list.
That way the adults can get on with adult discussion .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM