Love Libya March

Started by Orangemac, August 30, 2011, 12:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

http://www.sbpost.ie/news/ira-victims-to-go-to-libya-to-resolve-compensation-58325.html

Is this for real? 2 billion? Surely the new Libyan regime has better things too than meet Willie Frazier. I'm sure this money will be wisely distributed through an office in Markethill somewhere.

ExcellentDriver

Now that the Middle East is set to become democratised, hopefully those from the region living in the West will agree to repatriate and help rebuild their Homeland. We'll concede in letting them keep the money earned in the West.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Capt Pat

2 billion reasons to love Libya. That is probaly about a million for each of the IRAs victims. Did Gadaffi fund the whole lot for 40 years.?

stew

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 30, 2011, 11:52:56 AM
2 billion reasons to love Libya. That is probaly about a million for each of the IRAs victims. Did Gadaffi fund the whole lot for 40 years.?

Nope. the Ra are said to be worth more than 200 million in their own right. I would not be surprised.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

glens abu

Quote from: stew on August 30, 2011, 04:03:25 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on August 30, 2011, 11:52:56 AM

Nope. the Ra are said to be worth more than 200 million in their own right. I would not be surprised.

:D :D wise up and stop reading the Sunday World

Declan

Gaddafi is dead - report
Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 12:53 PM

News agency Reuters is reporting that Muammar Gaddafi has died of wounds sustained today.

More on this breaking story as we get it.

Presumably these boys will be in there next?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204485304576640674153125778.html?mod=WSJEUROPE_hpp_sections_world

ziggysego

BBC are saying he's been captured by Libyans.
Testing Accessibility

Trout

Nally Stand and his cohorts will be looking for a minutes silence.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Nally Stand

Quote from: Trout on October 20, 2011, 02:24:57 PM

GOOD ONE!!!  :D

::)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Could think of 2 billion reasons why the Libyan people might say no to this ridiculious compensation amount.
Tbc....

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Trout on October 20, 2011, 02:24:57 PM

I reckon it's a dead Sirte.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Main Street

He's dead now.
They say he had stashed approx US$32bn in foreign banks.

Makes Fianna Fail look like grubby little paper bag beggars, by corruption comparisons.

nrico2006

Still thing it hypocritical for someone representing any nation or people when they come out with statements celebrating Gaddafis death.  Just seems strange that in an era where everything should seemingly be sorted and handled peacefully or through a legitimate justice system that certain influential people in power voice their happiness at his death - not really the example to be setting.  You would love to know what goes on behind the scenes as I doubt he was ever going to live.  Would there have been an order to kill him no matter what and how much involvement/say so would the UN, US or UK have had?  Easier to kill the man than let him live and reveal dirty secrets.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

haveaharp

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 20, 2011, 04:38:06 PM
Still thing it hypocritical for someone representing any nation or people when they come out with statements celebrating Gaddafis death.  Just seems strange that in an era where everything should seemingly be sorted and handled peacefully or through a legitimate justice system that certain influential people in power voice their happiness at his death - not really the example to be setting.  You would love to know what goes on behind the scenes as I doubt he was ever going to live.  Would there have been an order to kill him no matter what and how much involvement/say so would the UN, US or UK have had?  Easier to kill the man than let him live and reveal dirty secrets.

Hypocrisy indeed from Cameron talking about the Libyan semtex sent to the IRA

www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2005/jun/12/uk.hearafrica05

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1373444/Libya-The-dirty-secret-UK-arms-sales-Gaddafi.html