GP's & Hospitals - What is going on

Started by Hereiam, Today at 12:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

The school rang my wife yesterday about our 12 yr old son who was saying he didnt feel well and said his chest was sore. Teacher said his heart rate was pretty fast. He hadn't been running about or anything. Long story short he was lifted from school and the wife thought she would call into the GP Surgery in our small town. She said the car park to the surgery was empty (this was around 2pm) and when she went to the reception she could see they waiting room was empty and they told her that there were no free appointments available and to ring this number.

She rang the number and explained what was going on and was told to be at Craigavon for 6pm.
Went up and got a ECG done which showed nothing out of the ordinary and said that it might be best to get a chest xray and sent her over to the A&E department.
My wife said it was crazy, the place was packed with only standing room and she just came home as she would probably be still waiting.

Before COVID you could ring the GP surgery and get an appointment the same day, Why are GP's not back to seeing patients, is everything just been sent to the A&E departments. What are they actually doing?

We are not ones who run every time to the doctors if one of us has have a sniffle and the last time I was we were at a hospital was when our last was born which was 8 years ago.

Surly this can go on like this as staff at the hospitals couldnt work under them conditions.

Sorry for the long post.

Milltown Row2

Not all, in the surgery I'm at they are seeing people all the time, some places must different
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 01:24:14 PMNot all, in the surgery I'm at they are seeing people all the time, some places must different

Local GP has very few slots and you have to call every morning from 9 to 9:30 or you won't get a slot that day and then you've to try again the next morning.

Too few GP's in a lot of these surgeries now.

Tones

My surgery will NOT see you unless you have an appointment (ring 79 times from 8.30 to be told all slots filled or get a call back from a Doctor who will do everything they can NOT to physically see you ) they will also NOT see you if you mention chest pain - they tell you to go to A&E - it's a complete joke.