The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Seniors rather unlucky to lose out by a point to Maghery down at the lough shore last Friday night. Exciting end to end game was eventually won by a late Maghery point. Will get a report of the game on to the Club website today, and that will be me up to date at long last!  ;D

I've heard we are down for two home league fixtures this week? Anyone confirm? Of our seven league games so far, only two have been at home, and the two teams we still have to play are Culloville and Dromintee.

Congratualtions to our Under 12s, after they beat the Grange by a point in a thriller, last Saturday evening in Abbey Park, to take the Mid Championship!

www.armaghharps.com 

Spiritof98

Home to Dromintee on Friday and away to Mullabawn Sunday
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Louis the Red

Take it the game on Sunday will be early - Graveyard Sunday @ 3pm

fcuksake

I Think Sundays game will be off, unless they play it at 12
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

armagh leg-end

anyone at the minor game last night? how they play?
Ard Mhacha Abu

fcuksake

heard they played well and the u-16s that have been drafted in are showing up well. I dont know what they won by, but they now face the ogs in the Mick higgins S-final
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Armagh Cúchulainns

Quote: anyone at the minor game last night? how they play?

Harps Minors beat Madden by four points on Monday night.
Good game but come half time with madden two points up and Harps playing downfield with a notable breeze (especially in Ballymacnab) it was thought that two points wasnt a good enough lead. Turns out it wasnt

They now play Ogs in Mick Higgins Final against the old rivals on Monday 2nd July in Abbey Park.

By all accounts this team, as well the Under 16s who have performed so well, deserves all the credit for their showings to date and the final should be a good match.
Its all about the Hurling.

Spiritof98

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on June 20, 2007, 10:45:31 AM
Quote: anyone at the minor game last night? how they play?

Harps Minors beat Madden by four points on Monday night.
Good game but come half time with madden two points up and Harps playing downfield with a notable breeze (especially in Ballymacnab) it was thought that two points wasnt a good enough lead. Turns out it wasnt

They now play Ogs in Mick Higgins Final against the old rivals on Monday 2nd July in Abbey Park.

By all accounts this team, as well the Under 16s who have performed so well, deserves all the credit for their showings to date and the final should be a good match.

I hope so, but were they not hammered by the piggery in the league.

Hank Everlast

did the ogs beat tullysaran by much in the semi? they must have a rite good minor team with 4 county minors on board?

corn02

What sort of team will yous feild on Friday, everyone still on board after the Cross match?

Pat Molloy

I'd imagine a depleted side, things not goin well as usual!! ask anyone from the ogs... ;)

bennydorano

B's beat An Port Mor this evening 1-9 to 0-9, rode our luck at times but a good win.  That leaves us on 9pts after 5 games, but the other teams have all played at least 6 or 7, this could fook us up for the proposed all county B league as the cut-off point is the 5th July and the top 4 go through to it.

Armagh Cúchulainns

QUOTE: I hope so, but were they not hammered by the piggery in the league.

Yes, they where, but for that match they had 16 players, two of which played when they shouldnt have and then paramedics where called to take another Harps player away. A bad showing by all accounts.

Granted maybe the game wont be the best final ever witnessed, but the team has good fighting spirit and defo will not be lying down this time round should the going get tough. Also its in Abbey so it may suit Harps with a smaller pitch (only in terms of Pearse Park).

Spiritof98

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on June 21, 2007, 10:08:19 AM
QUOTE: I hope so, but were they not hammered by the piggery in the league.

Yes, they where, but for that match they had 16 players, two of which played when they shouldnt have and then paramedics where called to take another Harps player away. A bad showing by all accounts.

Granted maybe the game wont be the best final ever witnessed, but the team has good fighting spirit and defo will not be lying down this time round should the going get tough. Also its in Abbey so it may suit Harps with a smaller pitch (only in terms of Pearse Park).

Aye I knew Coco was carried off, didn't know how depleted they were. It would be good to get one over the ogs.

Also when is the U-16 final, Ballmacnab i think.

Armagh Cúchulainns

Few interesting fixtures on the way this week

Friday 22nd - Harps Seniors home to Dromintee
Sunday 24th - Harps Seniors away to Mullaghbawn possible time change to midday
Monday 25th June - Harps home to Dromintee (Minor Championship)
Wednesday 27th June - Harps B's play Granemore venue + time tbc
Thursday 28th June - Harps play B'nab in Under 16 final venue tbc - irish news to confirm on tuesday
Saturday 30th June - Harps B's play Ballyhegan venue + time tbc
Monday 2nd July - Harps home to Pogs in Mick Higgins Cup Final