[D1] Roscommon v Mayo - 27/03/16 [3:30pm, Dr. Hyde Park]

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Note the change in time from the original schedule.

Hard not to look forward to this one. Should be a bumper crowd from both counties. Mayo needing the win to stay in the race for survival, Roscommon with a chance to put the knife into the neighbours' long run in D1.

We were in a similar situation last year at home against Galway and fell very flat. I'd hope regardless of result the performance is a step above that one.

Rossfan

Arra now that we're safe we'll probably put out the fringe players in this one just to give the a run in the NFL. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

....and we're off!

Ross massive favourites for this. Fringe players will beat us!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on March 13, 2016, 10:39:45 PM
....and we're off!

Ross massive favourites for this. Fringe players will beat us!

So you think you have no hope of McStaying in D1?

From the Bunker

Really looking forward to this. Mitchels players will be back and even Higgins might be close to a run. I really don't give a shite about relegation. The league is about finding players, finding systems and filling positions.

Rossfan

We must have 8 or 9 of the 22 positions sorted out by now. :D
I presume the Easter Parade is the reason for the late start?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

highorlow

just as a warning to ye, in hindsight and the more I've thought about it our management gave Kerry far too much respect today. Respect against any of our Connacht brethren goes out the window.

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on March 13, 2016, 10:59:25 PM
just as a warning to ye, in hindsight and the more I've thought about it our management gave Kerry far too much respect today. Respect against any of our Connacht brethren goes out the window.

As long as your forwards don't respect the posts enough to know where they are I'm happy.

Beffs

Syferus

Quote from: Beffs on March 13, 2016, 11:14:23 PM
Has the venue been definitely confirmed?

It's never been down for anywhere else. Pitch was playable last week but it was being saved for this one and Dublin.

Anything you hear otherwise is just nonsense.

larryin89

There will be a game between western Gaels and ballaghadereen the day before 26th march in ballagh pitch 4:30pm . It's a fundraiser for Doireann Martin a five year old girl  from frenchpark diagnosed with DIPG ,an inoperable brain tumour with no survival rate .

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Beffs

Quote from: Syferus on March 13, 2016, 11:18:00 PM

It's never been down for anywhere else. Pitch was playable last week but it was being saved for this one and Dublin.

I know it's always been officially ear marked for the Hyde. But a lot of rain can fall in two weeks. I won't take it for granted that the game will be on there, until the team buses pull into the car park.

Syferus

Quote from: Beffs on March 14, 2016, 12:02:37 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 13, 2016, 11:18:00 PM

I know it's always been officially ear marked for the Hyde. But a lot of rain can fall in two weeks. I won't take it for granted that the game will be on there, until the team buses pull into the car park.

Take it how you want. It isn't ear-marked for anything. It's in the Hyde and will be in the Hyde.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 13, 2016, 10:41:52 PM
Really looking forward to this. Mitchels players will be back and even Higgins might be close to a run. I really don't give a shite about relegation. The league is about finding players, finding systems and filling positions.
Awful attitude for any supporter to have. I doubt Mayos new management are thinking like this and certainly won't want relegation added to their early CV.