Super 8s

Started by theticklemister, February 19, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2018, 07:59:55 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 02, 2018, 07:56:37 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 02, 2018, 07:13:20 PM
Just listening to the GAA Hour there and the boys brought it up but a bit mad to think the Rossies can get into the Super 8's by beating just Leitrim and Armagh. Luck of the draw I know.
What idiot lads brought that up? Kildare thought they got the luck of the draw when paired with Armagh last year.

Very defensive.
No beat them playing offensive football.

sid waddell

Quote from: cornetto on July 02, 2018, 04:51:38 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on July 02, 2018, 11:16:24 AM
Galway v Monaghan for a place in the All-Ireland semi-finals. Bank Holiday weekend, races weekend.

It'll be CHAOS!

I can't wait for the controversy.
The sad part about it is the game game could be a dead rubber if Galway lose first 2 games and Monaghan win theirs.
The fixture schedule mitigates against Galway and Donegal, I feel.

Both are likely to lose their opening games to Kerry and Dublin respectively.

They could then be facing into must win away games against Kildare and Roscommon/Armagh.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: sid waddell on July 03, 2018, 10:27:47 AM
Galway v Monaghan for a place in the All-Ireland semi-finals. Bank Holiday weekend, races weekend.

It'll be CHAOS!

The sad part about it is the game game could be a dead rubber if Galway lose first 2 games and Monaghan win theirs.

They could then be facing into must win away games against Kildare and Roscommon/Armagh.

It does but then again should Kildare beat Fermanagh they will be on their 5th game in 5 weeks against Galway.

Rossfan

Quote from: sid waddell on July 03, 2018, 10:27:47 AM

It'll be CHAOS!

Have Fermanagh conceded? :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

oliverkelly

Just listening to the GAA Hour there and the boys brought it up but a bit mad to think the Rossies can get into the Super 8's by beating just Leitrim and Armagh. Luck of the draw I know.

Dublin have got to super 8's by beating Wicklow, Longford and Laois. All worse teams than Armagh based on previous years championship and current league standings. So if we do beat Armagh we will deserve to be there just as much as everyone else

weareros

Quote from: oliverkelly on July 03, 2018, 11:29:47 AM

Dublin have got to super 8's by beating Wicklow, Longford and Laois. All worse teams than Armagh based on previous years championship and current league standings. So if we do beat Armagh we will deserve to be there just as much as everyone else

That was just that Derry buck who always get super defensive about Ulster football when Wooly mentioned Monaghan had got 3 Div 4 teams in the qualifiers. The reality is Armagh were in the 1/4s last year and while they just got out of Div 3, they are a strong Div 2 standard team that will have a good chance of promotion to Div 1. This is the most even R4 game.

Finally both Monaghan and Roscommon are two of the smallest counties population wise, both rural economic backwaters. Luck has no bearing when such counties punch above their weight.

Solo_run

Quote from: weareros on July 03, 2018, 11:47:55 AM

That was just that Derry buck who always get super defensive about Ulster football when Wooly mentioned Monaghan had got 3 Div 4 teams in the qualifiers. The reality is Armagh were in the 1/4s last year and while they just got out of Div 3, they are a strong Div 2 standard team that will have a good chance of promotion to Div 1. This is the most even R4 game.

Finally both Monaghan and Roscommon are two of the smallest counties population wise, both rural economic backwaters. Luck has no bearing when such counties punch above their weight.

Armagh remained in Division 3 as Tipp scored a late goal...but I get what you mean.

giveherlong

Anybody know who has the TV rights for super 8s and what's the split between RTE/Sky games?

Gabriel_Hurl

Sky exclusives

QuoteSaturday, 14 July
5pm: Super 8 round 1

Saturday, 21 July
5pm: Super 8 round 2
7pm: Super 8 round 2

Saturday, 4 August
7pm: Super 8 round 3
7pm: Super 8 round 3

Taylor

Behave yourself.

Wont get promotion.

Is by the luck of God they get to super 8's they will be demolished in all 3 games which will show how far away they are from division 1 standard

Rossfan

Official
Donegal v Dublin 7pm Saturday 14th.
Galway v Kerry 4pm Sunday 15th.

Other fixtyres to be confirmed 9that July.
I presume Monaghan/Laois v Fermanagh/Kildare 2pm 15th and
Ros/Armagh v Cork/Tyrone at5 pm 14th.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GalwayBayBoy

Kerry v Galway clashing with the World Cup final. Both starting at exact same time at 4pm.

That is not a good idea I feel.

An Fhairche Abu

Well that's one World Cup final I won't be watching so. I knew well that the Dubs wouldn't be put opposite it anyway. Bit strange having Group 2 out first though isn't it?  ::)

weareros

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 03, 2018, 04:31:07 PM
Kerry v Galway clashing with the World Cup final. Both starting at exact same time at 4pm.

That is not a good idea I feel.

I doubt FIFA will change it despite the loss of viewers to those two aristocrats.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Taylor on July 03, 2018, 04:11:52 PM

Behave yourself.

Wont get promotion

Is by the luck of God they get to super 8's they will be demolished in all 3 games which will show how far away they are from division 1 standard
Tipp was one win away from getting promotion to Division one they are no better than Armagh. Division two next year will be Donegal promoted a number of other counties good enough to join them including Armagh.