Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2008, 10:14:24 PM
Cannot see Arsenal sustaining any type of title challenge. Although Spuds had 5 chances and took 4, Arsenal look extremely vunerable in CD. Gallas simply isn't a leader, but I don't know who is in that team.

6 points off the lead but still to meet a top side. Doesn't bode well.

Fabregas?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ONeill

He'd be the No.1 candidate I suppose.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Gs Man

I was watching Sky Sports News.  Got to 3-1 and put my boot through the TV.  Came on here thinking I'd see O'Neill gloating and realise it's 4-4??????  Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goal of the Season David Bentley.  No doubt about it!!!!!
Keep 'er lit

Old Bill

2154: GOAL Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham
Did I really just write that? That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Luka Modric hits a stunning, dipping, outrageous volley from the edge of the box that flies over Manuel Almunia and cannons back off the post and substitute Aaron Lennon is on hand to tap in the rebound. Utterly, utterly incredible scenes.

Fuckin fantastic!

You are a fairweather fan The Gs Man!

The Gs Man

Quote from: Old Bill on October 29, 2008, 10:32:29 PM

You are a fairweather fan The Gs Man!

Fairweather feck all!!!  My heads been wrecked this past two months.  The wife left me and took the kids with her.  I've turned into a right grumpy bastard.  Only Harry has come in and steadied the ship I'd be found lying in some backstreet with a binliner round me to keep the cold out.
Keep 'er lit

Dinny Breen

Spurs have to be luckiest side in the world, Arsenal completely outplayed them bar a 15 minute spell at the start. Arsenal will win nothing but Spurs are so poor I can see them been relegated Arsenal could have scored 10 goals tonight. Very frustrating!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Good game all the same  - 8 different scorers.

Did you see the Spurs fan who got caught up in the goal celebration?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/default.stm

Old Bill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 29, 2008, 10:47:40 PM
Spurs have to be luckiest side in the world, Arsenal completely outplayed them bar a 15 minute spell at the start. Arsenal will win nothing but Spurs are so poor I can see them been relegated Arsenal could have scored 10 goals tonight. Very frustrating!!!

Dry your eyes man!
build up first arsenal goal: bents foul no foul given
1st arsenal goal: goalie howler.
2nd arse goal: no foul for free for van persie and huddlestone hard done by.
4th goal: Hutton mistake let in adebayor.
Spurs had lucky goals too but that post of yours was ridiculous.

Dinny Breen

Spurs creating absolutly nothing after the adrenaline died down, Bentleys goal was a 1 in a million shot where Denillson was fouled firstly, the 2nd goal was again a speculative shot which Almunia made a balls off, the third goal, great finsh but was a mistake by Clichy and the last goal was a long ball with another speculative shot that was deflected. All jammy goals, Spurs were completely played off the park for the majority and only myopic Spurs supporters would deny that.

One cannot deny that Spurs are relegation fodder, they are bottom of the premier league hence the worst side in the premiership hence I can see them been relegated and with that defence I didn't anything last night to convince me otherwsie.

::)
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Modern history

Thu Oct 30 08:58AM
Pile on! Here lies a story of two football clubs who reside in North London. One wears red, the other wears white; one is usually good, the other usually shi... well let us not finish that little limerick.

But let's look at the pair: first you have Arsenal - in just the last 10 years they have won three league titles and claimed five second place finishes; they have become Champions League regulars; and they are third in the Premier League just six points behind leaders Liverpool.

Then you have Tottenham - they have not won a league title since 1961 or indeed finished in the top two since 1963; their fans have never heard heavenly voices singing "the champions" at White Hart Lane on a Wednesday night; and they currently lie bottom of the Premier League with just six points all season.

Last night the two sides met and it was a draw - who would you rather support?

Well this morning the birds are singing, the sun is shining, and all feels well with the world if you are a Tottenham fan; while Arsenal fans are scratching their heads trying to think of an excuse that will allow them to call in sick for work.

Those Gooners who are brave enough to solider in and face their baiting Tottenham mates will no doubt regale the history lesson above to their success famished rivals, but the Spurs fans won't care.

Such is the beauty of football, the beauty of the derby, the beauty of the last minute equaliser.

Sorry Arsenal fans, but you're just going to have to suck this one up.

Forget Jesus, Allah, Vishnu and Buddah - for one week at least the only messiah that counts down at White Hart Lane is good old 'Arry.

Arsene Wenger said before last night's epic encounter that he thought Spurs were too hasty in their sacking of Juande Ramos, but it is hard to imagine there is a football fan in the country who thinks Tottenham would have got anything from the Emirates last night had the Spaniard still been charge.

Tottenham had a belief and a spirit about them throughout the game that has been sadly lacking all season. David Bentley and Luka Modric looked fresh and invigorated after their comatose starts to their careers at White Hart Lane. And Spurs might have even won the game if they had a decent goalkeeper - heck they might have even won the match with Paul Robinson between the sticks.

ED has laughed with the rest of country at Spurs' calamitous start to the season, and will laugh even harder when Redknapp's pixie dust wears off and they are relegated, but credit where credit is due - for now we will let them enjoy their moment.

A small minority of Spurs fans though must be having mixed feelings about last night's escapades.  Yes, we are of course talking about those few fans who left the stadium before the final whistle.

One painful lesson that those moronic Liverpool fans who flew all the way to Istanbul for the Champions League final in 2005 only to then leave at half-time when they saw their side go 3-0 down to Milan will tell you is that you should NEVER leave a match before the final whistle if there is even a slither of hope that your side might make a miraculous comeback.

It is understandable that when your team is 4-2 down to your main rivals with a minute to go that you might be tempted to end the agony early; and judging by the amount of empty seats that could be seen in the Tottenham end when the late goals went in lots of Spurs fans took that option.

The majority stayed of to be fair, it is not like the stand was as empty as the Jonathon Ross studio will be this Friday or anything, but how must those fans who did leave be feeling this morning knowing that they missed a sensational comeback from their team that will be talked about for years to come?

Almost as sick as the Arsenal fans I'd imagine.

Almost!

T Fearon

What a pleasure to shit on your parade with an unsettled team and new management. Cant wait for the return at WHL at which stage we'll have a fully settled team and be in top form as well. At least the Goons fans might have woken up last night when they realised for once an entertaining team was playing. I heard a few of them broke out into a whisper! :D

corn02

Quote from: ONeill on October 30, 2008, 09:24:38 AM
Modern history

Thu Oct 30 08:58AM
Pile on! Here lies a story of two football clubs who reside in North London. One wears red, the other wears white; one is usually good, the other usually shi... well let us not finish that little limerick.

But let's look at the pair: first you have Arsenal - in just the last 10 years they have won three league titles and claimed five second place finishes; they have become Champions League regulars; and they are third in the Premier League just six points behind leaders Liverpool.

Then you have Tottenham - they have not won a league title since 1961 or indeed finished in the top two since 1963; their fans have never heard heavenly voices singing "the champions" at White Hart Lane on a Wednesday night; and they currently lie bottom of the Premier League with just six points all season.

Last night the two sides met and it was a draw - who would you rather support?

Well this morning the birds are singing, the sun is shining, and all feels well with the world if you are a Tottenham fan; while Arsenal fans are scratching their heads trying to think of an excuse that will allow them to call in sick for work.

Those Gooners who are brave enough to solider in and face their baiting Tottenham mates will no doubt regale the history lesson above to their success famished rivals, but the Spurs fans won't care.

Such is the beauty of football, the beauty of the derby, the beauty of the last minute equaliser.

Sorry Arsenal fans, but you're just going to have to suck this one up.

Forget Jesus, Allah, Vishnu and Buddah - for one week at least the only messiah that counts down at White Hart Lane is good old 'Arry.

Arsene Wenger said before last night's epic encounter that he thought Spurs were too hasty in their sacking of Juande Ramos, but it is hard to imagine there is a football fan in the country who thinks Tottenham would have got anything from the Emirates last night had the Spaniard still been charge.

Tottenham had a belief and a spirit about them throughout the game that has been sadly lacking all season. David Bentley and Luka Modric looked fresh and invigorated after their comatose starts to their careers at White Hart Lane. And Spurs might have even won the game if they had a decent goalkeeper - heck they might have even won the match with Paul Robinson between the sticks.

ED has laughed with the rest of country at Spurs' calamitous start to the season, and will laugh even harder when Redknapp's pixie dust wears off and they are relegated, but credit where credit is due - for now we will let them enjoy their moment.

A small minority of Spurs fans though must be having mixed feelings about last night's escapades.  Yes, we are of course talking about those few fans who left the stadium before the final whistle.

One painful lesson that those moronic Liverpool fans who flew all the way to Istanbul for the Champions League final in 2005 only to then leave at half-time when they saw their side go 3-0 down to Milan will tell you is that you should NEVER leave a match before the final whistle if there is even a slither of hope that your side might make a miraculous comeback.

It is understandable that when your team is 4-2 down to your main rivals with a minute to go that you might be tempted to end the agony early; and judging by the amount of empty seats that could be seen in the Tottenham end when the late goals went in lots of Spurs fans took that option.

The majority stayed of to be fair, it is not like the stand was as empty as the Jonathon Ross studio will be this Friday or anything, but how must those fans who did leave be feeling this morning knowing that they missed a sensational comeback from their team that will be talked about for years to come?

Almost as sick as the Arsenal fans I'd imagine.

Almost!

Ehh? where is this soming from. The same halftime were a handful left like any game and the crowd sung 'you'll never walk alone' n masse?

Over the Bar

Fabregas-bag picks his week to claim that Arsenal Women would beat Spurs!   :D

Ranks alongside Hansen's "You'll win nothing with kids" and Keegans "Only one team will win it now & that's England!"  remarks.

hectorsheroes

Fair play to Spurs - you drew a match - cue wild celebrations.

Yes Arsenal threw it away and have only themselves to blame and the fans rightly feel sick but spare us the Spurs goading and Fabregas didn't actually say what was reported. You drew a match that Arsenal contrived to throw away courtesy of several mistakes

corn02

Jesus do you expect them not to celebrate that result - they were dead and buried ffs.