Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: theskull1 on December 24, 2017, 01:24:08 AM
Proposal from Croke Park you mean.

This seriously important issue was completely ignored at the County AGM .... yet now we have this proposal .... and AFAICS its based solely on a need to line up with what Croke Park have done. WTF

Does the County have any clue (does any club have any clue) just how many U19 players will be available for the season ahead?
Does the County have any consideration for the possibility that several U19 players will be part of their senior panel?
Does the County understand that introducing an U19 competition will burden many U17 players (studying A levels) as they will be needed to fill out U19 panels?
Does the County give a flying fook other than towing the line with their masters?

What am I missing here? This makes zero sense to me.
there have been several posts since I started this debate and no-one can answer the question about what is mandatory and what the individual counties have discretion over - not a good starting point and I too have concerns that it will be harder to field u19 teams than u18 teams as some leave for university at 18/19 and some will see themselves as seniors and not want to play u19...........

Milltown Row2

Change will not suit everyone, this looks like something that is a benefit to the southern members.. a possible meeting with club delegates to see what's best for Antrim would be the better outcome here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 24, 2017, 04:05:55 PM
Change will not suit everyone, this looks like something that is a benefit to the southern members.. a possible meeting with club delegates to see what's best for Antrim would be the better outcome here
Anyone know when there will be a decision this or when there will be a county u17 manager be in place? surely most teams start training early Jan..............

maxpower

I believe a decision is to made this week!

Far to many unanswered questions for anyone to make an informed decision!

1. What will be the cross over of players from u17 to u19
2. What happens to the u21 grade
3. Will feile be u13 or u14
4. Will u11 be outdoor (21 to 21) like last year u12 or go games like u10's
5. At what point are you consider an adult team?
What happens next????

bannside

Successful launch of Gaelfast initiative today. Well done to everyone involved in delivering this to our county and surely we will see the benefit of this in the next generation. Clear evidence of the Saffron Vision working in real life.

For many years soccer has been a massive pull for youngsters in belfast and this is a great chance to promote our national sports to them in a professional way.

Two Hands FFS

Antrim not spending it wisely would be my biggest fear.  Dublin were very well organised and had a great plan in place.

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on April 13, 2018, 08:37:52 PM
Antrim not spending it wisely would be my biggest fear.  Dublin were very well organised and had a great plan in place.

Usual suspects will be sniffing about I assume
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BrendanAntrim

Good man. That's the quickest cynical response I have read on this Forum, and there's a fair bit of competition.

theskull1

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 13, 2018, 11:49:45 PM

Good man. That's the quickest cynical response I have read on this Forum, and there's a fair bit of competition.

Oh phulease Brendan!! ::)

Thats just spin and well you know it. No harm I believe in people holding concerns that money (if not properly used) may not get spent wisely. Keeps minds focused does it not?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Kidder81

Be interesting to see how open and transparent the recruitment is, wouldn't hold my breath

bannside

I'd have the opposite view. Most on the board would be familiar with best practice in running a business, especially in the field of HR and recruitment. Those are things you don't mess around with. Having said that the essential criteria looks steep. Hopefully we get the right person.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 14, 2018, 12:42:41 AM
Be interesting to see how open and transparent the recruitment is, wouldn't hold my breath

Please do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: theskull1 on April 14, 2018, 12:35:18 AM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 13, 2018, 11:49:45 PM

Oh phulease Brendan!! ::)

Thats just spin and well you know it. No harm I believe in people holding concerns that money (if not properly used) may not get spent wisely. Keeps minds focused does it not?
People go on & on about Dublin GAA being given a fortune, which is true. But they had a plan in place which I'm sure we can all agree is a success. I'm happy Antrim got the money and fair play to Saffron Vision...but what happens from now on in is the key bit. Surely that's common sense??

Gall the way

We can only hope the right plan is in place! From the pictures it looks like there are 4 "hubs" and 4 staff members. Is that it? 4 more people on the ground and this regeneration manager being paid mega bucks to manage them? (Hope I'm wrong)
Dublin's plan had a hell of a lot more people involved in it, so this is nowhere near that level.
There has been no consultation to clubs; just a "letting us know what's happening" session ONE night where that balloon Pat OHagan basically shushed any other recommendation/question. I'd have felt more comfortable seeing people from a sports development background involved, but from speaking to my own club members (who are staff) as well as other Antrim staff and from bodies such as Sport NI not one of them was consulted.

Now I seriously hope I'm wrong and this is the best thing that ever happens to Belfast, and in-turn, Antrim GAA, but i can't help to feel like if we mess this up we don't get another shot. Clubs need more transparency and involvement in this project, not being shushed off one night in Hannahstown. We need to demand it. After all it is us who vote these people into position so we should get somewhat of a say!
Ps I know this forum isn't the way to do it, I've already contacted the appropriate people in my club.

Belfast GAA man

Fair to say we all hope this works for Belfast/Antrim
However £200k a year with £60k going to the overall manager leaves £140k a year. No doubt pitch hire and equipment will be required. This doesn't leave a lot for coaches does it?
While this is welcome it feels a bit like a Croke showing they are doing something as much as anything