NFL Division 4 2011

Started by Rossfan, January 30, 2011, 08:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Anyone any interest in this ?
There is only one thing to do - and that is get out of this Division straight away.
Fermanagh will be the biggest obstacle with Laythrum and Longford being their usual un neighbourly selves when it comes to anything Roscommon .   :D>:(
Of course if Wicklow are prepared to spend .... their manager might suddenly get very interested in the League for a change and also make it difficult for us.
I'm hopeful we can get one of the promotion slots and an oul outing in Croke Park.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

The upcoming League has my full attention. A home game v Roscommon will set the tone for the campaign. Hard to call the winners and losers but others will be more fancied than us to get the nod.

ross4life

Well the cold harsh reality of Div 4 won't be realised until i walk in the gates of Pearse Park Longford on Sunday! But that's where we find ourselves now & the only way is up!

Anything but promotion out of this tricky division will be a disappointed & the longford game will set the tone.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Orangemac

Hard to see past Roscommon and Fermanagh in Div 4.

Possible dark horses, Clare maybe.

sammymaguire

Fermanagh will struggle to finish in the top 2 spots. That's just my opinion though
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Maguire01

I'd expect Fermanagh to top this division myself.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 31, 2011, 11:15:20 PM

I hope so to give them any sort of confidence heading into May but it could be a tough two months if they don't win first 2 games v Carlow and Longford
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Maguire01

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 31, 2011, 11:31:06 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on January 31, 2011, 11:15:20 PM

I hope so to give them any sort of confidence heading into May but it could be a tough two months if they don't win first 2 games v Carlow and Longford
I think the biggest danger/risk for a team like Fermanagh in Division 4 is lack of motivation. Whilst they may be motivated now to get out of Division 4, it's not easy maintaining that when you're playing matches at the other end of the country (and maybe even at home) in front of a few hundred people.

The Forfeit Point

longford have never beaten roscommon for as long as i can remember and i cant see that changing this weekend im afraid

ross4life

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on February 01, 2011, 12:11:08 AM
longford have never beaten roscommon for as long as i can remember and i cant see that changing this weekend im afraid

Looks like we will be missing a number of players including our main scorer Shine & with home advantage it's a great chance for Longford to get there first win over the Rossies.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ExiledGael

This is what we're up against:

Allianz Football League Roinn 4 2011
Round 2 Carlow V Fermanagh
Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Dr Cullen Park

Round 3 Fermanagh V Longford
Time: 7 30 PM, Venue: Brewster Park

Round 4 Fermanagh V Wicklow
Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Brewster Park

Round 5 Roscommon V Fermanagh
Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Kiltoom

Round 6 Leitrim V Fermanagh
Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Ballinamore

Round 7 Kilkenny V Fermanagh
Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Freshford

Round 8 Fermanagh V Clare

Round 9 Fermanagh V London

So much hinges on that first game. Wouldn't be putting too much money on us but I'd be confident we'll at least be in the shake up for promotion. Away to Roscommon and Carlow, plus home game with Wicklow will be the key.

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: ross4life on February 01, 2011, 10:41:33 AM

Looks like we will be missing a number of players including our main scorer Shine & with home advantage it's a great chance for Longford to get there first win over the Rossies.

have we actually never beaten ye?  :(

we are missing both of our main forwards - kavanagh and francis mcgee so i think shine's absence wont effect ye too much

Qwerty28

Looks like an away win alright...dont see Longford getting promoted, toughaway game to Fermanagh is our next outing so could be out of the reckoning early Im afraid, althoughhopefully Im wrong!

Dougal

is shine definately out?with mcgee and kavanagh both out i find it hard to look past a win for the rossies.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

ross4life

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on February 01, 2011, 03:52:40 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 01, 2011, 10:41:33 AM

have we actually never beaten ye?  :(

we are missing both of our main forwards - kavanagh and francis mcgee so i think shine's absence wont effect ye too much

From what i understand we never lost to Longford though if you can beat Mayo you can beat us?

Shine fractured his thumb should be out for a couple of weeks our keeper Claffey & Casey are also out among others

I thought kavanagh was going to play?