TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hereiam on June 06, 2019, 01:52:03 PM
A protestant show for the protestant people.

Why are you bringing religion in on this? seems a bit strange
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

I thought Chernobyl was top class.  I obviously knew about the disaster but I don't think I really took notice of the scale of it until this show.

For me the accents were not a problem at all.  I would much prefer that to either subtitles or awful Russian accents (unless we can drag John Malkovich in to play all the parts).

bennydorano

The last episode of The Virtues is as intense a bit of Telly as you're likely to see. Hard watch but superb.

Chernobyl was excellent as well.

quit yo jibbajabba

Virtues was excellent. Grim stuff from the start interlaced with the odd bit of humour

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on June 07, 2019, 09:52:22 AM
The last episode of The Virtues is as intense a bit of Telly as you're likely to see. Hard watch but superb.

Both really gripping shows. The scene in Chernobyl where they had to run out onto the roof for 90seconds to get rid of the lumps of graphite was mixture of suffocating / claustophic. Shooting the animals was depressing. Watching the virtues i said to the missus that's not set in Ireland. Why she says? Because pubs don't look like that in Ireland. (Last episode that big grey pub i'll bet was derbyshire/south yorkshire)
Anyway great TV. At the moment i think we are getting some of the best TV ever shows like the above, all the HBO stuff etc and some of the absolute dregs Love island Towie etc. Very polarised. Then isn't everything at the minute.

screenexile

Quote from: maddog on June 07, 2019, 11:06:33 AM

Both really gripping shows. The scene in Chernobyl where they had to run out onto the roof for 90seconds to get rid of the lumps of graphite was mixture of suffocating / claustophic. Shooting the animals was depressing. Watching the virtues i said to the missus that's not set in Ireland. Why she says? Because pubs don't look like that in Ireland. (Last episode that big grey pub i'll bet was derbyshire/south yorkshire)
Anyway great TV. At the moment i think we are getting some of the best TV ever shows like the above, all the HBO stuff etc and some of the absolute dregs Love island Towie etc. Very polarised. Then isn't everything at the minute.

Said that myself after the last episode when he ordered a pint of stout and there was a pumping match at the bar. That's not how stout is served here!!

Haven't seen the last episode of Virtues yet will watch it tonight.

quit yo jibbajabba

Aye looked at the end and it only said based in Sheffield

Youth club tits

maddog

Quote from: screenexile on June 07, 2019, 11:08:13 AM
Quote from: maddog on June 07, 2019, 11:06:33 AM

Said that myself after the last episode when he ordered a pint of stout and there was a pumping match at the bar. That's not how stout is served here!!

Haven't seen the last episode of Virtues yet will watch it tonight.

Right enough, is there any beer served like that on a pulled hand pump in Ireland ? You would see it a lot in North of England but not so much here in Birmingham.

screenexile

Virtues was grim lads but well written and well acted a quality show.

DrinkingHarp

Anyone watch Good Omens yet? On Amazon and the previews look good.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

tbrick18

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 06, 2019, 09:58:44 AM
Theres no place like Tyrone!!! Give me strength.
Did anyone watch this? I never watched a bigger pile of dung in my life  :o

Sure it's a true representation of the people of tirrone so it is. 😂😂😂

Harold Disgracey

Enjoyed the new Matt Berry show, the Year of the Rabbit on Channel 4. A very sweary, funny Victorian era version of the Sweeney.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 05, 2019, 09:55:48 PM
three episodes in and Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime pretty decent viewing
Finished the first series last night ,  I really enjoyed it ,

Insane Bolt

Riviera....4/10....women will love for the fashion alone😩
Fauda....7/10.....enjoyed it despite the terrible dubbing
Black Crows.....what can I say.....so bad I had to watch it all.....29 episodes 😭
Just started Sleeper Cell.....seems quite good.