Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiff breeze

Quote from: Line Ball on August 15, 2015, 11:02:08 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on August 15, 2015, 10:48:36 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on August 15, 2015, 09:25:47 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on August 15, 2015, 09:41:52 AM
Quote from: terrifictommy on August 15, 2015, 08:40:32 AM
Good man Tommy. Any chance of a translation there? Is English your first language?

Sams I didn't read the terms and conditions correctly there, missed the part which said all messages had to conform to a certain standard. Good swerve on the content though, does not take away from the fact Glenn players and management are a disgrace to the club and county with their antics this year. County Board made a mess of the whole situation and now are out of options. I wouldn't bring a 7's team to them changing rooms!

Anyone know why Annaclone/Ballyholland called off?

Tommy, steady on with anything negative about Glenn.  Don't you know you can't criticise them on here?  Actually some people think that you are not allowed to post negatively about anything, they must fail to understand the concept of this board and what it is all about - DISCUSSION. It's obviously too difficult for some to accept.

Line ball Glenn have a poor record away this year but last year beat Rostrevor , Hiltown and liatroim on the road, how did the size of their changing facilities and pitch affect them three performances ? Discuss

Line ball Glenn have a poor record away this year but last year  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Live in the present my boyo, not the past.

Basing your statement (that Glenn's pitch and facilities was winning them games) on just one season was kinda dumb though . Do your research or you end up looking silly . And we are all about the future here , get used to looking at us

Hedgehunter

Ballyholland appealed suspensions to their players, and rather the county board let the players play under appeal they called the game off.

Line Ball

Quote from: stiff breeze on August 15, 2015, 11:15:53 PM
Good man Tommy. Any chance of a translation there? Is English your first language?

Sams I didn't read the terms and conditions correctly there, missed the part which said all messages had to conform to a certain standard. Good swerve on the content though, does not take away from the fact Glenn players and management are a disgrace to the club and county with their antics this year. County Board made a mess of the whole situation and now are out of options. I wouldn't bring a 7's team to them changing rooms!

Tommy, steady on with anything negative about Glenn.  Don't you know you can't criticise them on here?  Actually some people think that you are not allowed to post negatively about anything, they must fail to understand the concept of this board and what it is all about - DISCUSSION. It's obviously too difficult for some to accept.

Line ball Glenn have a poor record away this year but last year beat Rostrevor , Hiltown and liatroim on the road, how did the size of their changing facilities and pitch affect them three performances ? Discuss

Line ball Glenn have a poor record away this year but last year  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Basing your statement (that Glenn's pitch and facilities was winning them games) on just one season was kinda dumb though . Do your research or you end up looking silly . And we are all about the future here , get used to looking at us

Glens results 2015:

Beat Downpatrick at home
Beat Banbridge away on an even worse pitch than Glens
Drew with Clonduff at home
Beaten by Saval away
Beat Liatroim well at home
Beaten well by Bryansford away
Beat Castlewellan at home
Beaten by Longstone away
Beat Rostrevor at home
Beaten by Burren at home
add in two abandoned games???????

11 games finished (I won't say played) according to Down website
6 games played at home winning 4 and drawing 1
4 games played away winning 1
Friday 31st Jul 2015
7 30 PM   Ballyholland   BALLYHOLLAND 0-0   -   0-0 GLENN   Fearghal Laverty
Glenn had -1 points deducted. Annaclone had -1 points deducted. For the following reason: CCC Meeting 2nd June

Now you tell me how your awful pitch and even worse dressing rooms are not an advantage to you?  I'm not even going to start on your abysmal disciplinary record this year but I would be interested in how you are going to try and defend that one.

John Martin

Quote from: Line Ball on August 15, 2015, 11:49:29 PM

Glens results 2015:

Beat Downpatrick at home
Beaten by Saval away
Beaten by Longstone away
Beat Rostrevor at home
Beaten by Burren at home

Friday 31st Jul 2015
Glenn had -1 points deducted. Annaclone had -1 points deducted. For the following reason: CCC Meeting 2nd June

Now you tell me how your awful pitch and even worse dressing rooms are not an advantage to you?  I'm not even going to start on your abysmal disciplinary record this year but I would be interested in how you are going to try and defend that one.

Another way of looking at it is:
6 games against teams in the bottom half of division 1 - 5 wins and 1 defeat
5 games against teams in the top half - 1 draw and 4 defeats

There are many other factors to be considered other than changing rooms. I guess we will know more next year though when teams play each other home and away.

Hedgehunter

Glens results 2015:

Beat Downpatrick at home
Beaten by Saval away
Beaten by Longstone away
Beat Rostrevor at home
Beaten by Burren at home

Friday 31st Jul 2015

You must have some serious issues with Glenn to go to all that bother.. Also part of your seemingly well informed information is wrong.. Glenn nor Annaclone were deducted points.. See you in Saval on Monday night..

gaamann

Line Ball the county board are replaying the Glenn Annaclone fixture on Monday night, they came to this decision after they viewed the DVD of the game including the incident in its entirety.No Glenn players or management were suspended in connection with the incident that's a fact.When they viewed the DVD they came to the decision that the referee should not have abandoned the game and it should be replayed.These are facts Line Ball not rumour or hearsay worse things happened in some of the games played last weekend.

stiff breeze

Glens results 2015:

Beat Downpatrick at home
Beaten by Saval away
Beaten by Longstone away
Beat Rostrevor at home
Beaten by Burren at home

Friday 31st Jul 2015

Line ball , I would imagine most teams win more home than away , but I can't be bothered looking through the results to back that up , the only disappointing result there is the long stone one but we put that to bed on a neutral pitch a week ago , so basically all top
Half teams beat us at their home pitch , no shame in that . Mentality and hard work wins games , the rest is smoke and mirrors 

terrifictommy

No wonder Glenn's players and management have acted in this manner if their supporters are anything to go by, this discussion board is full of Glenn nonsense, side stepping and defending the indefensible! How can anyone escape the fact Glenn have had 2 abandoned games this year: jealous of them, not in the slightest. Jealousy is born from wanting something someone else has, crap facilities, bitter management and a 'one-in all-in we're losing' attitude. If less time was spent on here defending their actions and openness to admit these failings maybe your club would receive more positive comments.

Reference the so called appeal and video - Did you see it? I'm informed the video gets the technicality that the referee abandoned without waiting the correct time, hence the ccc decision. It does show all of Glenn management enter the field and running to the fight, do not make out like it didn't happen you foolish child. Do not let the technicality of the decision reflect the real events. Post a copy of the video on YouTube sure, let others decide but doubt you have enough balls for that!!

Ha, innocent poor little Glenn.

terrifictommy

Yes and its none of your business.
[/quote]

Sam5, that short shrift must mean the reason for getting it called off wasn't exactly the real reason, perhaps too many lads not available for another reason? Very late notification as well, maybe you can enlighten everyone.

Longstone have fairly turned things around this last few weeks, good few positive results. No real surprises in league Friday night though. Castlewellan appear to be off form recently too.

gaamann

Terrifictommy not saying that Glenn didn't get involved with Annaclone that night yes there was a melee.What I am saying is that it has been blown out of proportion yes I have seen the DVD so I am not relying on what someone else told me.Stick to the facts at a hearing a panel watched the incident and decided the game should not have been abandoned nobody received a suspension as a result of the melee please try keeping your comments factual.

stiff breeze

Quote from: terrifictommy on August 16, 2015, 07:05:18 AM
No wonder Glenn's players and management have acted in this manner if their supporters are anything to go by, this discussion board is full of Glenn nonsense, side stepping and defending the indefensible! How can anyone escape the fact Glenn have had 2 abandoned games this year: jealous of them, not in the slightest. Jealousy is born from wanting something someone else has, crap facilities, bitter management and a 'one-in all-in we're losing' attitude. If less time was spent on here defending their actions and openness to admit these failings maybe your club would receive more positive comments.

Reference the so called appeal and video - Did you see it? I'm informed the video gets the technicality that the referee abandoned without waiting the correct time, hence the ccc decision. It does show all of Glenn management enter the field and running to the fight, do not make out like it didn't happen you foolish child. Do not let the technicality of the decision reflect the real events. Post a copy of the video on YouTube sure, let others decide but doubt you have enough balls for that!!

Ha, innocent poor little Glenn.

Tommy you are relying on second hand info , that's your main mistake . Unless you were at both games you are just speculating . Who is your club out of interest ?

terrifictommy

I was at the Annaclone v Glenn game and my comments are made up of fact. Take all emotion out of the situation and put down the facts then. If we stick to what was shown on video/ccc hearing are we also saying the Annaclone player did not strike? I doubt it fellas. If you have seen the video you will know the clear facts, however flouting around the fact the ref called it too early tries to indemnify that 2 Glenn managers assaulted and took an Annaclone player to the floor, followed by subs. Why should a ref have to deal with that nonsense? As for the Ballyholland game I was not there not do I care however regardless of the finer detail Glenn were loosing in the last stages and a game was abandoned. It's called a trend! Things happen on the field regularly and that's where it should be left.

I've said before I like what Glenn brought to Div1 last year but this is not creditable.

stiff breeze

Quote from: terrifictommy on August 16, 2015, 11:08:43 AM
I was at the Annaclone v Glenn game and my comments are made up of fact. Take all emotion out of the situation and put down the facts then. If we stick to what was shown on video/ccc hearing are we also saying the Annaclone player did not strike? I doubt it fellas. If you have seen the video you will know the clear facts, however flouting around the fact the ref called it too early tries to indemnify that 2 Glenn managers assaulted and took an Annaclone player to the floor, followed by subs. Why should a ref have to deal with that nonsense? As for the Ballyholland game I was not there not do I care however regardless of the finer detail Glenn were loosing in the last stages and a game was abandoned. It's called a trend! Things happen on the field regularly and that's where it should be left.

I've said before I like what Glenn brought to Div1 last year but this is not creditable.

After that spiel of complete and utter rubbish I am kicking myself for engaging you in the first place . See you tomorrow .

thewobbler

I see there were 4 walkovers in the 8 RFC fixtures this weekend.

Between this, and a D2 team conceding 11 goals on Friday night, I'm starting to conclude that there are just too many clubs in our county, and that the playing pool is being spread too thin.

Line Ball

Quote from: thewobbler on August 16, 2015, 10:42:34 PM
I see there were 4 walkovers in the 8 RFC fixtures this weekend.

Between this, and a D2 team conceding 11 goals on Friday night, I'm starting to conclude that there are just too many clubs in our county, and that the playing pool is being spread too thin.

Maybe it's more to do with the player drain where clubs have lost so many players to both Australia and America never mind the lads still going over to England to work?