Laois Senior Football Championship 2020

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 27, 2020, 11:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Sound decent enough scores put up over the weekend. Good signs in fairness that a decent style is being played. Or am I being naive?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Chrimtain on September 06, 2020, 05:51:44 PM
Both Laois and Offaly were subjected to two weeks of lockdown in August. Yet, Offaly now know the four semi finalists in their football championship because hey had the sense to modify their championship. We in Laois, however, will not play the quarter finals of our championship before another month passes. It seems crazy to me. Like Offaly, we should have modified our championship.

I enjoy the club stuff

Laoiseabu

Looking at the games over the weekend it's hard to see past Port winning the championship. Missing Colm Murphy , Ronan Coffey , Paddy O Sullivan and Diarmuid Bennett and still managed to beat Portlaoise . When I seen Murphy and Coffey weren't on the teamsheet I thought they would really struggle to score and portlaoise would beat them no problem , but they proved me wrong . They were strong defensively and had pace to break out . When the 4 lads come back there is no doubt in my mind they will get over the line this year . As for portlaoise it's the end of their era of dominance for sure . They are a shadow of them old selves and the well seems to have dried up with quality youngsters coming through .The portlaoise intermediates seem to be really struggling too . They will badly miss Bruno this year . But I suppose all good things have to come to an end , a bit like the current Barcelona soccer team actually . Portlaoise and St Joseph's should be an interesting game the next day .

Silkyskillssunshinee

Not sure I'd be writing off Portlaoise just yet. They're not the dominant force they once were, but they still have enough experience within their ranks that know how to get over the line. Brian Glynn should be back for the Joseph's game, and maybe Cahillane or Healy will make a return yet.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The PRO

Quote from: Helix. on September 08, 2020, 09:24:36 AM
Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on September 08, 2020, 12:11:52 AM
Is Healy injured??

Gone back to London teaching I imagine.

The problem for Healy is he has to isolate for 14 days if he comes back from the UK. So it won't be happening.

Butch Cassidy

Any new names called into the senior setup on the back of the club championship?

Laoiseabu

Paul Lawlor , Bruno McCormack, Mickey Lawlor, Podge Conway , Jason Enright, Paul Gilly McDonlald, Chris Conway , Michael Hand, Barney Maher

town1980

the heath
ballyroan
o dempseys
portlaoise

strad
roseanalis 
all the teams to win this weekend i will more than likely call a few wrong

Helix.

Courtwood finding senior championship tough to crack. Granted it is hard to win with 13 players against Rosenallis who look physically decent side. Whether they will sustain it as a dual senior club remains to be seen.
You'd imagine Arles Kilcruise will finally drop down from senior ranks. Can't see them beating Stradbally today in OMP.

The PRO

Lord Jaysus, I appreciate the service Laois TV provides but really it's ridiculous how bad the commentary on the O'Dempseys v Killeshin game was. A television commentary should be very different from a radio commentary. We can see what's happening so you don't need to do a play by play description. The less said about the use of nicknames and first names the better.

High Fielder

I'd be more worried about the standard of football on show. Just awful. Some of the teams playing today looked like they were put together off the street. No plan. Basic execution of skills lacking; and very hard to watch. Thankfully I didn't pay a penny courtesy of a generous friend.

And despite the size of the main stand, what's with the supporters huddled together? Makes a mockery of the whole situation imo

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois SFC Quarter-finals

Ballyfin v The Heath
Emo v Portlaoise
Graiguecullen v Ballylinan
Portarlington v O'Dempseys
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Helix.

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on September 20, 2020, 06:55:41 PM
Laois SFC Quarter-finals

Ballyfin v The Heath
Emo v Portlaoise
Graiguecullen v Ballylinan
Portarlington v O'Dempseys

Few decent games won't be much in them. Best possible draw for Ballyfin and The Heath drawing each other.
O'Dempseys will have it hard without Robbie Kehoe the next day. Each games should be decent.