7 (15.6%)
Tyrone
6 (13.3%)
Cork
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: August 30, 2019, 08:02:14 PM

Blowitupref

From what i recall Sligo was already into Connacht semi final played a full strength team for their final group game. The semi final played 5 days later and Sligo making just 2 changes to their starting team (1 unforced due to injury) lost to Mayo who played their first game in two weeks.

I'm sure in hindsight Michael Duffy the Sligo manager may have rested a number of his starters for that group game but i suppose managers as much as players live and learn by their mistakes.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 01, 2019, 06:34:50 PM
From what i recall Sligo was already into Connacht semi final played a full strength team for their final group game. The semi final played 5 days later and Sligo making just 2 changes to their starting team (1 unforced due to injury) lost to Mayo who played their first game in two weeks.

I'm sure in hindsight Michael Duffy the Sligo manager may have rested a number of his starters for that group game but i suppose managers as much as players live and learn by their mistakes.

As I said earlier, it's not that simple. The belief (because it was clearly written on the fixtures circulated several times from as far back as December) was that a win meant a home semi final whereas a loss meant an away semi final.

Blowitupref

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 01, 2019, 08:26:00 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 01, 2019, 06:34:50 PM

As I said earlier, it's not that simple. The belief (because it was clearly written on the fixtures circulated several times from as far back as December) was that a win meant a home semi final whereas a loss meant an away semi final.

I doubt home advantage was all that important. Playing 2 games in 6 days is tough going for conditioned seniors teams never mind U17s.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 01, 2019, 07:01:02 PM
If Ros were good enough, they'd have won.
They weren't, they didn't .
Ros Co Board seemed well aware that if we played Sligo in a semi final it would be at home i.e reverse of the Group fixture..

kerryforsam19

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 01, 2019, 02:08:23 PM
Kerry the only unbeaten side of the last 4. Galway,Mayo,Cork have all lost two championship games this summer already.

Kerry are  actually 6 year unbeaten now 😂😂😂😂

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on August 01, 2019, 09:22:14 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 01, 2019, 07:01:02 PM
If Ros were good enough, they'd have won.
They weren't, they didn't .
Ros Co Board seemed well aware that if we played Sligo in a semi final it would be at home i.e reverse of the Group fixture..

Why was there a Connacht CCC meeting on the Saturday so if it was so clear?

Rossfan

Not privy to the workings of that body.
All I know is a chap I was talking to at the match in Markievicz who's involved in County affairs told me we'd be at home to Sligo in the Semi if that game ended level.
I still think ye're manager was mad to put out his best team v Ros.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2019, 10:58:03 AM
Not privy to the workings of that body.
All I know is a chap I was talking to at the match in Markievicz who's involved in County affairs told me we'd be at home to Sligo in the Semi if that game ended level.
I still think ye're manager was mad to put out his best team v Ros.

So he's not GAA pillock of the year? Or is he still?  ::)

Blowitupref

All Ireland semi line up schedule confirmed

Saturday the 10th at 3pm Mayo v Cork (on before the Mayo senior semi final)

Sunday the 11th at 1:30 pm Kerry V Galway (on before the Kerry senior semi final)

Farrandeelin

Raging I'm at a wedding next Saturday. Will it be on TG4?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 04, 2019, 08:57:42 AM
Raging I'm at a wedding next Saturday. Will it be on TG4?

What's the penalty in your house for skipping a wedding?