GAAGO where are you?

Started by sligoman2, May 03, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

That's a good price that under-cuts the cowboys currently owning the streaming market. Hopefully there's proper HD streams and archive access coming too - imagine being able to thumb through the last 30 years of AI finals. It'll be a must-have for any GAA supporters outside the country then.

sam03/05

the problem I have is watching the Sunday Game online on the ipad? its always says only available in the island of Ireland but I live in bloody Tyrone, anyone else have that problem...

armaghniac

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 14, 2014, 04:49:50 PM
the problem I have is watching the Sunday Game online on the ipad? its always says only available in the island of Ireland but I live in bloody Tyrone, anyone else have that problem...

Why do people sign up to Internet providers without the least interest in their geocoding policies and then blame RTÉ?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sam03/05

Westside

So does this mean the Cavan v Armagh game is being streamed by RTE?

sligoman2

Nice job today by rte and the gaa.  The price is fair and it looks like they have done their homework.  Hopefully the streams work well and we don't have spinning wheels and frozen screens.

I think they will have a lot of subscribers so I hope they make sure the service can handle the demand. 
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Eamonnca1

Not as good as free-to-air but an improvement on $20/game in the pub.

I await the uproar from the "grassroots are being fleeced" crowd with great interest.

AMayoFan

Is there a full schedule on the games that will be covered? I'm also wondering will matches be streamed live that are not necessary being broadcasted live on RTE ? 

southdown

Are people who do not have sky aware of the sky go app that lets you hook up to another account? Its a great job, meaning I have free Sky sports after linking up to my parents account.

southdown

Ringfort

Are there many other UK based posters on here? Lads what are ye doing to get to watch the matches for the rest of the summer???

I went on to the GAAGO site before the Mon/Tyrone match and read up the terms of service. If I'm interpreting it right the service will basically stop for UK users at the AIQF stage (where we will only get 2 out of the 4 games). No semis or finals because they will be on Sky. What are we to do if we do not have Sky in the house already and live nowhere near an Irish pub?? Pay a fortune to get Sky installed to only watch one thing ie GAA? That's a non runner.

I tried the old dodgy streams route today for the football and saw a grand total of about 5 minutes. I have Hola unblocker to try and get the rte.ie stream from Island of Ireland but it cuts out for me constantly but most of use time the page won't even load. Useless.

So what are my options for seeing the whole of the championship? GAAGO for the early stages then hope for the best with streams for the Aug/Sept games?? I have no problem with paying a subscription to get full coverage but it looks like the deal with Sky has robbed me of the climax of the championship. Anyone else in the same boat or with any suggestions I am over looking??

thejuice

I'm in the local pubs or the hurling. Might fork out for next year but haven't the spare beans for it after buying a house. Not buying sky anyways.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

J OGorman

Have paid for the Donegal match with gaago. Unable to get it to.play on a kindle fire. Click link to watch and diddly. Flash playing Tec. Anyone any ideas? Be nice if they let you test a 5 second recorded stream to test the bastardin thing before paying

Thanks in as advance

sligoman2

Sorry to hear that ogorman, send an email to rte and they will sort you out, or at least they did when I emailed them.

I have to say the service has been excellent and I am very satisfied with the quality of the picture, and I had my doubts at the start.  Well done (so far) to all involved, please make sure ye have enough bandwidth foe the semis and finals when the demand increases.

Also, it would be nice to put the Sunday game on there like it was last year on premium sports.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Puckoon

Anyone have a promo code for this or any US based posters using it? I'd like to give it a go but for the price I'd like to make sure it's a great deal better than the old setanta broadband