Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2024, 12:06:49 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 05, 2024, 11:13:31 AMCollymore was on saying the mistake these two are making is trying to play football similar to Pep etc and simply don't have the players, be better off becoming a dogged hard to beat team, few dogs of war in the middle, pace up front etc. Don't follow the two closely but found it interesting. They deffo haven't been good.

I thought the sheffield united boy would have changed that though. Kompany almost seems a bit deluded trying to play that football and stay safe.

Sames re - Wilder. More worried about assistant refs eating a sandwich and not giving him enough respect it would appear lol

Jell 0 Biafra

Wasn't it Norwich a few years back basically had as their economic model that they were going to bounce back and forth between the top two flights?  Maybe there's some such thinking going on here too.

jcpen

A year ago today since Liverpool beat Man United 7-0. Time goes quick.
Liverpool have improved since and Man United haven't got any better.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

johnnycool

Quote from: jcpen on March 05, 2024, 02:17:39 PMA year ago today since Liverpool beat Man United 7-0. Time goes quick.

Yet the last time they played it was a draw, go figure!

Armagh18

Quote from: jcpen on March 05, 2024, 02:17:39 PMA year ago today since Liverpool beat Man United 7-0. Time goes quick.
United were flying up to then as well- think they'd just won the league cup and beat Barca in Europa as well. Havent recovered from that 7 nil since.

Blowitupref

Quote from: johnnycool on March 05, 2024, 03:47:05 PM

That's sport alright. Liverpool finished 5th and Man United 3rd after that match last year. I think Klopp and his players if they had the choice would gladly have swapped Champions league football for one individual result and would have a right good chance of winning the Champions league this season as the main challengers look to be the two main challengers in the Premier league also.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gawa316

Hindsight is a great thing and all but being in the Europa this year I think has actually benefitted us. The likes of Quansah, Kelleher, Gomez, Gravenberch, Gakpo, Tsimikas, Elliott etc have all got a lot of gametime because of it and they have been ready to step up when needed

quit yo jibbajabba

Agreed gawa. Plus there could well have been even more injuries playing in the tougher competition. I know it sounds silly to some but I'll stick with the 7 0 and Europa 😋🤓

Blowitupref

Tottenham 4-0 winners away to Aston Vila if they win their match in hand they will go 4th in the table.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

nrico2006

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 05, 2024, 04:12:14 PM

That's sport alright. Liverpool finished 5th and Man United 3rd after that match last year. I think Klopp and his players if they had the choice would gladly have swapped Champions league football for one individual result and would have a right good chance of winning the Champions league this season as the main challengers look to be the two main challengers in the Premier league also.

Arsenal?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Blowitupref

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 10, 2024, 04:28:31 PM

Arsenal?

Not for me. Even if they overcome Porto I can see a few teams knocking them out

nrico2006

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 10, 2024, 07:56:09 PM

Arsenal?

Who are the 2 main challengers in the PL that are the main challengers for the CL?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Song is some player. Three assists and a goal. I dunno what mcginn was at for his red card. Haven't seen that crude a tackle in a long time.

Hound

Despite the stats, I thought Son wasn't all that hot today. I think he's much better wide than through the centre. But his workrate and desire is second to none.

I think Arsenal have a great chance in the CL. Nobody they should be afraid of, but need to be streetwise (which they probably aren't in a European context, but you can learn it )

Blowitupref

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 10, 2024, 08:28:27 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 10, 2024, 07:56:09 PM

Arsenal?

Who are the 2 main challengers in the PL that are the main challengers for the CL?

Liverpool and Man City who expect to finish 1st and 2nd in the PL.  I think main team that could have stopped Man City from retaining the CL could have been Liverpool but of course find themselves in the Europa League instead.