The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

gawa316

Did I read somewhere since BFS took over he Everton sitting 6th? Hardly be getting rid of him
If true

manfromdelmonte

He'll be gone and probably Silva in

Brands in as director of football too more than likely

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

manfromdelmonte

Insane Bolt

michaelg

Everton fans are as delusional as Newcastle United fans.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: michaelg on May 15, 2018, 10:02:04 PM
As in, we dislike our near neighbours?

michaelg

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 15, 2018, 10:09:46 PM
explain how??
Top Ten finish and widespread calls from fans for Sam Allardyce to go.  Decent league position for squad they have.  Don't subscibe to the view that a team, be that Everton, West Ham, Man U etc, have to play a certain way.  It's a results based industry and Allardyce's results were decent.

SHEEDY

Quote from: michaelg on May 15, 2018, 10:31:29 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on May 15, 2018, 10:09:46 PM
explain how??
Top Ten finish and widespread calls from fans for Sam Allardyce to go.  Decent league position for squad they have.  Don't subscibe to the view that a team, be that Everton, West Ham, Man U etc, have to play a certain way.  It's a results based industry and Allardyce's results were decent.
seriously? What results were decent? The performances definitely weren't. Big sam served up some of the biggest dross ever witnessed at goodison. 3 games this season at home we didnt have one shot on target. His totally negative approach was a real turn off with the fans and he done nothing to try to win over the fans who didnt want him in the 1st place.
Everton fans crave success and want to be challenging the top 6 and competing for cups and playing in europe. Big sam isnt and never will be the man for that.
nil satis nisi optimum

manfromdelmonte

exactly
Everton have more league titles than City or Spurs put together
they've been in the top tier longer than any other club
the club deserves better than an embarrassment like BFS

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 16, 2018, 08:10:59 AM
exactly

And they call us delusional  ;D

johnnycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 16, 2018, 08:10:59 AM
exactly

A bit dewey eyed alright, but due to mismanagment for decades Everton have fallen off the title chasing radar.

IMO Bill Kenwright steadied a sinking ship but doesn't have the resources to compete. This Morshiri lad is talking the talk but we'll see how far he digs into his own pockets this summer as any money spunked last summer was more or less the Lukaka cash sucked out of Utd.

But Big Sam is certainly not the answer.

I can understand parking the bus when Man City are in town, but he parked it with West Brom lining out against you then there's an issue. That's not tactical nous, that's being set in your ways and unbearably hard to watch.
He got lucky with injuries clearing up for Coleman and Baines and that made a difference, nothing training ground related by the looks of it.

I'd prefer Eddie Howe than any of the others.

AZOffaly

Have Everton really been mismanaged though (financially I mean) or are they just another victim of not having pockets as deep as the Sheiks, Oligarchs and Rick Yanks? I know how hard Liverpool find it to compete on the wages front, and apart from the odd big deal, on the transfer front. And, no offence intended, Liverpool are a bigger name worldwide than Everton.

I always thought Everton (post 80s) were a well run club, who should be competing for Cups, but didn't have the financial clout to be chasing leagues any more. They should be chasing Europa League at least every year, and Champions League every now and then.

Is there bad management of the club behind the scenes? Aren't they getting a new ground in Liverpool Docks?