A5 WTC (New Road from Aughnacloy to Derry)

Started by Hereiam, June 08, 2009, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Quote from: seafoid on March 06, 2024, 02:19:36 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 06, 2024, 02:10:38 PM
Quote from: WeeDonns on March 06, 2024, 01:03:00 PMIt has probably been answered on here before – but what was the reasoning that it couldn't go ahead in 3 separate sections?

I doubt if it could be properly answered, there was never any need to do it all in one go. Roads all over the country were improved in sections.
The problem was that the Irish government promised money and then got hit by the crash . The North doesn't have the budget for this project. Things then got held up in the courts. Then Stormont collapsed. You couldn't make it up. And people are still dying

There has been a concentrated effort by one section of the community to make sure this road is never built.

trailer

Quote from: Hereiam on March 06, 2024, 02:48:44 PM
Quote from: WeeDonns on March 06, 2024, 01:03:00 PMIt has probably been answered on here before – but what was the reasoning that it couldn't go ahead in 3 separate sections?

I doubt if it could be properly answered, there was never any need to do it all in one go. Roads all over the country were improved in sections.
The problem was that the Irish government promised money and then got hit by the crash . The North doesn't have the budget for this project. Things then got held up in the courts. Then Stormont collapsed. You couldn't make it up. And people are still dying

There has been a concentrated effort by one section of the community to make sure this road is never built.

Fenian road in Orange land. That's how they see it.

Armagh18

Awful. There is blood on the hands of a lot of people for not having this built. RIP, another family hit by tragedy.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: trailer on March 06, 2024, 02:52:13 PM

I just find that completely mental. Surely compulsory purchase orders can be used in this scenario. This is what your land is worth. End of conversation!

quit yo jibbajabba

Not sure bbc needed to show the mans car being towed away....

trailer

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 06, 2024, 05:08:33 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 06, 2024, 02:52:13 PM

I just find that completely mental. Surely compulsory purchase orders can be used in this scenario. This is what your land is worth. End of conversation!

Well compulsory orders will be used. But the AA5A just cannot delay and bog it down in legal challenges ad infinitum.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 06, 2024, 01:41:37 PMIn these situations it never does harm to wait agreed

I hadn't meant to come across as insensitive. Our own family have been directly impacted by A5 and I apologise how it came across, I'll delete original post.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on March 06, 2024, 11:08:00 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 06, 2024, 01:41:37 PMIn these situations it never does harm to wait agreed

I hadn't meant to come across as insensitive. Our own family have been directly impacted by A5 and I apologise how it came across, I'll delete original post.

Ah no need to apologize I meant in general when these things happen. Sorry for your loss