Previous topic - Next topic

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on October 16, 2017, 07:50:19 PM
Three people died, lads.

Correct but it doesn't seem to matter here about respect a lot of the time

longballin

Three people died, lads.

I thought same... and the 'jokes' doing the rounds on social media seem very disrespectful

laoislad

Bad enough in Dublin atm. Probably the worst its been all day here.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Three people died, lads.

If people were making jokes about the people dying then yes you'd be right...

I haven't heard one joke about it to be fair

If you look hard enough to be offended you will
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

longballin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2017, 08:21:17 PM
Three people died, lads.

is loads a jokes and skits about the effects of the storms... dont have to look that hard... check Rorys Stories on Facebook for a start... dozens of them... but ah sure its great aul craic...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: longballin on October 16, 2017, 08:23:36 PM
Three people died, lads.

is loads a jokes and skits about the effects of the storms... dont have to look that hard... check Rorys Stories on Facebook for a start... dozens of them

So was Rory making jokes about the people dying?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

longballin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2017, 08:26:06 PM
Three people died, lads.

is loads a jokes and skits about the effects of the storms... dont have to look that hard... check Rorys Stories on Facebook for a start... dozens of them

about the effects of the storm, people died duh!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: longballin on October 16, 2017, 08:27:51 PM
Three people died, lads.

Be hard job to be a comedian nowadays I'd say

longballin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2017, 08:33:15 PM
Quote from: longballin on October 16, 2017, 08:27:51 PM
Three people died, lads.

Be hard job to be a comedian nowadays I'd say

I suppose different people have different sense of humour...

Milltown Row2

Yeah if he or anyone made jokes about someone dying then yes... but if I say I've hurled in worse (as up here it's not that bad) then it's in poor taste? Wise up

screenexile

Quote from: hardstation on October 16, 2017, 08:35:08 PM
Feck sake. People will comment on the effects of the storm, near them. Schools have been closed for two days here. IMO, the weather hasn't been that bad here so far and there has been a major over reaction.

I appreciate that the storm has been much worse in other parts of Ireland and sadly people have died due to its effects.

Not that the jokes bother me so much but it's a hurricane, hitting the country, that we can't predict... 3 people have died and you think there's been an over reaction??

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on October 16, 2017, 09:13:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 16, 2017, 08:35:08 PM
Feck sake. People will comment on the effects of the storm, near them. Schools have been closed for two days here. IMO, the weather hasn't been that bad here so far and there has been a major over reaction.

I appreciate that the storm has been much worse in other parts of Ireland and sadly people have died due to its effects.

Not that the jokes bother me so much but it's a hurricane, hitting the country, that we can't predict... 3 people have died and you think there's been an over reaction??

I can only imagine the queue of eejits lining up to complain if we'd underreacted to a forecastable event and a few dozen had died.

ONeill

I think they didn't really know for sure its exact path and strength. Best to fear the worst.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magpie seanie

This morning the US Agency that monitors hurricanes and tropical storms said Galway, Mayo, Sligo and Donegal would get the worst of the storm. The eye of the storm tracked over those counties or close to them but the worst of the winds were to the south and east of the eye due to the anticlockwise rotation of the storm and the fact that wind speed dissipates over land. Now if the experts made an error this morning it shows the unpredictability of these storms. 3 people died.....can you imagine if schools, businesses were open and people were going about their everyday activities what might have happened? Especially given that the information early this morning turned out to be inaccurate?

You don't mess with the weather and if theres a side to err on, let it be overreaction. I was very worried all weekend that we were too blasé about the whole thing. Eventually we got there with  common sense decision at the 11th hour.

Closing all schools tomorrow is overkill I feel. Should have been left up to local BOM's/principals to decide.

Orchard park

Some arseholes here will justify their lack of empathy no matter what, or claim it's comedy

One would think it's a bigger issue schools are closed than 3 families lost their loved ones by reading posts here