Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyCake on August 05, 2017, 12:07:44 AM
Mugsy kicking M O Rourke in the shins
Mugsy hitting Hearty in face with water bottle
Mugsy constantly thumping at Francie
Hughes clotheslining Paddy McKeever
O Neill late tackle ends Toal's career

Wasnt he back the year after playing ringaringarosies with Paul Galvin?....On a serious note wasnt he lucky he didnt loose the leg?

omaghjoe

Lets not forget about Block dummy on Hearty for his goal in 09 game in Clones.

SON scored a cracker in that one too

omochain

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 05, 2017, 03:36:35 AM

Wasnt he back the year after playing ringaringarosies with Paul Galvin?....On a serious note wasnt he lucky he didnt loose the leg?

That's one of the meanest, ill spirited quips I have seen here. I thought we were better than that😇.
Ending a young man's career/dreams is not something to trivialize.

vallankumous

Quote from: ONeill on August 04, 2017, 10:14:54 PM
Memories of the 00s:

Mugsy's goal after a few seconds in 01
Thornton's miss in 02
Block in 03
McGuigan v McGeeney in 03
Stevie's points in 03
Stevie tearing Bellew a new one in 05
McDonnell a goal hungry hoor 05
McGrane 05
Replay shenanigans 05
McGeeney pointing 05
SF 05
Probably the best game to attend, yet took days off our lives.
McDonnell again the hoor.
Bad substitution.
Mugsy didn't really want to take it.

I was chatting John Devine. He wan't impressed at all. Said he had it covered and Gorrmley stole his moment being the selfish Carmen b**tard he is.

rrhf

Nail Clarke early on and we have half the job done.

RedHand88

Quote from: Whishtup on August 05, 2017, 01:30:44 AM
2005 sf the best game i was at. That day i was moving to limerick to move in with my now wife.  She says that she seriously had second thoughts that day as i screamed, drooled and cried my way through that match.  My main memories of that game-Cavanagh's galloping runs, the point, the graciousness of armagh fans in defeat, some tyrone lads singing, "you can shove your Ulster title up your ****", moving to Limerick.

And the pitch invasion. I remember packie being lifted up on shoulders and the crowd going "We want Sam, We want Sam"

RedHand88

Quote from: WT4E on August 05, 2017, 12:23:51 AM
Just watched the 2005 Ulster final replay highlights forgot how bad the Michael Collins was.

Was there a worse refereeing performance at the level before or since.

Did he get any games after that?

He had a terrible day. Completely lost control of it. Was certainly around for a few years after that doing provincial games. Don't know if he got anymore big fixtures.

BennyHarp

Safe travels to everyone today. Banter aside, I hope we get a game that confirms Ulster as the best footballing province. Prediction - Tyrone 2-19 Armagh 0-8
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Cloudy but dry start to the day in Dublin, and safe travels you all, and here's to a memorable footballing day: Tyrone 2-15, Armagh 1-09 ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omaghjoe

Quote from: omochain on August 05, 2017, 05:10:38 AM

That's one of the meanest, ill spirited quips I have seen here. I thought we were better than that😇.
Ending a young man's career/dreams is not something to trivialize.

Steady on it wasnt a quip I read somewhere it was only skin and blood vessels holding his leg on. But he was back the next year for that little dance with Galvin so I was wondering did he get any game time or did the injury ultimately prove to severe to come back?

Orior

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 05, 2017, 02:19:36 AM
Quote from: Orior on August 04, 2017, 11:10:02 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 04, 2017, 10:52:29 PM
I remember Marsden boxing Jordan up the jaw.

Yeap, that's what happened, lol.

Marsden was out here coaching a few years back and he had a few jars in him and he said to me and I quote

QuoteI boxed that Jordan fella upside the jaw. I didn't think either umpires saw it. 

Worse than that, Mr Jordan never apologised to Diarmuid.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

rrhf

Yes in marsdens defence I never had him as a dirty player, it was out of character too and thank God it had no bearing on the result and with medical help Jordan was fit to continue.
On another note Just left a cafe there in portadown mc Geeney was watching a video of Tyrone Meath 1996. Wasn't there a few UFC moves in that game.
Anyway to the red hand army and the orangemen and the others. Safe travel and here's to a Tyrone Monaghan aisf

Orior

Fair play to those Tyrone men who are heading to the Gay Pride parade before driving to Dublin. You know who you are!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tonto1888

We win today. Monaghan win. Roscommon beat Mayo and then Kerry. We beat Monaghan. That's the final everyone wants to see.

In seriousness. Safe travels to everyone. Hoping for a good game and we aren't talking about refs afterwards. 99% sure Tyrone have too much for us and hoping we give a good account of ourselves. Something to build on for next year and beyond

stew

He was indeed lucky to keep the leg however there was no one to blame regarding the accident, complete fluke.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.