After Death

Started by ONeill, March 31, 2016, 09:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Borrowing Gay's Meaning of Life phrase - what do you think happens after we die?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Undertaker gets notified,as does Irish News,wake,funeral and tae and sandwiches in GAA club

mrdeeds

Lights out. Simple as.

From the Bunker

We go into an eternal darkness!

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) offers a pragmatic reason for believing in God: even under the assumption that God's existence is unlikely, the potential benefits of believing are so vast as to make betting on theism rational.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on March 31, 2016, 09:51:31 PM
Borrowing Gay's Meaning of Life phrase - what do you think happens after we die?

For me I'd love it be a follow on from the life we lived when we were at our most happiest..... But that's just horseshit, it's lights out and that's that!! So enjoy what you have and have no regrets
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 31, 2016, 10:02:49 PM
We go into an eternal darkness!

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) offers a pragmatic reason for believing in God: even under the assumption that God's existence is unlikely, the potential benefits of believing are so vast as to make betting on theism rational.

It's a handy bet for those who believe.

If only belief were a choice...

armaghniac

Two 90 year old men, TOM and PAT have been friends all their lives.It became clear Pat was dying,and Tom visited him every day.One day Tom says,"Pat we both loved hurling all our lives and we played together all our lives for many years right up from under 12.Please do me one favour,When you get to heaven,somehow you must let me know if Hurling is played up there".Pat looks up at Tom from his deathbed,"Tom you`ve been my best friend for many tears .If it is at all possible,I`ll do this favour for you."

Shortly after that,Pat passes on. At midnight a couple of nights later,Tom is awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of light and a voice calling out to him,"Tom!Tom!"."Who is it ?" asks Tom sitting up suddenly. "Who Is it?""Tom it is me Pat.""You are not Pat, Pat has just died.""I`m telling you it is me Pat," insists voice."Pat!Where are you ?""In Heaven"replies Pat. "I have some really good news and a little bit of bad news.""Tell me the good news first," says Tom.

"The good news ," says Pat, "is that there is Hurling in Heaven. Better still all our old buddies who died before us are here, too. Better than that,we`re all young again. Better still,it`s always springtime and it never rains or snows,so there is no need for a defunct refixtures commitee to mess things up.and best of all,we can play all the hurling we want and we never get tired or injured......"

"That's fantastic," says Tom."it is beyond my wildest dreams!So what could possibly be the bad news?"

"You're playing corner forward Tuesday night!"
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

What about the true story of a man crucified on the cross who rose again on the third day?

ONeill

Rossfan

Our spirit (soul) goes to the Light.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on March 31, 2016, 10:25:46 PM
What about the true story of a man crucified on the cross who rose again on the third day?

And this time of year too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Quote from: Rossfan on March 31, 2016, 10:27:26 PM
Our spirit (soul) goes to the Light.

Does yer dog's spirit too?

T Fearon

No other story has claimed so many followers over 2000 years on,all the same

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on March 31, 2016, 10:32:20 PM
No other story has claimed so many followers over 2000 years on,all the same

2000 years was a decent innings. 200'000 years of humans on the planet. 2000 is good.

theskull1

From twitter  ;D

Jesus H Christ ‏@ThatBloke_Jesus  Mar 27
Just walked in the pub and all the guys were like "No way"
And I was like "Yahweh"
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera