Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on November 19, 2021, 04:57:02 PM
Quote from: WT4E on November 19, 2021, 01:23:38 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 18, 2021, 04:56:21 PM
Quote from: Ancharraig123 on November 17, 2021, 05:14:37 PM
Moortown are a good young side however I think division 1 next year will be too much for them
The year in Senior will stand to them in 1B in 2023. The same will go with all the teams that go down from Senior rather than the 6 that will come up from Intermediate.

I'd say the biggest benefit for Moortown going up will be keeps them away from an intermediate relegation fight next year in what will be an absolute dogfight with the teams coming down and up. Be a long year for Moortown next year.
With the restructure there will be no relegation in Intermediate next year. Just the bottom 10 being joined by the Junior League and Championship winners.

What makes you think that there's going to be a restructure?

Ty4Sam

As far as I know the restructure has been scrapped due to the split season starting in next year or so

WT4E

Take_her_back_ref

Quote from: WT4E on November 20, 2021, 04:22:17 PM
Cookstown...

Discuss

Didn't see the match today so can't really comment on that, but I've seen Sean McDermotts play a few times and always thought they were decent enough. I wouldn't have been expecting Cookstown to come out on top there today.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Take_her_back_ref on November 20, 2021, 04:33:59 PM
Cookstown...

Discuss

Didn't see the match today so can't really comment on that, but I've seen Sean McDermotts play a few times and always thought they were decent enough. I wouldn't have been expecting Cookstown to come out on top there today.

They will do well to stay in intermediate next year. Straight back to junior football for Cookstown.
Living the dream!!!

NotedObserver

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 20, 2021, 06:31:43 PM
Quote from: Take_her_back_ref on November 20, 2021, 04:33:59 PM
Cookstown...

Discuss

Anyone watch todays game? Any thoughts?

They will do well to stay in intermediate next year. Straight back to junior football for Cookstown.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Ty4Sam on November 20, 2021, 03:29:34 PM
As far as I know the restructure has been scrapped due to the split season starting in next year or so
Tyrones in bad need of the restructure. There's a lot of teams that need 1B and from a competitive point of view it's needed.

clarshack

Cookstown...

Discuss

Was only £8 to watch them streamed in Ulster (if you were to buy it) compared to £13 the last day in Tyrone.

sam03/05

Cookstown...

Discuss

They appear to be getting their act together at underage level
Most of their teams have been playing Grade 1 for a while now and I see they often have a second team entering grade 3. They also have players back playing County minor as well which they had a long tradition of producing.
I'd say they will be back in top flight at some stage in the next few years.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: sam03/05 on November 21, 2021, 11:13:41 AM
Cookstown...

Discuss

They appear to be getting their act together at underage level
Most of their teams have been playing Grade 1 for a while now and I see they often have a second team entering grade 3. They also have players back playing County minor as well which they had a long tradition of producing.
I'd say they will be back in top flight at some stage in the next few years.

None of the town teams should be playing in Junior football, it's a complete club failure that they are playing that level. Dungannon went through it for yours and have sorted themselves. Omagh are in a good place. Cookstown/Strabane need to get themselves sorted. No reason why they shouldn't be at the top table.
Living the dream!!!

RedHand88

Tyrone Gaa

Seeing the results come in.

Clonoe gifted their near neighbours 2 points help them stay in Division 1.

Derrylaughan have played themselves into the picture losing to Galbally.

Eglish did what they needed to do and win. Piling pressure on Derrylaughan.

Carrickmore create a 3pt gap at the top, looking strong for the league title.
Living the dream!!!

skeog

Omagh Ardboe was a friendly kickabout.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: skeog on November 21, 2021, 05:11:53 PM
Omagh Ardboe was a friendly kickabout.

Feet up, gonna happen in those mid table clashes just fulfilling fixtures. To be playing this stage of the year is not great but with nothing to play for almost makes it senseless
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone95

Hopefully all 10,000 of our travelling neighbours got home safely today. Huge crowds in attendance in what was a bit of an anti climax in terms of a spectacle and certainly not what neutrals had hoped to see.... Still 2 vital points on the board and leaves us needing only 2 wins from 3 to potentially win the league. Nice position to be in come this time of year