Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sensethetone

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 23, 2019, 11:45:12 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 22, 2019, 09:54:03 AM
Any teams getting new management next season?

Word on the street is Malachy O'Rourke has been looking into a few Tyrone clubs apparent so i have been informed

Drumragh worth watching now. lol.

GetOverTheBar

Word on the street is Malachy O'Rourke has been looking into a few Tyrone clubs apparent so i have been informed

You'd be looking at about 4 max for him.

Dromore, Errigal, Coalisland, Clonoe.

None of the rest make sense / already look to be secure with management. I don't know what the management situation is like with the above teams.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 23, 2019, 12:05:51 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 23, 2019, 11:59:35 AM

None of the rest make sense / already look to be secure with management. I don't know what the management situation is like with the above teams.

Dromore need a change certainly - who would want them is the question. Another club man i suspect it will be.
Errigal need a change, although shortly they wont need a manager when Canavan hits his peak.
Coalisland be safe enough with what they have.
Clonoe will is a hard one to call, id imagine theyll stick with what they have
Possibly a few more teams needing managers too, Edendork id imagine, Killyclogher? Omagh? Dungannon? Donaghmore? Eglish? All being mentioned as well. Obviously not in line with O'Rourke though

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 23, 2019, 12:24:59 PM

Dromore need a change certainly - who would want them is the question. Another club man i suspect it will be.
Errigal need a change, although shortly they wont need a manager when Canavan hits his peak.
Possibly a few more teams needing managers too, Edendork id imagine, Killyclogher? Omagh? Dungannon? Donaghmore? Eglish? All being mentioned as well. Obviously not in line with O'Rourke though

Ah yeah but can't see any of those having the funds to land O'Rourke. Maybe Omagh I suppose but again, know nothing of their management situation. Donaghmore wouldn't be a poor club but I doubt they would interest O'Rourke....it's all talk sake I suppose.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 23, 2019, 12:26:32 PM

Ah yeah but can't see any of those having the funds to land O'Rourke. Maybe Omagh I suppose but again, know nothing of their management situation. Donaghmore wouldn't be a poor club but I doubt they would interest O'Rourke....it's all talk sake I suppose.

O'Rourke to Eglish has a certain ring to it. Like Kevin Keegan going to Fulham in 1998.

Jim Bob

O rourke is married to an 'Island gal

Pearse Blue

Im not connecting any of them with O'Rourke, although if he took success to any of them teams he would be some man for one man

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 23, 2019, 12:59:50 PM

Killyclogher and Edendork are ones which jump out at me. Eglish too possibly.
Jump out at you for what? Needing managers or interesting O'Rourke

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 23, 2019, 01:03:57 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 23, 2019, 01:01:09 PM

Will need new managers come next season. Whether it is O'Rourke that will take them i dont know, probably not in hindsight
How much are managers being paid at the minute? What would a man like O'Rourke get from a club? What do managers get for the year generally?

TROUSERS

Ardboe

Pearse Blue

Quote from: TROUSERS on October 23, 2019, 01:13:56 PM

Ardboe
Horse not staying?

Aaron Boone

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 23, 2019, 01:01:55 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 23, 2019, 12:26:32 PM

Donaghmore going to be a real powerhouse in Tyrone club football in a couple of years.
Possibly then O'Rourke will look into them with real interest.

100 years in 2027 since they won the O'Neill Cup.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 23, 2019, 01:06:39 PM

Will need new managers come next season. Whether it is O'Rourke that will take them i dont know, probably not in hindsight
How much are managers being paid at the minute? What would a man like O'Rourke get from a club? What do managers get for the year generally?

Interesting topic, how many of the Div 1 teams would actually even be paying, I know none of the top 5 managers are getting paid as all are club men.
then quickly looking down the table Carmen inside man prob not getting paid, Donaghmore albeit he's now stepped down but wasn't getting paid, Anyone else??

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 24, 2019, 08:46:18 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 23, 2019, 01:06:39 PM

Interesting topic, how many of the Div 1 teams would actually even be paying, I know none of the top 5 managers are getting paid as all are club men.
then quickly looking down the table Carmen inside man prob not getting paid, Donaghmore albeit he's now stepped down but wasn't getting paid, Anyone else??
The top 7 as the league currently stands actually all have club men in charge. Barton with Edendork will be paid, McCabe with omagh, Killycogher paying a man with Carlin 2nd string, Derrylaughin were paying Mckinless a fortune then he got the road, and I think eglish are paying some man from ardbo? Could be wrong on that one 

BIGONE

9 of the 16 teams in div 1 would be paying managers.
Dungannon
killyclogher
Donaghmore
Omagh
Moy
Derrylaughan
Edendork
Eglish
Tattyreagh