Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

I dont want to get in with a big thing with you as it really doesnt matter, I'm just baffled how you can say this:

QuoteHow can these lads play for a club that has been formed for all the wrong reasons?
How can you have any sense of pride in the jersey given the circumstances?

when you've no idea what the reasons were.  Maybe he has a legimiate reason for falling out with the club? You don't know. 
I'll hold off making judgement on this new club until I hear what's gone on among them and the reasons for it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 15, 2009, 10:08:01 PM
I dont want to get in with a big thing with you as it really doesnt matter, I'm just baffled how you can say this:

QuoteHow can these lads play for a club that has been formed for all the wrong reasons?

when you've no idea what the reasons were.  Maybe he has a legimiate reason for falling out with the club? You don't know. 
I'll hold off making judgement on this new club until I hear what's gone on among them and the reasons for it.

I am not disputing he had a legitimate reason to fallout with the club. What I do feel is that it is not within the spirit of the GAA to go and form another club because of it. Ask the Ballygawley folk. For the record I have heard some reasons as to why there was a fallout and on which I base my opinion, but they are from unreliable sources such as hearsay and internet forums

pintsofguinness

What were the reasons for the fall out then?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 15, 2009, 10:15:54 PM
What were the reasons for the fall out then?

Since they are rumours...

Something to do with the Killeavy IIs team (not the Bs), also to do with players playing for soccer clubs being banned from playing senior football.

pintsofguinness

So where does Morgan come in to it then?

fitzroyalty

Don't know. Ask someone from Killeavy

Goats Do Shave

QuoteAsk the Ballygawley folk

Or even the Glencull folk.

Pints you on the blob again?

anportmorforjfc

When are the championship draws?

Off The Fence

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 16, 2009, 09:27:20 AM
When are the championship draws?

Take a look about 2 pages back and you'll get your answer!

full back

anportmorforjfc

Easy wins in senior and minor.  :D

yellowcard

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 15, 2009, 08:29:51 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 15, 2009, 08:26:51 PM
Quote from: Bitta-Banter on January 15, 2009, 07:34:59 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 15, 2009, 02:48:01 PM
How can these lads play for a club that has been formed for all the wrong reasons?
Sorry ive missed this.What are the circumstances that this club have been formed?

Not sure of the exact details but an apparent fall out at Killeavy has led to this club being formed in a neighbouring parish
But you dont know what the fall out reasons are fitz? Or what the circumstances are?
So how can you say what you did?

For all the talk on this club Ive yet to hear of the reasons, maybe they are the wrong reasons maybe they're not but if you dont know how can you make such a statement?

Take it as given that this club has little or no support within the Killeavy club. It is a one man crusade to cause conflict and upheavel. However whilst the playing numbers in this
part of the parish might be small, the ability of this man to lobby and pounce on opportunities shouldn't be underestimated. There may be no immediately obvious damage to the
killeavy club but only time will tell if damage is done.

As for having no underage set-up the numbers wouldn't be high enough to enable this club to field at underage level.

full back

Who got the Clans job last night?

corn02

Anyone for Breffni? Wasn't going to bother, but there are a good few Dromintee men starting so might head up.

Aghdavoyle

Since noone seems to know the ins and outs of the fal out in killeavy....

a few years ago the newly elected chairman began an overhaul of what is arguably a sleeping gant of armagh football. he began changing various things in the club and bringing new people in. happy days says everyone. a few months down the line and executive meetings began turning into announcements of policy and decisions already made. committee members soon lose their patience in not having any say in club affairs and the club turning into a de facto dictatorship. there were stormy meetings and talk of votes of no confidence, etc. as people looked control of their club back.

one of the proclaimations announced was that any player who is concurrently playing soccer (half the killeavy senior tea at the time played soccer for killeavy united or shanro on a sat) would not be allowed to play for the club. those players walked out and the rest were not happy bunnies. the chairman was soon told where to syick his new policy and the soccer lads returned and through the jigs and the reels and the build of of constant conflict in the club the chairman quit. he soon declared he would be starting his own toytown in killeen.

All very strange for a man who never went to a county game til about ten years ago, a club game til well after that and openly dreided people who did for most of his life.