Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

1-12 to 1-8 joe quigley just got a goal

Armagh Exile

Any other club results in Armagh today?

The GAA

Quote from: puskas on October 05, 2008, 03:37:38 PM
Ogs beat Killeavy by 2. sounded like a good game. ogs squandered about 4 goal chances. mckinney made 2 terrific saves. killeavy hit the post in the last minute.

damien mccullagh is a hilarious commentator. in a good way.

No, in a very bad way. i used think he was just the village idiot but now i get angry when i listen to that crap and realise what a great resource local match commentaries could be for people if this idiot wasn't ruining it

charlie stubbs

cruppen beat tones 0-11 to 0-8 terrible game should have stayed in bed!!cruppen looked like a team that didnt want to go up.their mf kelly was sent off for striking in the first half.  we only had 18 players at the game norm have around 25 a few boys "sick" suppose that what you get when have nothing play for.  we have an excellent defence but our forwards are clean scrap

whitecross beat keady 4-15 1-6 or something suppose that confirms their relegation and portadown beat clann eireann

i would fear bigtime for the two teams going up to the 1st weather be ortadown/cruppen sarsfields from what i have saw this year.thought sarsfields where the best outta 3 but was men against boys against cullyhanna last week and they dont have much of a squad and where very fortunate with injuries

ogs kileavey game was quite scrappy i thought.anytime ogs got ball to clarke he was  a danger.stevy operated at mf for most of the game missed a great goal chance 1 on 1 with mckinney about ten mins into 2nd half with ogs 2 up.

jj clarke showed well when came on got couple good scores

cross game thought was over when they got a dubious penalty.defender appeared to be fouled in square lost possession and pen was awarded.it was saved by mcsorley but t kernan scored rebound after missing initial effort.  harps awared a pen after 20 mins kevin kelly missed it, he wont sleep welll tonight had a mare.scored around 1 free from 5/6 includig a relatively esy 1 with 4 in it in 2nd half.  

vernon,swift and richards dominated middle in 2nd half.swift always impresses me in half forward line when see him play scored couple great points would like see him get more gametime in league next year.  

BenDover

heard there was a bit of controversy at the end of the Harps game (app the harps were robbed!!!) anyone care to elaborate? wasn't at the match myself

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: BenDover on October 05, 2008, 06:49:25 PM
heard there was a bit of controversy at the end of the Harps game (app the harps were robbed!!!) anyone care to elaborate? wasn't at the match myself

Joe Quigley had a 14 yard free - it was goal or nothing. Joe hit the shot, it deflected off a defender and over the line. I'm not sure, but the deflection may be the key here, as the ref blew for full time before the ball had crossed but after Joe had shot.

Orior

That was grossly unfair. A replay should be called for.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Orior on October 05, 2008, 06:57:39 PM

If you're serious, then no way - final whistle has gone and it's done!

If you're taking the mick, then piss off Orior!    ;D

pintsofguinness

Just goes to show how poor clanns where/are.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bennydorano

Final score was 1-13 to 1-10.  Firstly congrats to Cross who are simply a better alround team, but Harps can be very proud of their performance, especially in the second half and only for some wayward shooting in the first half we would have been in with a real shout.  

I felt Cross tried to win this game in third gear, it nearly came back to bite them in the ass as we thought we'd scored a goal with the last kick of the game - defintely debatable, most people I spoke to thought it was over the line, I wasn't so sure myself but even so a Cross defender lifted the ball clean off the ground in the ensuing panic and it should have been another penalty at the very least.

The injury of Philly McKinney in training on Friday night was a cruel blow for us, the run of luck we've had with injuries lately has been deadly, today we also had Vernon and Kevin Kelly playing when nowhere near 100% fit.  It didn't look good for us at half time when we were going in 1-7 to 0-3 behind, but we outscored Cross 1-6 to 5 points in the second half with some glorious points from play from Nippy(2), Joe Quigley, Sean Morrison and Kevin Kelly.  

I cant let the Ref's performance pass without comment, I can never recall a game where so many neutrals were saying that the ref gave us absolutely nothing.  We certainly didn't help ourselves in the first half with some bad decision making in defence but Cross's first 1-5 were a penalty and 5 frees and he never let up.

Cross undoubtedly have more gears to go up into but after watching today I'd have to say Cross could be there for the taking by the Ogs (if they find a MF), there are weaklinks in the Cross team- mainly in defence, although they do have serious talent to come back in for the final.  I thought Bellew was cleaned out today, I dont recall him winning one ball of either Kevin Kelly (who got 0-2 from play of him) or Sean Morrison, he also should have been red carded for a straight punch at Kelly.   JD looked good going forward for Cross but Nippy got at least 0-2 (maybe 3) of him and was one contender for our MOTM.  Joe quigley also scored 1-2 from play of the CB Carragher??

Ultimately a very dissappointing outcome but a lot of positives to take into next year - f**king unbelieavable that we got relegated ???

puskas

Quote from: The GAA on October 05, 2008, 06:26:34 PM
Quote from: puskas on October 05, 2008, 03:37:38 PM
Ogs beat Killeavy by 2. sounded like a good game. ogs squandered about 4 goal chances. mckinney made 2 terrific saves. killeavy hit the post in the last minute.

damien mccullagh is a hilarious commentator. in a good way.

No, in a very bad way. i used think he was just the village idiot but now i get angry when i listen to that crap and realise what a great resource local match commentaries could be for people if this idiot wasn't ruining it

i honestly didn't think he was that bad, granted it was the first time i'd heard his commentary. Maybe because his reputation precedes him and i was expecting a lot worse. or maybe i'm just in the 'go easy on him, he's just the village idiot' phase, he was pretty funny though, with lads in the press box telling him what the score is and who the sub was, then again he was saying the programme print was so small u'd need a magnifying glass to read it and the scoeboard was hard to read in the sunlight. his enthusiasm is hard to beat though and he makes the play sound exciting. he seemed to get most of the calls right too. let me put this way, i'd have him over ger canning and marty morrissey any day but that's not saying much I suppose.

crossfire

Harps were a bit unlucky not to get a draw which they deserved on their second half display.
I thought our penalty award should have been a free out to harps but overall he evened it out with a few decisions against us in the second half which led to scores for harps including their goal. ( John Mac clearly got a push in the back which carried him over the sideline and the harps goal came from the resultant line ball.)
Harps were unlucky to get relegated and no doubt will be straight back up.

Orior

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on October 05, 2008, 07:03:34 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 05, 2008, 06:57:39 PM

If you're serious, then no way - final whistle has gone and it's done!

If you're taking the mick, then piss off Orior!    ;D

Everybody knows that Hearty cant get in the way of anything!  
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bud

how'd cross lineout?
See Tony K hit the peno, was there no Oisin?

armaghniac

The half time score flattered Cross, but they were well ahead on the scoreboard and they didn't quite press on in the second half. Harps gave them more food for thought than Dromintee or Clans. From my perspective the ball did not cross the line from the final 14m free, but it was only a few mm away. In the incident between Francie and Kelly, I think Kelly hooked Francie's arm, Francie threw the elbow back to free himself and Kelly fell like a Tyrone man. 

Who was scrapping after the final whistle as the teams went back to the tunnel?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B