Greatest "line" in football

Started by southdown, November 25, 2011, 01:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 12, 2011, 02:19:57 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on December 02, 2011, 12:42:18 PM
Quote from: rrhf on December 01, 2011, 06:46:20 AM
That Kerry forward line has it in terms of everything.

They weren't up against much.

yeah...Meath in '86 being a prime example.

Ye got lucky that day.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Leo

C J Haughey , R A Burke, P  EE Flynn
Priceless
Fierce tame altogether

fearglasmor

Dont know about Charlie, but his brother "Jock" was supposed to be handy. Won an all ireland with Dublin in 1958.

redhandloo

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on December 04, 2011, 09:22:07 PM
James McCartan    Ross Carr    Greg Blaney....Two All Irelands !!!
McCartan played in the corner in 91
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

southdown

91 half forward line was carr blaney mason

94 was carr blaney mc cartan

heganboy

this is a great topic

love the two Down offerings o'neill mccartan doherty and lavery murphy rice

Kerry's 1981 team FF sheehy liston egan (p spillane on for egan) is the best I ever seen, I preferred Ger Power in the half forward line rather than when he moved up to full for 84,85 and 86. Micko must have had it tough, "hmmm will i start john egan or ger power top of the left today? Ah feck it- egan's only 5'8" I'll stick him in the corner..."
their 1980 HB line p o se t kennelly g o'keefe takes some beating too

I think a whole new thread is required for best midfield, but tohill mcgiiligan was unreal
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

5 Sams

Quote from: heganboy on December 15, 2011, 01:27:52 PM
this is a great topic

love the two Down offerings o'neill mccartan doherty and lavery murphy rice

Kerry's 1981 team FF sheehy liston egan (p spillane on for egan) is the best I ever seen, I preferred Ger Power in the half forward line rather than when he moved up to full for 84,85 and 86. Micko must have had it tough, "hmmm will i start john egan or ger power top of the left today? Ah feck it- egan's only 5'8" I'll stick him in the corner..."
their 1980 HB line p o se t kennelly g o'keefe takes some beating too

I think a whole new thread is required for best midfield, but tohill mcgiiligan was unreal

An fear laidir

and any one of 16 other guys he partnered in midfield for Kerry..
The Aristocrat Years

heganboy

I'll see your Dara and raise you a
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

muppet

The Killer, The Pillar, The Thriller.

End of......
MWWSI 2017

Rasharkin Gael

Magilligan and tohill for me. Individually, neither was in the class of D o,shea or jack, but they were the best midfield partnership I have ever seen, strength, ability, guile and hunger in abundance. If derry could have kept them together for longer I'm sure the oak leafs would have had more of Sam.

muppet

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on December 16, 2011, 07:30:01 PM
Magilligan and tohill for me. Individually, neither was in the class of D o,shea or jack, but they were the best midfield partnership I have ever seen, strength, ability, guile and hunger in abundance. If derry could have kept them together for longer I'm sure the oak leafs would have had more of Sam.

Tohill was a more complete footballer IMHO.
MWWSI 2017

Estimator

If only..
Ulster League Champions 2009

orangeman

Granny, balls, granda etc

lawnseed

k hughes, geezer, and andy mccann- best half back line in my lifetime. geezer was the anchor and the boys raided for scores up the wings and fed the then trademark diagonal ball to stevie and oisin. simple but effective
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ONeill

Tohill and McGilligan my hole. One All-Ireland. Sure didn't Deegan and Greg McCartan destroy them when it really mattered in '94.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.