Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2018, 08:02:20 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on October 16, 2018, 11:56:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2018, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on October 16, 2018, 08:57:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2018, 11:40:21 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 13, 2018, 11:11:01 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 13, 2018, 09:27:56 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on October 12, 2018, 07:38:09 PM
I just think we're going down a dangerous road with this nonsense. There will always be flare ups, when pride and passion are involved. Some posters on here reckon that involving police or heavier suspensions from the county boards will deter offenders. It won't. There is a life sentence in jail for murder....yet we still have murderers.

Police should never be involved with GAA business. Be it criminal or a slap during a game.  We talk about the dirty joe slap from behind? What about the late high elbow? Is this going to be assault? Or the clothesline tackle that we see more and more of? Once we have police involvement, then all of the above can be reported to the police. You're knickers are all in a twist.

It's club championship season, tempers run high. Consider that 200/300 years ago, the same parishes wouldve been fighting to the death in the name of sport.
So anything goes?
Judas hits are ok.
Kick a man on the head when he is down?
Draw a hurl on a man from behind?
If the Ref misses it you are grand to go on.

Careful now, therealdougal sounds like a tough brut!

I doubt he even played, or at best played the Z team/ beer belly team.

Ah now MR row, we eat townies like you with your soft attitudes for breakfast.

Aye proper softies here in Milltown  ::)

I'm just glad all the crying has died down. Cavanagh was an accident.  And it's a well known fact that if it wasn't for blow-ins from the country ye would have no medals down in Milltown.

Course, you'd think we'd 15 blow in ya wally! You again show yourself to be a dafty never mind what I suspect, just a barfly. I doubt you owned a pair of boots too  ;D

Sorry MR2, but I'd safely say that if we were to hire a cleaner to dust down each others medal collection, yours would  be finished for 10 o'clock tea.

Well you say that, but we are not counting ladies football here.

I've no idea who you are or what club you support or not play for, you are just a random nerd/WUM as far as I'm concerned who says they have medals. (I just said you don't own a pair of boots!) Why bring your fantasy medal count in, means nothing.

It's the condoning of slaps and digs in games which result in broken eye sockets, losing teeth and guys getting hidings and being traumatised by it, and saying, sure its part of the game! Its that,  that shows you up as a balloon.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2018, 04:51:59 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on October 17, 2018, 04:10:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2018, 08:02:20 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on October 16, 2018, 11:56:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2018, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on October 16, 2018, 08:57:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2018, 11:40:21 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 13, 2018, 11:11:01 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 13, 2018, 09:27:56 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on October 12, 2018, 07:38:09 PM
I just think we're going down a dangerous road with this nonsense. There will always be flare ups, when pride and passion are involved. Some posters on here reckon that involving police or heavier suspensions from the county boards will deter offenders. It won't. There is a life sentence in jail for murder....yet we still have murderers.

Police should never be involved with GAA business. Be it criminal or a slap during a game.  We talk about the dirty joe slap from behind? What about the late high elbow? Is this going to be assault? Or the clothesline tackle that we see more and more of? Once we have police involvement, then all of the above can be reported to the police. You're knickers are all in a twist.

It's club championship season, tempers run high. Consider that 200/300 years ago, the same parishes wouldve been fighting to the death in the name of sport.
So anything goes?
Judas hits are ok.
Kick a man on the head when he is down?
Draw a hurl on a man from behind?
If the Ref misses it you are grand to go on.

Careful now, therealdougal sounds like a tough brut!

I doubt he even played, or at best played the Z team/ beer belly team.

Ah now MR row, we eat townies like you with your soft attitudes for breakfast.

Aye proper softies here in Milltown  ::)

I'm just glad all the crying has died down. Cavanagh was an accident.  And it's a well known fact that if it wasn't for blow-ins from the country ye would have no medals down in Milltown.

Course, you'd think we'd 15 blow in ya wally! You again show yourself to be a dafty never mind what I suspect, just a barfly. I doubt you owned a pair of boots too  ;D

Sorry MR2, but I'd safely say that if we were to hire a cleaner to dust down each others medal collection, yours would  be finished for 10 o'clock tea.

Well you say that, but we are not counting ladies football here.

I've no idea who you are or what club you support or not play for, you are just a random nerd/WUM as far as I'm concerned who says they have medals. (I just said you don't own a pair of boots!) Why bring your fantasy medal count in, means nothing.

It's the condoning of slaps and digs in games which result in broken eye sockets, losing teeth and guys getting hidings and being traumatised by it, and saying, sure its part of the game! Its that,  that shows you up as a balloon.

You brought up that i was a barfly...not the sharpest MR2. No point arguing anymore with you. We're getting nowhere.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: befair on October 17, 2018, 03:32:03 PM
On reflection, the ban fro next year's championship is quite lenient. Neither team would be serious contenders, nor be expected to progress far. With the back door, it's a loss of 2-3 games at most

My take also. Very lenient. Ban both clubs from every competition for the maximum period permitted. And ban identifiable individuals for the same length of time.

Very easy to do with few county men involved. (And, therein lies the real issue).

BTW, same punishment with recent rows in other counties, including my own.

tonto1888

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on October 17, 2018, 08:58:28 PM
On reflection, the ban fro next year's championship is quite lenient. Neither team would be serious contenders, nor be expected to progress far. With the back door, it's a loss of 2-3 games at most

My take also. Very lenient. Ban both clubs from every competition for the maximum period permitted. And ban identifiable individuals for the same length of time.

Very easy to do with few county men involved. (And, therein lies the real issue).

Do the current rules allow this?

johnnycool

Would you ban Slaughtneil senior hurlers and footballers for something their reserve footballers did as well?

Quote from: johnnycool on October 19, 2018, 12:40:51 PM

Would you ban Slaughtneil senior hurlers and footballers for something their reserve footballers did as well?

Short answer is Yes.

Long answer is Yes, because some of those reserve football scoundrels will be lining out against Ballycran next weekend and because there were incidents in the senior match the previous evening and because there is a track record of similar behaviour over a number of years.

Great club and community though, but not exempt from appropriate sanctions.

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 19, 2018, 12:30:01 PM

If they don't, they should be amended to do so. The Harps and RGU folk would think several times before jumping the wire again.

tonto1888

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on October 19, 2018, 10:21:13 PM

If they don't, they should be amended to do so. The Harps and RGU folk would think several times before jumping the wire again.

I don't doubt it. But would the county board get away with it? Didn't the GAA basically make up a rule for TMcCann after hair gate and that didn't stick?

Fear ón Srath Bán

A massive outbreak of violence for the Skerries vs St Vincent's Minor in Dublin today, involving just about everyone in the aftermath of the Skerries' victory, tut, tut.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

stephenite

I see Dingle have taken to having pure thugs as selectors. That kn**ker should be banned for life

Farrandeelin

This violence at the end of games and afterwards is worrying. Take yer beating and move on.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tyrdub

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 20, 2018, 07:35:17 AM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on October 19, 2018, 10:21:13 PM

I don't doubt it. But would the county board get away with it? Didn't the GAA basically make up a rule for TMcCann after hair gate and that didn't stick?

I could very safely take money from Powers on whether or not they will be banned from the championship, in fact ill guarantee they will be playing. The Ulster Council will not uphold the bans

Wildweasel74

Having seen the Dingle one but I heard every man and his dog involved!! 2 Clifford's sent off, not like then! Seen it now, that selector/sub should be seeing 2yrs for that hit frombehind

stephenite

If the actions of that Dingle selector were carried out by a member of an Ulster club this thread would surely be an extra 10 pages by now?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: stephenite on October 23, 2018, 08:03:35 AM
If the actions of that Dingle selector were carried out by a member of an Ulster club this thread would surely be an extra 10 pages by now?

Absolutely....particularly if he was a dirty auld Tyrone hoor....