Hurling championship 2018

Started by seafoid, April 25, 2018, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: lenny on July 09, 2018, 07:38:26 AM
Quote from: gallsman on July 08, 2018, 04:37:56 PM
Unreal stuff. KK just ran out of steam the last 15 mins or so. Some brilliant hurling across all the age groups the last few weeks.

It wasn't that great a game yesterday. Kilkenny got 2 dubious goals and another from a rebound. And galway still won by 7. Galway are streets ahead of them and stepped it up when they needed it.

1-3 from Kilkenny's starting forwards compared to Galway's 1-18 tells another story.

seafoid

Unreal stuff. KK just ran out of steam the last 15 mins or so. Some brilliant hurling across all the age groups the last few weeks.

It wasn't that great a game yesterday. Kilkenny got 2 dubious goals and another from a rebound. And galway still won by 7. Galway are streets ahead of them and stepped it up when they needed it.
Galway are more fluid. They have better decision making .
KK shot a few bad wides towards the end  They need more experience as a team. Galway showed what they can do in the first half

https://youtu.be/7CRW1g_EsC8
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Ref was a bit kind to KK to say the least but it's hardly the first time you've heard that said in years.

Galway just have the extra power and skill now to kick on when they want to.

Kilkennys spirit has to be admired but they're well short of the team they once were.

They may get over Limerick but you'd have to say that could be their summer over as I can't see them doing Cork or Galway again.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on July 09, 2018, 10:50:44 AM

Ref was a bit kind to KK to say the least but it's hardly the first time you've heard that said in years.

Galway just have the extra power and skill now to kick on when they want to.

Kilkennys spirit has to be admired but they're well short of the team they once were.

They may get over Limerick but you'd have to say that could be their summer over as I can't see them doing Cork or Galway again.
KK have some great hurlers like Reid but they also have young lads lacking big game experience such as Leahy here at

https://youtu.be/zyowergNnwY

He didn't see who else was available and he shot wide.
Galway would have worked a score out of that.
KK are not as slick because of this aspect of the team. They could be great in a few years but not this year.

Hound

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on July 09, 2018, 08:45:53 AM
Do we know the venues for next weekends matches and how much will the last two weeks affect KK.
Double bill in Thurles makes most sense. A KK mate said he heard there's a push on to have the double bill in Pairc Ui Chaoimh instead. Maybe that's the delay in the announcement as wouldn't imagine either of the Leinster teams would want to go to Cork, but I'd imagine we'll hear shortly.

seafoid

NAG1

I'd love to see Limerick wipe them out.

Galway were something else yesterday could and should have won by a good bit more but this will stand to them as the year goes on.

The skill level of the Galway men is unreal.

seafoid

Quote from: NAG1 on July 09, 2018, 12:12:14 PM
I'd love to see Limerick wipe them out.

Galway were something else yesterday could and should have won by a good bit more but this will stand to them as the year goes on.

The skill level of the Galway men is unreal.
Limerick need to win this. They have to put a decent run together to get where they should be.

Milltown Row2

Galway are even money to win, along with Dublin at 8/11, thats free money!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Richie Hogan is needed earlier on the field for KK
Great decision making on the ball and a great man to win a free with a dip of the head into a 'high tackle'

johnnycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 09, 2018, 04:52:33 PM
Great decision making on the ball and a great man to win a free with a dip of the head into a 'high tackle'

His legs are gone. He was favourite for a ball and Harte left him for dead.

Not sure he'll ever reach his top level again

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on July 09, 2018, 08:52:37 PM

I think he was trying to be sarcastic about Hogan, one of the best hurlers over the past 10 plus years! Shame,  as he was one of my favourites
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2018, 09:08:39 PM

I think he was trying to be sarcastic about Hogan, one of the best hurlers over the past 10 plus years! Shame,  as he was one of my favourites
Not sarcastic at all
I thought he changed both games when introduced

johnnycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 09, 2018, 11:55:22 PM

Not sarcastic at all

I get the impression he's not fit enough to start and Cody is using him as an impact sub. He'll need a good winter to get a bit of speed back into his legs as he was slow on Sunday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on July 10, 2018, 11:33:05 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 09, 2018, 11:55:22 PM

Not sarcastic at all

I get the impression he's not fit enough to start and Cody is using him as an impact sub. He'll need a good winter to get a bit of speed back into his legs as he was slow on Sunday.

He's past his peak, though his peak was a lot higher than most, so he'd be able to get to a level to most county hurlers but i just can't see it, Cody is bleeding in a new team..

Cant see him getting another winter training behind him, sadly