Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

We went to Benidorm on a Stag in April or May.
There was about 27 of us. Great craic, great night life, you can drink until 6am if you like.
I would definitely recommend it.

the training session the day we got back was hell though.

bigfrank

Plannng a stag for end of January??? any ideas!!

Lads all wana go somewhere warm etc but does spain etc be warm at that time of the year!!! Skiing culd be bit expensive straight after xmas and all. newcastle was also mentioned???

thebigfella

Quote from: bigfrank on September 04, 2009, 02:16:00 PM
Plannng a stag for end of January??? any ideas!!

Lads all wana go somewhere warm etc but does spain etc be warm at that time of the year!!! Skiing culd be bit expensive straight after xmas and all. newcastle was also mentioned???

6 years of January in Newcastle, trust me it's not warm. In fact you might be lucky and be able to ski there  ;D

bigfrank

wasnt implyin newcastle was warm lol :P Just mentioning places we talked about hitting!!! Best stag ever on was in magaluf,f$$kin nuts!!!

cornerback

Just had a quick scroll through the pages and a few people recommended Bristol...

Any more information on places to stay & bars/clubs to go to/avoid?

Cheers

gawa316

Right have to plan 2 stags this year. More or less already got one sorted for the Isle of Man but the other is proving a fecker.

Groom wants to go somewhere in eng, sco or wales but not the usual places. Was looking at Newquay but its a fecker to get to from here and costs a fortune.

Edinburgh is a deadly spot but whats it like for actvities, would like to do something on the sat morning, just to stay out of the pubs for a couple of hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

ross4life

Krakow or Innsbruck is a must do for stags
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Geoff Tipps

Been on 2 stags in Edinburgh. The first one we went to a Magners League game that Connacht were over for. The second one we went karting. Wasn't far from the city. Personally prefer no activities. They get in the way of al all day session!

gallsman

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 05, 2010, 11:36:26 PM
Been on 2 stags in Edinburgh. The first one we went to a Magners League game that Connacht were over for. The second one we went karting. Wasn't far from the city. Personally prefer no activities. They get in the way of al all day session!

I may well have been to the same Karting venue. Great days craic and as the taxi took about 25 minutes, there's nothing like an early morning in Edinburgh to clear your head from the night before.

Minder

Went paintballing on a stag do in Edinburgh.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

One of the best stags I was on was in Lemington Spa outside Birmingham but the stag was originally from there and we had a guide as such. Was some craic though and have been back since and it was good craic, lovely spot actually, very well kept and lively.

Newcastle is a mighty spot and you could take in a championship game or go to a rugby premiership game. Horse racing also an option.

ha ha derry

Edinburgh... a mighty spot alright! Try the Penny Black bar, it opens at 5am and closes at 12 noon.
Perfect start to the day  :-X

Geoff Tipps

Yeah been on a stag to Newcastle too. It's a great city for a session. There's an excellent karting track about 45 mins from the city. Like Bingobus said there's a few race courses in that general area - Newcastle and Hexham. Think there's another around there too. If the stag is in the summer there's an Irish club beside St. James's that will show the championship games.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: ha ha derry on January 06, 2010, 10:07:09 AM
Edinburgh... a mighty spot alright! Try the Penny Black bar, it opens at 5am and closes at 12 noon.
Perfect start to the day  :-X

Staying in Ireland... I heard Carrick On Shannon is supposed to be good... ??

Minder

Quote from: bingobus on January 06, 2010, 10:04:25 AM
One of the best stags I was on was in Lemington Spa outside Birmingham but the stag was originally from there and we had a guide as such. Was some craic though and have been back since and it was good craic, lovely spot actually, very well kept and lively.

Newcastle is a mighty spot and you could take in a championship game or go to a rugby premiership game. Horse racing also an option.

Going to Newcastle for one in May, be around the end of May so will be no Newcastle match.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"