Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack O

Cargins all day long,and that's even with big Magill in nets,what I can't understand why they have took us to beechmount to play sarsfields,a bit unfair tbh, although it won't make any difference, we're on a mission to go to senior and stay in it as double winners and challenge for the senior championship in the next few years,we have been there or thereabouts in div 2 this last while,so we've made the breakthrough and intend not to stop,Mick's blue and whitearmy TNN abu

Jack O

Quote from: Jack O on October 08, 2021, 05:14:34 PM
Cargins all day long,and that's even with big Magill in nets,what I can't understand why they have took us to beechmount to play sarsfields,a bit unfair tbh, although it won't make any difference, we're on a mission to go to senior and stay in it as double winners and challenge for the senior championship in the next few years,we have been there or thereabouts in div 2 this last while,so we've made the breakthrough and intend not to stop,Mick's blue and whitearmy TNN abu
btw davitts is a great pitch, we've already played on it,but it ain't halfway that's all

rogercasement

Scotchy has two sons playing, fine ballers too

Gold

Quote from: Jack O on October 08, 2021, 05:42:41 PM
btw davitts is a great pitch, we've already played on it,but it ain't halfway that's all

Will yous be OK with the 20 minute drive in to Belfasf? Or will players have Jetlag do ya reckon?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

rogercasement

Quote from: Gold on October 09, 2021, 01:28:01 AM

Will yous be OK with the 20 minute drive in to Belfasf? Or will players have Jetlag do ya reckon?

Templepatrick and Ballyclares pitches must be busy that day  :)

Jack O

31 miles and with the price off fuel fs,but whatever obstacles that are it in the way, Mick's blue and white army will smash them down ps Easyjet booked out

breakingball

Would agree on mckeever to a certain extent, flatters to deceive alot and has discipline issues, however he has physical attributes that others don't, he is also one of their leaders and therefore pg1 will certainly miss his presence.

Doesn't matter where tnn play their semi final they will win. Get on with it

BealnaBlath

Few whispers at the hurling today that McKeever could be getting off on appeal? Would like to see all players available for the  spectacle but I think it would be another slap in face for referees. Like McCann getting off last year on word of the county chair the same ref would could feel he's not being backed as by all accounts it was a strike which he had a clear view. If that's the case surely no further evidence could be used to undermine refs further? The appeals process Always an interesting topic suppose

erinsboy

You can't compare apples with oranges ,McCann got his card overturned last year because he never should have gotten it in the first place.If McKeever got his red for striking then it must be upheld.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jack O on October 09, 2021, 10:35:08 AM

31 miles and with the price off fuel fs,but whatever obstacles that are it in the way, Mick's blue and white army will smash them down ps Easyjet booked out

I remember my first beer also.

Sportacus

Quote from: erinsboy on October 09, 2021, 06:11:39 PM
You can't compare apples with oranges ,McCann got his card overturned last year because he never should have gotten it in the first place.If McKeever got his red for striking then it must be upheld.
Diarmuid O'Connor punched a player fair in the face on live tv in an All Ireland semi-final and his red was rescinded for the replay.  From top to bottom the GAA is literally a joke when it comes to suspensions. 

rogercasement

He was silly but never a red.

Calm Down

What actually happened in the McKeever incident, was it striking?

rogercasement

No when running out corner forward barged him, then another came at him, he raised his arm but didn't strike. If I'm being honest I think ref felt he got it wrong and was looking a chance to even it up but it never came.