Occupy Wall Street

Started by Eamonnca1, October 13, 2011, 07:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Is there going to be an Irish edition of this? Occupy the International Financial Services Centre? "Occupy the IFSC" doesn't quite have the same catchy ring to it as the New York original, but they're probably every bit as justified or maybe even more so given the scale of the bailout that the likes of Anglo Irish Bank got.

seafoid

There is occupy dame st, eamonn. I think things are worse in the states. Median wages stagnant for 30 years. It would be great if all the war veterans who have been shafted joined in occupy wall st.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Eamonn unlike you Commies in Yankland us Irish are a responsible and consciousness people, able to face the hard fight and battle through. All the weak nations of the Earth (the rest) take heed and tremble at our greatness.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on October 13, 2011, 09:07:24 PM
There is occupy dame st, eamonn.

Glad to see it. I wonder how long it'll last.

SLIGONIAN

http://www.facebook.com/OccupyDameStreet

Its on Saturday at 2pm, hopefully be a big turnout, it'll just be made up of people who care about people outside of themselves and with Ireland being the most passive race in humanitys history aswell i dont think a huge turnout is likely.

I was driving home today, and i heard alan shatter going bananas about the media reporting the facts around the promotion of 2 judges who one gave FG a donation and another linked to labour, it just sickens me how he could defend and attack the reporting of cronyism, how dare they report it, its gone beyond a joke.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

thebigfella

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 14, 2011, 12:00:49 AM
http://www.facebook.com/OccupyDameStreet

Its on Saturday at 2pm, hopefully be a big turnout, it'll just be made up of people who care about people outside of themselves and with Ireland being the most passive race in humanitys history aswell i dont think a huge turnout is likely.

I was driving home today, and i heard alan shatter going bananas about the media reporting the facts around the promotion of 2 judges who one gave FG a donation and another linked to labour, it just sickens me how he could defend and attack the reporting of cronyism, how dare they report it, its gone beyond a joke.

Hope f**king not, don't want them annoying me while i'm at work.  ;)

Puckoon

There's one here in Reno too - and I see on facebook there is an Occupy Sesame Street page.

highorlow

On that facebook page in the photo's there is a lad so large I think he just happens to be stuck there as the crane never arrived!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

deiseach

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on October 17, 2011, 10:10:49 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 17, 2011, 09:54:56 AM
Very good analysis by Krugman

That's a tautology right there

This one is el gordo. Right to the heart of the system.  I read Wealth and Democracy by Kevin Phillips once and he wondered when the wind would shift and the plutocrats would get the Brideshead treatment.     
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

stew

I got stopped by some clampett on saturday morning at a traffic light, he had a sign that said and I quote, 'honk if you are poor', the eejit jumps out in front of me to engage me in conversation and I wound the window down to tell him to get out of the way, he asked me to honk and i asked him why? solidarity with the people he says, i tell him to fcuk aff and that I am not poor because I live within my means and he got reallly mad at me. There are times when I detest liberals who blame their ills on others, the fact is, if you don't spend more than you earn you will, in all likelihood, be ok.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Iceman

I get a bit annoyed at all these protests too.
I don't believe people when they say they can't get a job. There are 100s of jobs out there if you are prepared to step down from your "station" and do whatever it takes. I don't think it is unreasonable to take a bar job or restaurant job or cleaning job or whatever it takes to keep money coming in.......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight