Two Touts Get a Hammering

Started by Joxer, September 20, 2009, 10:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

Was walking down from Meaghers today and I seen an unmerciful row.  Got talking to a boy who was a friend of the two Cork boys involvede and found out that the two Cork boys involved were swapping over tickets with each other and these two touts came over and snatched all their tickets and ran.  So the two boys give chase  caught them and give them an awful kicking for their troubles.

Proper order!

longrunsthefox

i hope that is not an urban myth... good stuff

orangeman

I hope they kicked the shite out of them, got their tickets and emptied their pockets of money as well.   ;)

INDIANA

Quote from: Joxer on September 20, 2009, 10:11:53 PM
Was walking down from Meaghers today and I seen an unmerciful row.  Got talking to a boy who was a friend of the two Cork boys involvede and found out that the two Cork boys involved were swapping over tickets with each other and these two touts came over and snatched all their tickets and ran.  So the two boys give chase  caught them and give them an awful kicking for their troubles.

Proper order!

Would have paid good money to see that. Hope its true.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Donnellys Hollow

Them two buckos should be given an award for their services to society. Well done lads!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Shamrock Shore

paddypastit

Eh... not to doubt anyone's intent, but given the area of the city involved, can't see two touts being alone in terms of 'friends' to come to their aid, so am inclined to doubt the precise version of events
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

man in black

Quote from: paddypastit on September 21, 2009, 12:54:15 AM
Eh... not to doubt anyone's intent, but given the area of the city involved, can't see two touts being alone in terms of 'friends' to come to their aid, so am inclined to doubt the precise version of events

Why were you there ?
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

paddypastit

No, but I live in Dublin and am more than familiar with the North Inner City and its ways. Depends what one means by 'tout'. The touts in my head are one well co-ordinated criminal fraternity.  In that context, the story sounds nice but unrealistic at two levels - the real touts wouldn't risk getting involved in that type of a row as it would prevent them from making money and bring them unnecessarily to the attention of the cops at a  time when that is exactly the opposite of what they would want, and anyone that would take on those same 'operators' physically in that area of town would do so at their peril. We might all want to believe the story but I'm inclined to doubt that it is precisely as it is presented.  Now two skangers may have chanced their arm on a 'hit and run'... and that paints a different picture, for tickets replace 'handbag / mobile phone / MP3'.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

armaghniac

Exactly, whatever you think of touts these were not touts but just local gurriers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Croí na hÉireann

Whether they were touts or gurriers, fair play to the lads involved. Did anyone see these "patriots" on Fitzgibbon St???

Anger at protest by 'paramilitaries'

Monday September 21 2009

ALL-Ireland supporters walking to Croke Park yesterday expressed revulsion at a paramilitary-style protest staged opposite a major Dublin garda station.

Fans walked past the startling sight of uniformed men standing near Fitzgibbon Street Garda station.

Six men wearing paramilitary dress -- black berets, black leather gloves, white shirts, green combat pants and black boots -- held Irish flags as they staged a protest in support of alleged Omagh bomber Liam Campbell.

"It's unbelievable that these people can stand there and wear those uniforms and the guards just stand around watching," said one Kerry supporter.

Campbell (46) is facing extradition proceedings in Northern Ireland. He is wanted in Lithuania in connection with a foiled plot to buy arms two years ago.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

man in black

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 21, 2009, 11:31:53 AM

"It's unbelievable that these people can stand there and wear those uniforms and the guards just stand around watching," said one Kerry supporter.

Probably the closest a Kerryman has come to military intervention in the north.
As us Tyrone men say, sod the gooch, there is only one Kerryman that we fear in Tyrone.

Sean O Callaghan
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Qwerty28

Was talking to a man on the way out yesterday who siad his friend found a ticket on he ground just before they went into the match! He seemed like a fellow who wouldnt make up that kind of story....god help whoever put their hand in their pocket and noticed their ticket was gone!
Forgot to ask him what your man did with the ticket he found!