TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Hasn't TG4 already shown/is showing Breaking Bad in Ireland?

Anyway I'm happy you report to you I had a quick look on my phone and its all there..

gaaman2016

Quote from: screenexile on November 07, 2017, 12:08:39 PM
Quote from: WT4E on November 07, 2017, 11:48:45 AM
Where could I watch No Stone on Turned?

Will it be in normal Cinemas or is it too controversial?

https://sluggerotoole.com/2017/11/02/no-stone-unturned-a-film-that-finally-lifts-the-loughinisland-stones-the-ruc-wouldnt-touch/

A screening later this week in Loughinisland will precede the film's general release from Friday 10 November in the Queen's Film Theatre as well as selected cinemas in the Movie House and Omniplex chains.

Apparently will be on Amazon Prime in the new year

JimStynes

Finally gave up on The Walking Dead. Shite. Been watching the last few season series just for the sake of it but finally switched off half way through the latest episode. What's that 'Sinner' show like?

Milltown Row2

The fight for Mosul! Tough watch...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on November 05, 2017, 01:22:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2017, 12:46:45 AM
Quote from: Main Street on November 03, 2017, 01:26:17 PM
Tin Can - beyond corny, defines the term 'what a waste of time'.
Tin Can or Tin Star?
;D
Tin Star
What didn't you like about it? I thought it was extremely slow to get to where it was inevitably going, but I thought the last three episodes were good once Jack got into character.

Main Street

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 10, 2017, 04:54:48 PM
Tin Can or Tin Star?
;D
Tin Star
What didn't you like about it? I thought it was extremely slow to get to where it was inevitably going, but I thought the last three episodes were good once Jack got into character.
My comment was mainly directed for those people who have started to watch it and have a (forlorn) hope that it will get better.
Absurd plot which became more ridiculous, incredibly unimaginative banal script and dialogue, the london accents adopted were contrived and corny. Characters were even more absurd than the plot. The  Tin Star who is never actually seen to be drunk  but always ready with rapier like reactions unhindered by vast consumption of alcohol.
The baby faced psycho killer who fondly plays a guitar, falls in love while callously acting out his revenge, of which much time was spent explaining motive.
Characters end up doing other things, vanishing on magic plot threads.
Cliche on top of cliche.
Too many drugs involved, I suspect.

maggie

Started Tin Star and my issue is the mumbling when they are speaking. Swear i can never hear half of what they are saying.

JoG2

Finished Mr Mercedes tonight. Thought it was very good. Gleeson is a serious actor

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: WT4E on November 07, 2017, 11:48:45 AM
Where could I watch No Stone on Turned?

Will it be in normal Cinemas or is it too controversial?

nrico2006

Stranger things season 2 better that season 1. Really enjoyed it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BarryBreensBandage

Tin Can or Tin Star?
;D
Tin Star

Great Soundtrack
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on November 10, 2017, 09:01:31 PM
Tin Can or Tin Star?
;D
Tin Star
My comment was mainly directed for those people who have started to watch it and have a (forlorn) hope that it will get better.
Absurd plot which became more ridiculous, incredibly unimaginative banal script and dialogue, the london accents adopted were contrived and corny. Characters were even more absurd than the plot. The  Tin Star who is never actually seen to be drunk  but always ready with rapier like reactions unhindered by vast consumption of alcohol.
The baby faced psycho killer who fondly plays a guitar, falls in love while callously acting out his revenge, of which much time was spent explaining motive.
Cliche on top of cliche.
Mmm, can't say I agree. It's not brilliant by any stretch but I think you're being harsh.

Isn't that Tim Roth's natural accent? Not sure on the others.

Quote from: maggie on November 10, 2017, 09:04:03 PM
Started Tin Star and my issue is the mumbling when they are speaking. Swear i can never hear half of what they are saying.
Mumbling is annoying alright.

Orior

What is opposite of a recommendation?

That Len Goodman show (he from Strictly) is the absolute worst show ever. Ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partners_in_Rhyme
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 12, 2017, 10:02:03 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 10, 2017, 09:01:31 PM
Tin Can or Tin Star?
;D
Tin Star
Cliche on top of cliche.
Mmm, can't say I agree. It's not brilliant by any stretch but I think you're being harsh.

Isn't that Tim Roth's natural accent? Not sure on the others.

Quote from: maggie on November 10, 2017, 09:04:03 PM
Mumbling is annoying alright.

First sign of hearing loss
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Finished Tin Star last night. I had actually been enjoying it but the last episode was a real let down.  The whole love story is just not believable at all.