Club Commission

Tickets SoldReturn Per Ticket
1-20£10
21-50£25
51-100£45
101-150£50
151-200£55
201-250£60

Club Commission is open to all GAA clubs.

Full details at: http://antrim.gaa.ie/saffron-sweep-2008/

Buy your ticket online

Feel free to ask questions below

saffron sam2

1. Why should I buy one?

2. Will any money from Saffron Sweep go directly into the pocket of one Mr J Gormley?

3. Will any money from Saffron Sweep be wasted on hurling?

Two nos to 2 & 3 and a reasoned argument for 1 and I would consider it.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Mhic Easmuint

1. Why should I buy one?
Its a great draw with great prizes to be won.
You will be supporting your club.
You will be supporting your county.
The funds generated by the draw will help the county to deliver on the Strategic Plan which has many benefits for all Gaels in the county.

2. Will any money from Saffron Sweep go directly into the pocket of one Mr J Gormley?
The County Chairman outlines the aims and purpose of the draw on the ticket, and also at the bottom of this page on the website: http://antrim.gaa.ie/saffron-sweep-2008/
The main aim of the draw is to enable the county to deliver on the Strategic Plan - mainly the Centre of Excellence.
Links to each below which are also on the Administration section of the county website:
Antrim Strategic Plan
Planning Document on Centre of Excellence

Do you seriously expect an answer? Funds generated from the Saffron Sweep will be used in the ways outlined above.

(I am not a member of the county board or executive so any opinions expressed are my own and I have pointed out the facts about the Saffron Sweep above)

Maguire01

If it's an Antrim thing, to benefit only the one county, why are you spamming so many posts with little or no relevance to Antrim?

milltown row

wasted on hurling? explain yourself Saffron,  what areas do you think we are wasting money on hurling?

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 19, 2008, 01:22:53 PM
If it's an Antrim thing, to benefit only the one county, why are you spamming so many posts with little or no relevance to Antrim?

The club commission is open to all clubs in all counties.
So you you bought one, you would just enter your club name and county and when the draw is complete your club would receive £10 commission.
Full details of commission above or on the website.

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on March 19, 2008, 01:43:50 PM
wasted on hurling? explain yourself Saffron,  what areas do you think we are wasting money on hurling?

To paraphrase Gordon Strachan, which areas - mainly the big green ones with two goal posts at either end dotted round the county.

Or maybe the ones where 'we' enter teams into competitions year on year and we still get hit for scores like 3-29 or 1-24. Where 'we' moan and groan about why there are only going to be 9 teams in Div. 1 and that 'we' have a god given right to be in Div. 1 and 'we' show absolutely no improvement at any stage over the intervening years and 'we' remain a laughing stock throughout real traditional hurling counties.

Or those where 'we' try to spend money on hurling in the city when it is obvious that it has long since died a death. Sure didn't one club send their dual players to play a football friendly instead of a senior hurling championship match - not one penny of hurling funds should ever go to that club again.

I would happily pay £50 for half a ticket if I could be guaranteed that not a shekel would go near that north Antrim county board's hurling 'development' strategy. Oh and that none went directly to a Mr J Gormley either.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

slow corner back

So Sam you consider that Antrim who currently compete in Div 1 hurling and Div 4 football are wasting money on hurling???. Remind me in the last thirty years how many Ulster titles have Antrim footballers won and I will go and try to work out how many Antrim hurlers have won.

the colonel

sam, don't be such a snob, its boys like you who will take antrim no where with their negativity

whats your problem with north antrim? all the money they raise they put straight back into their games. every penny is spent on exactly what the committee says it is, developing gaa in north antrim. never in north antrim have kids had so many games, and thats exactly why teams trom donegal, derry, down and more attend their juvenille competitions.

those two score lines are against two of the three best teams in Ireland. i would love to see how antrim fare against kerry or mayo/ tyrone in football. and i am not a football man but am delighted to see the footballers getting better. fair play, but they play in division 4, so why should all the money going to developing football. it should be equal.

and how sure are you that the county is paying jody gormley?
the difference between success and failure is energy

lynchbhoy

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 19, 2008, 04:07:54 PM
To paraphrase Gordon Strachan, which areas - mainly the big green ones with two goal posts at either end dotted round the county.
I wouldnt be paraphrasing of quoting a lad who doesnt know his erse from his elbow (though it seems Ijust have!)

as for strachan and gormley
ones ginger who hasnt a clue what he's doing, the other is gordan strachan

(although I could have swapped that around and been equally as accurate)

best of luck with the fundraising Saffrons.
I think there should be a lot of lads round the west of Belfast with great money raising experience that are at a loose end these days - you could use their expertise!

the green man

Lynchbhoy will by one of these tickets. Especially after hawking Kevin Lynchs tickets here.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the green man on March 19, 2008, 06:49:00 PM
Lynchbhoy will by one of these tickets. Especially after hawking Kevin Lynchs tickets here.

will surely buy a ticket off lads on here *

more so those who bought tickets off me !

clootfromthe21

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 18, 2008, 11:11:40 AM

Tell you what Sam - we should get on to the County Board and tell them your tickets are to go solely on football and mine on hurling. Seems fair enough to me!

Two Hands FFS

Thats a great idea Cloot. I'm sure the majority of tickets were sold in North Antrim. Cushendun sold the most last year & I'm sure they would prefer the money to be spent on hurling.

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 19, 2008, 10:06:25 PM
Thats a great idea Cloot. I'm sure the majority of tickets were sold in North Antrim. Cushendun sold the most last year & I'm sure they would prefer the money to be spent on hurling.
Well it would have been a bad job if the County Chairmans club were not one of the leading sellers....
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"