Laois Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

One of our GDA's didn't cover himself in glory either. Fine example to younger players.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Port look like they will be difficult to stop for two in a row. Hopefully the incoming Laois manager, whoever it is, can get a few more of their lads to go in with the county panel.

Chrimtain

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on September 19, 2021, 02:05:23 PM
Port look like they will be difficult to stop for two in a row. Hopefully the incoming Laois manager, whoever it is, can get a few more of their lads to go in with the county panel.

Hopefully whoever he is can get Adam Ryan to commit as well as some of the younger lads.

Smellyball

Quote from: Smellyball on September 17, 2021, 11:34:26 AM
Port by 11, Ballyroan AET, Dempseys by 3, graig by 8

Portlaoise by 2, emo by 1, killeshin by 5, Clonaslee by 2

By jaysus I am brilliant, there's nothing I don't know about football!

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Smellyball on September 19, 2021, 08:38:36 PM

Jaysus that's some going fair play . Who will win it out if you had to pick one ?

Smellyball

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 19, 2021, 09:06:33 PM

Jaysus that's some going fair play . Who will win it out if you had to pick one ?

Hard to look past portarlington in fairness.
I keep expecting portlaoise buck up but there just doesn't seem to be any improvement from them. Maybe that umpire the other night has given them the lift they need to get going, but as someone posted a few days ago... maybe there's unrest in the camp.

BallyroanAbu

If Port are dominant on Laois Team we are in dire straits,  which we are club football is a shadow of 2000-2010

town1980

The PRO

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SCFC

Round 3 draw;

Killeshin v Stradbally

Clonaslee St Manman's v Courtwood

Portlaoise v St Joseph's

Emo v Rosenallis

And the Relegation Semi-Finals

Ballyfin v The Heath

Arles-Killeen v Ballylinan

All hard games to call. I'd be edging towards Stradbally, Courtwood, Portlaoise and Emo. And maybe Ballyfin and Ballylinan to stay out of the relegation final.

High Fielder

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 20, 2021, 12:33:17 AM
If Port are dominant on Laois Team we are in dire straits,  which we are club football is a shadow of 2000-2010

Completely agree. Once again some on here are confusing looking good in our Championship with being good enough to play inter county football. The two are miles apart.

Laois fan

Well they have had four starters the last few years,do you not think Coffey,moore or the two corner backs are of county standard

Laois Rising

From the first two rounds of championship games how many players in the 20-25 years of age category have really stood out as capable of stepping up and making an impact at intercounty level. For me, Sean Moore did very well in both games against Port and PLaoise. I would like to see him get a proper run in 2022 with the county.

High Fielder

Quote from: Laois fan on September 20, 2021, 12:14:11 PM
Well they have had four starters the last few years,do you not think Coffey,moore or the two corner backs are of county standard

The Laois team at the moment isn't the hardest to break into. The more obvious question should be who can improve the team. The first question is easier to answer than the second. I'm not saying it isn't possible and the right coach would help, but for me, nobody is really standing out enough to make them obvious candidates. A good player should stand out in every game at this level surely?

Robbo

I've seen a lot of matches in both codes over the last couple of weeks. We're not in a great place but at least the football looks quite competitive. I didn't go into the 2 early games on Sunday and though Port are worthy favourites, they're not miles ahead of the pack by any means.

Have to say I was very disappointed with Stradbally. They played into Graigue's hands. I had them as potential dark-horses but they looked a good deal off. Graigue will be there or thereabouts.

O'Dempseys laboured over Rosenallis. Hatch and Barry are dangerous but you'd worry if they are held. They look well-drilled.

Looking forward, I think we'll see wins for Clonaslee, Joe's, Emo and Stradbally.

Ballyfin and Ballylinan should win the relegation semi-finals.

Port favourites; Graigue second.
Very little between O'Ds, Ballyroan, Joseph's, Portlaoise and maybe Strad/Emo.