Laois Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

some great games some great performances also..any in house manager on show that would impress yee? ,,all of the managers seem to be working with younger lads thats all

Blow-in

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 06, 2021, 02:47:15 PM
It's a complete disaster if this live streaming of games is stopped now . The least they could do is see out the championship.
Covid is still around us and people who might not feel quite comfortable going back to games yet should have the luxury of watching games in their own home .
Elderly people or people not well who might not be fit to attend games should be able to watch games from their own homes .
People who are Abroad and not in the country should be able to watch their own clubs playing online in this day and age
Some of the poorer games which mightn't be worth driving all the way to Portlaoise to watch should be watchable online from your own home .
With the evenings starting to close in and the winter around the corner it would be handy to watch some matches at home
The picture And sound quality is great and the commentary and player/team insight is top notch so I don't see why they should do away with one of the more positive things that has kept us going through these uncertain times

Fully agree with all this. A lot of unhappy people it seems. It definitely should have been kept for the remainder of the 2021 championship.

Laois man

15euros on the turn stiles for senior games very costly for one game.

smcder

Is it 15e for one game?

The streaming is, or was great for people living any distance from Portlaoise.

Laois man

If you don't get tickets on line it's 15euro for a single game.

Laoiseabu

Anyone know what the situation is with Jody Dillon , Barney Maher and Tom Shiel ? I didn't see them at the weekend and they would definitely improve the Stradbally team .

Blow-in

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 07, 2021, 12:49:07 AM
Anyone know what the situation is with Jody Dillon , Barney Maher and Tom Shiel ? I didn't see them at the weekend and they would definitely improve the Stradbally team .

Jody Dillon: Oversees with the army due back next week
Tom Shiel: hamstring injury back then next day
Darren Maher: pulled up in the warm up and was named to start

Laois Rising

Stradbally could be bit of surprise package this year. Once every 4/5 years manage to get everyone available to them fit and playing. When they do, they have a panel of players that can compete with anyone. After weekend's performance, and with players still to return, they look like that they are in that cohort of 3 or 4 clubs that could possibly topple Portarlington.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Laois Rising on September 08, 2021, 11:43:15 AM
Stradbally could be bit of surprise package this year. Once every 4/5 years manage to get everyone available to them fit and playing. When they do, they have a panel of players that can compete with anyone. After weekend's performance, and with players still to return, they look like that they are in that cohort of 3 or 4 clubs that could possibly topple Portarlington.

Stradbally looked decent against Killeen but in all fairness Killeen were so so poor that it's very hard to judge where Stradbally are at . Shiel , Dillon and Barney Back The next day will bring Stradbally on even more though . Stradbally are due a good championship run.

Portarlington, Ballyroan Abbey , Portlaoise , Graiguecullen, Courtwood, ODempseys, St Joseph's , Stradbally  should all be in the mix come the business end but I'm leaning towards Portarlington or Ballyroan . Portlaoise as much as they have regressed If they get Seale and Flanagan back could still have a say yet .

Ballyfin and Rosenallis although probably not good enough to win the championship on their day could beat some of the teams above . Two young , mobile ,really improved sides who both have potential to cause the " bigger clubs " an upset . Underestimate them at your peril.

Silkyskillssunshinee

I think people are overrating Stradbally's performance a good bit here. Killeen got destroyed by Emo in the Division 1B league final by Emo, who then went and got well beat themselves by O'Dempseys in the first round of championship.

Obviously the 3 lads will make a difference but I still don't see them beating Port. As Laoisabu said above, I like the look of Ballyroan Abbey who could be the big challengers this season and I think they'll beat Joseph's the next day by 3-5 points. They have some very good youngsters (Diarmuid Whelan, Shaun Fitzpatrick, Brian Whelan, Davin McEvoy), the likes of Padraig McMahon, MJ Tierney and Marty Scully provide a bit of experience and a decent manager in Clancy who has them well organised.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on September 08, 2021, 03:29:04 PM
I think people are overrating Stradbally's performance a good bit here. Killeen got destroyed by Emo in the Division 1B league final by Emo, who then went and got well beat themselves by O'Dempseys in the first round of championship.

Obviously the 3 lads will make a difference but I still don't see them beating Port. As Laoisabu said above, I like the look of Ballyroan Abbey who could be the big challengers this season and I think they'll beat Joseph's the next day by 3-5 points. They have some very good youngsters (Diarmuid Whelan, Shaun Fitzpatrick, Brian Whelan, Davin McEvoy), the likes of Padraig McMahon, MJ Tierney and Marty Scully provide a bit of experience and a decent manager in Clancy who has them well organised.

Even If ballyroan don't do it this year I expect them to be a force from now on for the foreseeable future. The age profile of the squad and all the underage success they have had would suggest they could be the team to beat at senior very soon .

When everyone is available and the squad is at full strength Padraig Clancy potentially could be working with something like this:( obviously everyone wont be available for different reasons) but anyway:

Goalkeepers = Andrew Bonham , Paudie McDonald , Conor Collins

Defenders = Conor McWey , Fionnan Mahoney , Gavin Tynan, Martin Scully , Conor Brennan, Danny Brennan , Ruairi Dunne , Adam Dunne , Cian Moffitt , Diarmuid Conway , Evan McEvoy , Connaire Gee ,Aaron McEvoy , Colm Walsh , Barry Walsh , Ciaran Byrne , Mark Cahill , Aaron Carroll, Lawson Obular , Jamie Bartley , Sam Quinn , Eamonn Fitzpatrick.

Midfield =Diarmuid Whelan,  Cathal Doyle , Shaun Murphy , Liam Delaney, James McWey , Michael Brennan , Jake Cranny

Fowards = Diarmuid Whelan , Enda McWey, Shaun Fitzpatrick, Davin McEvoy, MJ Tierney , Charlie Whelan , Padraig McMahon , Ciaran Carroll, Colin Kinsella , Padraig Rafter, Adam Brennan, Stephen Thompson, Ben McDonald , Scott Conroy , Brian Whelan , Odhran Delaney, Jamie Whelan, John Rogers , James Keyes , Dylan Cuddy , Alan McWey

Also you have Darren Mulhall , Patrick Whelan and Killian Byrne who ALL started for Laois minor footballers this year but won't be eligible to play senior with Ballyroan till next year .

There is obviously a conveyer belt of talent coming through down there and Padraig Clancy is a lucky man with what he has coming through . They SHOULD be winning a number of senior championships in the near future . Obviously the arrangement with Abbeyleix is a help plus the help on an odd player from Colt but there is very few clubs In Laois that can boast a panel with depth like that and as I pointed out there is more to come through in the next few years .

town1980

To win any championship I don't think should is the word ,, heart desire will to win will to train that's why we were on top for so many years, by all accounts the players have bought into him and Saturday proved it but let's see consistency now I think you are blowing them up way to much I think joes will scrape through

town1980

Can someone here explain to me how we get to use differant people to sound out a new manager ,,fergal byron,Donie Norton ,Michael murphy picked john sugru why arent they picked to do the same job ??it makes know sense to me ,John sugru it looks like for me so i dont know why we need to interview him

High Fielder

Box ticking exercise. If all these people approve the appointment, then our CB are free from criticism. I think it also shows that we're fishing in shallow waters here. I can't imagine too many coaches outside of Laois would want the role. And there's nobody remotely qualified internally, except for Sugrue. By my reckoning that leaves Sugrue and your pick of the rest.

Saint 1963

You'd have to wonder what the hell CB officials are there to do! Four man review committee to look back on to the past and four more to look to the future!