New Longford Manager

Started by Dinny Breen, October 06, 2008, 01:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentalman

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 06, 2008, 02:29:26 PM
he will be assisted by Ambrose McGowan from Ballymahon

Ambrose had a shot at the Westmeath U-21s a few years back. Famously took off the entire half forward line at half time against Dublin in the Leinster semi-final in Navan, while Alan Brogan was running rings around the defense. Fancied himself as the "new" Luke Dempsey :)
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Owenmoresider

Quote from: LaurelEye on October 06, 2008, 11:19:16 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 06, 2008, 08:55:58 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 06, 2008, 03:03:20 PM
A dickey bird told me that Meath have been sniffing around Blessed Luke as well.

Desperate times in Meath!

What's Sligo local radio like? Will they give Luke airtime to moan ad nauseum about this, that and the other?
Post no. 1,000 being granted to Longfod matters, well really to go off on one about Ocean FM actually, so here goes:

I know ye refer to 'Roscommonside' radio, well ye don't have it that bad from what I do hear now and again, just be glad it's not our useless shower ye rely on. Would hardly bother with any club football barring the senior finals, a marginal improvement this year but so far off the MWR/Shannonside level it's untrue. Commentators are cat bad too,

Worse than Willie Hegarty?

Shudder....

Quotethat unctious cretin Farry telling the world of 'Manor Rangers' winning the Leitrim final yesterday, had to push his way in there so he could get some cheap propaganda ahead of running for the nutjobs in the locals next year.

Which nutjobs? You're not being specific enough there :)

QuoteThe sports shows are basically music shows with sports intervening now and again. So no, Luke won't be infecting the Collooney air with his warblings, but let us hope it won't come to that. God rest NWR, you don't know how much you'd miss something til it's gone.

Best of luck to Ryan with Longford, hopefully he'll bring ye on a bit.

As somebody said to me this evening, the advantage of Dempsey going to Sligo is that yis have no further to fall ;)
Oh I'd just try to block out half the stuff the bould Willie does come out with, but they do cover a lot of matches, which is better than nothing, which isn't far off what we get. E.g. c'ship quarter-finals live, we might get the odd HT/FT report here, and the connacht minor games were on SS, no word about it on Ocean. Granted their commentators mightn't be as difficult to decipher as Willie, but they are the kinda annoying cocky younger bucks, who aren't particularly good at describing a game. Last sunday's semi-final replay had a report at the end which went on for a good few mins, til the game itself concluded, and he only finally mentioned the actual score when summing up sometime after that. Never liked their Leitrim commentator in particular since the senior final last year, when he gave a blatant plug to the company-owned paper during the game, but it's typical of how they do things.

As to the nutjobs remark, well there's a lot of it on the county jersey there, that should help. ;)

We can't go much lower, considering we've lost to Waterford and London in competitive games in the past three seasons, maybe Kilkenny though... :o

North Longford

Am pretty happy with this appointment. Sounds like he has a fair trainer with him too........best in Ireland according to RoscommonSide this morning!!!.
Don't know much about Ambrose McGowan.....did he win a championship with Dromard?
Mickey Harkins I know a little better as he trained our U10's for a couple of years........him being a Colmcille man now. Obviousy he has done pretty well in his less arduous role with Abbey!
Whats the chances of Big Niall getting a call back .........panc56 might be able to answer that.!!!
Oh and welcome to the board panc56.

Croí na hÉireann

After playing under Lukie never understood the fuss made about him in some quarters. He was lucky to get some serious players with us at both underage and in 2001. Even in that year we were only a kick of a ball from going out in a couple of games. Will be interesting to see if things improve under Ryan...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on October 07, 2008, 09:20:39 AM
Am pretty happy with this appointment. Sounds like he has a fair trainer with him too........best in Ireland according to RoscommonSide this morning!!!.
Don't know much about Ambrose McGowan.....did he win a championship with Dromard?
Mickey Harkins I know a little better as he trained our U10's for a couple of years........him being a Colmcille man now. Obviousy he has done pretty well in his less arduous role with Abbey!

I'd say there are tears being shed all over Abbeylara as we speak at his (presumed) departure. The dressing room doors in Pearse Park might need reinforcement, though :)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

Ex-Dromard coaches, ex-Abbey coaches - are we in for an anti-football county team?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...