Tony Griffin Cycle

Started by bottlethrower7, May 15, 2007, 03:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Had posted this a few weeks ago myself.

He started last week I believe and has made it to Calgary already. He'll be in Toronto on June 9th I think where there will be a big fund-raising night for him

bottlethrower7

might do the Irish leg. Would be nice to take part in something that worthwhile.

Oh, and for those wondering, Griffin is a Clare hurler.

And for those still wondering, hurling the other main GAA sport.

INDIANA

you wouldn't know it was part of the same organisation here- they don't seem to play hurling in ulster

Uladh

Quote from: INDIANA on May 15, 2007, 03:23:58 PM
you wouldn't know it was part of the same organisation here- they don't seem to play hurling in ulster

It was a close run thing there in the late eighties with antrim and all but we got just about slipped the net, thank god...

the colonel

hold on there indiana, just because we have not much coverage there is still plenty of hurling going on.

fair play to armagh on sunday. great to see them in the hurling championship
the difference between success and failure is energy

gallsman

Quote from: the colonel on May 15, 2007, 03:35:36 PM
hold on there indiana, just because we have not much coverage there is still plenty of hurling going on.

fair play to armagh on sunday. great to see them in the hurling championship

Certainly is, I had the (dis) pleasure of having to mark Declan Coulter a few years ago in a school's match and I'd have to say he's a hurler who'd grace any stage.

SimpleSimon

He definitely is and he's not on his own. I was glad to see him produce the goods on the big stage

gallsman

Quote from: SimpleSimon on May 16, 2007, 12:19:46 AM
He definitely is and he's not on his own. I was glad to see him produce the goods on the big stage

There were certainly a few handy hurlers on that College team. Cahal Carville (who I believe is Queen's Law Society President elect?) was on it too and was outstanding at midfield.