Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

You, Yew and Ewe

The seven teams competing for the Junior Championship begin their round robin matches this weekend.

Group A
Friday, 19:30, Celtic Park: Glack -v-Doire Colmcille
Saturday, 13:00, Owenbeg: Drum -v- Sean Dolan's

Group B
Saturday, 14:30, Owenbeg: Ardmore -v- Moneymore
Magilligan - bye

Any predictions?

square_ball

Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on August 05, 2019, 02:47:58 PM
I'm hearing Loup may have a new management team for their game v Magherafelt Thursday pm

Is this true? Who's got that job now?

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on August 06, 2019, 12:20:25 PM
Champion the Donkey, I don't know what you are talking about, as for Braveheart I don't think naming players is the type of thing you should be at.  Declan was provoked the whole game.
You haven't changed much over the past thirty years, I f member a young Joe Cassidy getting the treatment from the Swatragh bully boy of the time

Aye, I remember reading about that in the Irish News, a week before they published a clarification.

You do the Tones a massive disservice.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: You, Yew and Ewe on August 06, 2019, 02:04:59 PM
The seven teams competing for the Junior Championship begin their round robin matches this weekend.

Group A
Friday, 19:30, Celtic Park: Glack -v-Doire Colmcille
Saturday, 13:00, Owenbeg: Drum -v- Sean Dolan's

Group B
Saturday, 14:30, Owenbeg: Ardmore -v- Moneymore
Magilligan - bye

Any predictions?

Sad that Ogra can't field, should be a massive concern for the GAA as a whole. There must be some way small clubs can be guaranteed survival. Over 100 years of history gone, more than most of the clubs in the county.

BuzzKill (Version II)

Senior Championship dates have been announced

Friday 6 September, 8pm @ Owenbeg - Lavey v Greenlough

Saturday 7 September, 2.30 & 4pm @ Glen - Banagher v Bellaghy - Glenullin v Swatragh
Saturday 7 September, 6.30 & 8pm @ Owenbeg - Ballinderry v Dungiven - Magherafelt v Coleraine

Sunday 8 September, 1.30pm @ Bellaghy - Newbridge v Slaughneil
Sunday 8 September, 6 & 7.30pm @ Owenbeg - Kilrea v Ballinascreen - Glen v Loup

theticklemister

Quote from: BuzzKill (Version II) on August 07, 2019, 03:25:29 PM
Senior Championship dates have been announced

Friday 6 September, 8pm @ Owenbeg - Lavey v Greenlough

Saturday 7 September, 2.30 & 4pm @ Glen - Banagher v Bellaghy - Glenullin v Swatragh
Saturday 7 September, 6.30 & 8pm @ Owenbeg - Ballinderry v Dungiven - Magherafelt v Coleraine

Sunday 8 September, 1.30pm @ Bellaghy - Newbridge v Slaughneil
Sunday 8 September, 6 & 7.30pm @ Owenbeg - Kilrea v Ballinascreen - Glen v Loup

f**k I miss those days me and my mate you to spend driving around the county for the weekend watching football games

Rawhide

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on August 06, 2019, 09:48:46 PM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on August 06, 2019, 12:20:25 PM
Champion the Donkey, I don't know what you are talking about, as for Braveheart I don't think naming players is the type of thing you should be at.  Declan was provoked the whole game.
You haven't changed much over the past thirty years, I f member a young Joe Cassidy getting the treatment from the Swatragh bully boy of the time

Aye, I remember reading about that in the Irish News, a week before they published a clarification.

You do the Tones a massive disservice.

He does indeed, he lets the 'Tones' down, unfortunately Artie does the same for us. Thought it was very competitive game, quality certainly could have been better and we did brilliantly to win in injury time.
cccc is a true supporter lol

ONEDerry

Nice clip of the Glenullin v Newbridge game doing the rounds. Dirty low blow from behind a man. Real manly stuff. No doubt the fault will be with whoever took the footage for some people.

BackInTheGame

Quote from: ONEDerry on August 08, 2019, 11:45:35 PM
Nice clip of the Glenullin v Newbridge game doing the rounds. Dirty low blow from behind a man. Real manly stuff. No doubt the fault will be with whoever took the footage for some people.
Punching a man in the back of the head is a dirty action, but it's the way he was primed and ready to run away as soon as he connected that really got me.

Cowardice.

Newbridge Exile

I was at the game and only caught it out if the corner of my eye, as cowardly a hit I have seen in my time  watching football

seanyb1

Dirty action. A pure coward of a man. Could have caused that lad serious damage, hopefully he's ok.

Keyser soze

Can you stick it up please.

oakleaflad

Is the fella ok? Could have broke his jaw the way he was hit. Cowardly act, as bad as I've seen on a field. Nothing manly about it.

the half-time show

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 09, 2019, 11:00:19 AM

Can you stick it up please.
https://twitter.com/okanedarrell/status/1159739454850064384

Cowardly act, but will no doubt be match by the cowardice of the disciplinary action meted out.  Have seen some disgraceful incidents on the field in the last couple of years and yet nothing is done.  Only a matter of time until a serious incident occurs if players are allowed to get away with actions like this (including bites, eye gougings and attempted castrations along with mass brawls and assaults on officials) without any proper consequences.

tonesfirstandlast

It's just that time of the year again, nothing new in it, Harry Tohill the referee was struck after a game in Faughanvale recently, reports of a fight with coaches at Dungiven U14 championship game anĀ£ there were a few Judas punches threw in our game with Swatragh last Sunday. We all have them.