Connacht Club Championships 2016

Started by revsperminute, October 07, 2016, 01:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duine Eile

Quote from: Syferus on October 10, 2016, 09:00:04 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on October 10, 2016, 08:45:40 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 10, 2016, 06:39:53 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 10, 2016, 11:13:54 AM
Corofin are 1/10 to win in Galway and then even money for Connacht. Looking at the staring 15 and subs yesterday that is a very strong panel at this level.

I can't see any betting on the AI, anyone seen the odds anywhere?

Kieran Fitzgerald going for his 11th county SFC medal in the final.

And it's hard to see him not getting that 11th medal, they are a seriously impressive outfit, you have to stand back and admire the way they play, they have 2 of the greatest kick passers of the ball in the county in Ronan Steede and Michael Farragher, there's Kieran Molloy playing wing back who I'd say we could see in maroon next year and Gary Sice was brilliant to mention just a few. I can't see Salthill having any way to beat them to be honest.

If Mitchels can do it plenty of teams can.

I can tell you now Salthill won't beat them, when they come up against the Mayo/Sligo champs it could be a different story but within Galway at the minute there's nobody to touch them. Who would be favourites to win the Mayo championship?

muppet

Quote from: Duine Eile on October 10, 2016, 09:46:26 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 10, 2016, 09:00:04 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on October 10, 2016, 08:45:40 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 10, 2016, 06:39:53 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 10, 2016, 11:13:54 AM
Corofin are 1/10 to win in Galway and then even money for Connacht. Looking at the staring 15 and subs yesterday that is a very strong panel at this level.

I can't see any betting on the AI, anyone seen the odds anywhere?

Kieran Fitzgerald going for his 11th county SFC medal in the final.

And it's hard to see him not getting that 11th medal, they are a seriously impressive outfit, you have to stand back and admire the way they play, they have 2 of the greatest kick passers of the ball in the county in Ronan Steede and Michael Farragher, there's Kieran Molloy playing wing back who I'd say we could see in maroon next year and Gary Sice was brilliant to mention just a few. I can't see Salthill having any way to beat them to be honest.

If Mitchels can do it plenty of teams can.

I can tell you now Salthill won't beat them, when they come up against the Mayo/Sligo champs it could be a different story but within Galway at the minute there's nobody to touch them. Who would be favourites to win the Mayo championship?

Mitchels have lost some key players, but are still in the mix. Ballintubber and Breaffy probably the next two.

I have a feeling Breaffy might finally do it.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Have Aghavas conceded to Louisburgh?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Any Mayo people like to comment on the hypocrisy of the Connacht senior club being pushed back to suit Mayo not being able to complete their championship on time but the Connacht intermediate not being rearranged when there was a draw in the Roscommon final last week? Roscommon champions will have to play the replay on Saturday and the Connacht match on Sunday.

f**k you, John.

Bod Mor

Quote from: Syferus on October 18, 2016, 11:02:17 PM
Any Mayo people like to comment on the hypocrisy of the Connacht senior club being pushed back to suit Mayo not being able to complete their championship on time but the Connacht intermediate not being rearranged when there was a draw in the Roscommon final last week? Roscommon champions will have to play the replay on Saturday and the Connacht match on Sunday.

f**k you, John.

Ah come off it. If any of the Mayo senior semi championship games are a draw or the final is a draw, they'll be asked to back it up Saturday/Sunday the following week too.
The bigger issue is that catches the fixtures scheduling commitee by surprise every year. Even at county level. You'd swear the chances of draws are nil. The various proposals have been done to death by now so there is no point getting into that here.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 18, 2016, 09:33:49 PM
Haven't played the junior final in Leitrim yet so may be focusing on winning that and getting out of junior, if that's the case.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 19, 2016, 08:50:47 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 18, 2016, 09:33:49 PM
Haven't played the junior final in Leitrim yet so may be focusing on winning that and getting out of junior, if that's the case.
Thanks for that.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Bod Mor on October 19, 2016, 04:25:44 AM
Quote from: Syferus on October 18, 2016, 11:02:17 PM

f**k you, John.

Ah come off it. If any of the Mayo senior semi championship games are a draw or the final is a draw, they'll be asked to back it up Saturday/Sunday the following week too.
The bigger issue is that catches the fixtures scheduling commitee by surprise every year. Even at county level. You'd swear the chances of draws are nil. The various proposals have been done to death by now so there is no point getting into that here.

Why weren't Mayo forced to do the same when they kept kicking the can of club championship rounds down the road in the vain hope it would win them a senior IC AI? The fact is that shows far more disregard for club than a fùcking draw does. It's one of many cases of favouritism shown by Bekan to Mayo over ever other county in Connacht.

Rossfan

Kilmore by Oran 2-16 to 1-11 after extra time today. We're 1-5 to 0-0 down early in the game.
Having finished an 80 minute game at around 4pm today they now have to play the Galway Champions at 1pm tomorrow.
Well done Prenty and the useless Ros delegated to the Connacht Council.
Where's the Player Welfare people? Effn CC should be prosecuted >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

I take it the McCarron thread has been deleted due to the libelous postings of Seafoid and Syferus?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Rossfan on October 22, 2016, 09:27:57 PM
Kilmore by Oran 2-16 to 1-11 after extra time today. We're 1-5 to 0-0 down early in the game.
Having finished an 80 minute game at around 4pm today they now have to play the Galway Champions at 1pm tomorrow.
same situation happened with the Donegal intermediate champions Burt. They won after a replay in extra time and the Ulster council ignored their request to push their Ulster championship game back. I really don't know why these provincial championships are rushed off when the All Ireland series doesn't commence until the new year.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 22, 2016, 10:44:31 PM
same situation happened with the Donegal intermediate champions Burt. They won after a replay in extra time and the Ulster council ignored their request to push their Ulster championship game back. I really don't know why these provincial championships are rushed off when the All Ireland series doesn't commence until the new year.

Because the provincial councils are ran by incompetent, corrupt fools.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 22, 2016, 10:44:31 PM
The junior and intermediate comps have their semi finals in mid January so it's a bit earlier than the senior to be fair, but a weeks delaywouldn't do much harm all the same.

macdanger2

You'd have to wonder how a 16 team (?) competition takes until the middle of October to run off though

galwayman

It's very unfair on the clubs involved. No doubt about that.
Individual county boards need to take responsibility though and get their houses in order and play off their championships earlier.
Most counties are gone out of the All Ireland race by the August bank holiday weekend.
My own club were knocked out of c'ship at semi final stage.Played hardly any games league or championship for over 3 months - then played 4 championship games on successive weekends.
Our quarter final was level after 60 mins - were told if game was level after ET then 2 further periods of ET would be played.
If still no winner - we replay on Wednesday night with the winners out again on the Saturday.
County boards cannot assume that draws will not happen because they always do.