Peter Robinson steps down as First Minister!

Started by under the bar, August 16, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: foxcommander on June 18, 2014, 07:29:23 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2014, 07:20:30 PM
Maybe the black chap was a Catholic.  ::)
Peter shows his true face again

Do the local residents have a right to be angry? Do you know the full story on why they have protested?
The full story on why they have protested? Racism. No f**king excuses. Racism. This man has lived in Belfast for four years. He is a local. He is a charity worker. His contribution to society in his four years here no doubt would substantially outweigh the combined contribution of all the racists protesting outside what WOULD have been his home. I'm just hearing on the news now that he has now decided he doesn't feel safe enough to take this house and now has no idea where he will live. A crying shame. Sad to see any poster coming on here and trying to echo the coward that is Peter Robinson by suggesting this protest wasn't motivated by racism. At least Robinson has an excuse; he has to keep the knuckle dragging racists and fleggers on side and away from Jim Allister's clutches. What's your excuse fox? Interesting too that the UUP election leaflet in the area carried the same slogan that these racists plastered over this man's would-be home: "Local houses for local people". Today demonstrates once again that the two main unionist parties are just whole hearted participants in a race to the bottom in their attempts to woo the bigot vote. Some "leadership". And so much for Robinson's (belated) politicians apology over his comments about the Muslim community.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

imtommygunn

Sectarianism is just another form of racism so no surprise.

Robinson is either a) completely stupid or b) completely unashamed. You decide...

You thought he couldn't stoop any lower and here he goes.

foxcommander

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 18, 2014, 10:43:45 PM
The full story on why they have protested? Racism. No f**king excuses. Racism. This man has lived in Belfast for four years. He is a local. He is a charity worker. His contribution to society in his four years here no doubt would substantially outweigh the combined contribution of all the racists protesting outside what WOULD have been his home. I'm just hearing on the news now that he has now decided he doesn't feel safe enough to take this house and now has no idea where he will live. A crying shame. Sad to see any poster coming on here and trying to echo the coward that is Peter Robinson by suggesting this protest wasn't motivated by racism. At least Robinson has an excuse; he has to keep the knuckle dragging racists and fleggers on side and away from Jim Allister's clutches. What's your excuse fox? Interesting too that the UUP election leaflet in the area carried the same slogan that these racists plastered over this man's would-be home: "Local houses for local people". Today demonstrates once again that the two main unionist parties are just whole hearted participants in a race to the bottom in their attempts to woo the bigot vote. Some "leadership". And so much for Robinson's (belated) politicians apology over his comments about the Muslim community.

Hold on a second Nally - I just asked if they had any merit to their protest, I wasn't endorsing it.
I just watched some video footage on the BBC website. If this guy has a job then why is he getting a free house? Can someone explain?
I don't think you could be surprised that people get pissed off when they see someone jumping a queue.
The manner in which they went about it is totally wrong though.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

THE MIGHTY QUINN

It wouldn't be a free house, he would have to pay rent

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on June 18, 2014, 11:47:54 PM

Hold on a second Nally - I just asked if they had any merit to their protest, I wasn't endorsing it.
I just watched some video footage on the BBC website. If this guy has a job then why is he getting a free house? Can someone explain?
I don't think you could be surprised that people get pissed off when they see someone jumping a queue.
Who's jumping a queue?

foxcommander

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on June 18, 2014, 11:51:12 PM
It wouldn't be a free house, he would have to pay rent

I have no idea what the story is with the NI housing or how it works. If that's the case then their beef must be that he jumped the queue (or so they think). It's really down to the housing committee to explain their decision to the "protesters".

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 19, 2014, 12:05:26 AM

Who's jumping a queue?
There was a waiting list mentioned on the BBC news, whether that's true or not.

ziggysego

Quote from: foxcommander on June 19, 2014, 12:09:11 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 19, 2014, 12:05:26 AM

Who's jumping a queue?
There was a waiting list mentioned on the BBC news, whether that's true or not.

It's not a first come, first served allocation fox. You are awarded points for certain criteria and get a placed in a queue according to that. You're position can changed according to others who come onto the list.

I don't know the ins and outs of this particular case and why Michael Abiona was awarded certain points. I would safely guess that neither did the people protesting outside the house he was allocated in East Belfast.
Testing Accessibility

foxcommander

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 19, 2014, 04:04:15 AM
You are given an opportunity to view the property or accommodation in question and you either have to accept or decline the offer within a few days of it being made. If you decline, you can be given up to another two offers in due course which you could accept (bear in mind these offers may not be as desirable as any previous offer you've turned down). If you decline three offers in a row without a very good reason, your points get wiped and you go down to the bottom of the list for the areas you have applied for.

F me! Look what you could have won....

That process sounds bloody complicated.

foxcommander

Quote from: ziggysego on June 19, 2014, 12:21:09 AM
It's not a first come, first served allocation fox. You are awarded points for certain criteria and get a placed in a queue according to that. You're position can changed according to others who come onto the list.

I don't know the ins and outs of this particular case and why Michael Abiona was awarded certain points. I would safely guess that neither did the people protesting outside the house he was allocated in East Belfast.

Fionntamhnacht did a good job explaining the process. I'm sure Mr Abiona might want to pass on this particular offer if he's got 2 more shots at it.

Again this situation does highlight the need for debate on integration and immigration both north and south of the border.

Kidder81

Quote from: foxcommander on June 19, 2014, 04:29:52 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 19, 2014, 12:21:09 AM

Fionntamhnacht did a good job explaining the process. I'm sure Mr Abiona might want to pass on this particular offer if he's got 2 more shots at it.

Again this situation does highlight the need for debate on integration and immigration both north and south of the border.

No no you can't discuss immigration otherwise you will be labelled as a BNP supporter. Best just to pretend it isn't happening.

imtommygunn

People are very quick to label people who question any situation regarding anyone foreign a racist these days...

I would however say these people know nothing about his points, where anyone is in any queue etc etc. Why have they got any moral high ground would be another question?

muppet

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 19, 2014, 09:05:06 AM
People are very quick to label people who question any situation regarding anyone foreign a racist these days...

I would however say these people know nothing about his points, where anyone is in any queue etc etc. Why have they got any moral high ground would be another question?

But what is it then when someone is victimised by a local mob specifically because they are not local or of the same race as the locals?

MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

Quote from: muppet on June 19, 2014, 11:27:30 AM

But what is it then when someone is victimised by a local mob specifically because they are not local or of the same race as the locals?

muppet

Quote from: LeoMc on June 19, 2014, 11:37:43 AM
Quote from: muppet on June 19, 2014, 11:27:30 AM

MWWSI 2017