Peter Robinson steps down as First Minister!

Started by under the bar, August 16, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apparently so

The North really does depress me. I don't think it will be long until we are back to war again. 2016 could set a lot of shite off. The Loyalists paranoia will be through the roof by that stage

orangeman

Some rowing done this past week.

Northern Ireland First Minister Peter Robinson has made a public apology for any offence caused to Muslims by his defence of Pastor James McConnell.

He was speaking after he met Muslim community leaders following the row over his remarks on Islam.

It comes after he defended comments made by the pastor who called Islam "heathen" and "satanic".

"I apologise face to face, personally, man to man, the way it should be done," he said.

Speaking outside Belfast Islamic Centre on Tuesday evening, after his private meeting, Mr Robinson said that he respected the people he had met and understood just how important a role they played.

"This society does depend on people from ethnic and religious minorities for the day-to-day life of our province," he said.

"I can't spend the rest of my life apologising, but what I can do is spend the rest of my life building the united community in Northern Ireland," Mr Robinson said.

He added that he now wanted to draw a line under the matter.

charlieTully

Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2014, 08:39:52 PM

Northern Ireland First Minister Peter Robinson has made a public apology for any offence caused to Muslims by his defence of Pastor James McConnell.

He was speaking after he met Muslim community leaders following the row over his remarks on Islam.

It comes after he defended comments made by the pastor who called Islam "heathen" and "satanic".

"I apologise face to face, personally, man to man, the way it should be done," he said.

Speaking outside Belfast Islamic Centre on Tuesday evening, after his private meeting, Mr Robinson said that he respected the people he had met and understood just how important a role they played.

"This society does depend on people from ethnic and religious minorities for the day-to-day life of our province," he said.

"I can't spend the rest of my life apologising, but what I can do is spend the rest of my life building the united community in Northern Ireland," Mr Robinson said.

fair play, wont be holding my breath for an apology from the pastor, but if he did then a line could possibly be drawn under the matter.

Rossfan

Quote from: foxcommander on June 03, 2014, 06:04:11 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 03, 2014, 04:54:46 PM
Allister and UKIP got nearly 100,000 votes between them - approx one third of the Unionist Vote.
How many Nationalist votes went to bigoted extremist racist parties?

Whatever about the TUV i don't think you can say that about the UKIP.
You should check a dictionary about what that word actually means before spouting it freely like you normally do.
What are you talking about?
What word?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: give her dixie on June 03, 2014, 01:18:15 PM
How can this illness of hatred be cured?

Have a look in the mirror and tell us what you figure out #thejews

give her dixie

Quote from: charlieTully on June 03, 2014, 08:54:27 PM
Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2014, 08:39:52 PM

fair play, wont be holding my breath for an apology from the pastor, but if he did then a line could possibly be drawn under the matter.

It took him a while, but hey, fair play to him for apologising publicly.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on June 03, 2014, 09:46:13 PM
Allister and UKIP got nearly 100,000 votes between them - approx one third of the Unionist Vote.

You should check a dictionary about what that word actually means before spouting it freely like you normally do.
What word?

You seem to call everyone a racist if you don't agree with them.
Are you saying all UKIP voters are racist? That's nearly 25% of the voters in the UK euro elections.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

RealSpiritof98

Fair play my ass, how long did it take. The man is a dinosaur, a man so hungry for power that he cut paisley off at the knees and has continuously shown that he's not fit to lead our community as a whole. What other politician loses their MP status and stays as party header. The quicker Arlene gets in the better, no doubt Nigel has aspirations at the top job (god help us).

This country will struggle to move  on until there is some real leadership for the loyalists. They got away with hatred for so long its intwined in their communities. I work with a few "loyalists" and get on perfectly well with them. We've been chatting about the world Cup recently and I was amazed at their attitude regarding south American countries, the 1st thing 2 of the lads said was 'Brazil that's full of catholics', I said 'what do you mean I thought it was full of Brazilians' somewhat winding him, to which he replied 'you know like Spain and Italy'.

One if the lads in work goes out with a Catholic girl from Camlough, I asked him did he get any shit from from his mates, he said 'no just slagging but my da cracked up and my granny wont speak to me'.:-/

I tried to get him to come to the Athletic Grounds this week as he enjoyed the Down/Tyrone game on TV, he politely refused but did mention WTF was the commentator on about a black card, he never shut up about it. the joys if sidebottom  :-[

AZOffaly

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on June 04, 2014, 09:55:36 AM
Fair play my ass, how long did it take. The man is a dinosaur, a man so hungry for power that he cut paisley off at the knees and has continuously shown that he's not fit to lead our community as a whole. What other politician loses their MP status and stays as party header. The quicker Arlene gets in the better, no doubt Nigel has aspirations at the top job (god help us).

This country will struggle to move  on until there is some real leadership for the loyalists. They got away with hatred for so long its intwined in their communities. I work with a few "loyalists" and get on perfectly well with them. We've been chatting about the world Cup recently and I was amazed at their attitude regarding south American countries, the 1st thing 2 of the lads said was 'Brazil that's full of catholics', I said 'what do you mean I thought it was full of Brazilians' somewhat winding him, to which he replied 'you know like Spain and Italy'.

One if the lads in work goes out with a Catholic girl from Camlough, I asked him did he get any shit from from his mates, he said 'no just slagging but my da cracked up and my granny wont speak to me'.:-/

I tried to get him to come to the Athletic Grounds this week as he enjoyed the Down/Tyrone game on TV, he politely refused but did mention WTF was the commentator on about a black card, he never shut up about it. the joys if sidebottom  :-[

Excuse me asking, but would you be Catholic yourself Spirit? and if so do they know this?

screenexile

Quote from: charlieTully on June 03, 2014, 07:16:42 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 03, 2014, 04:59:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuPvHKX9MTA&autoplay=1&app=desktop

http://www.youtube.com/user/63gc?annotation_id=channel%3A51884649-0-254e-8523-47d7b3a88f6&feature=iv&src_vid=TuPvHKX9MTA

this is what you are using as your source screenexile?

Not really... some Loyalist fired it at me when I made a comment on a Willie Frazer post.

I should have known better than to even go near it but sometimes you just can't help yourself!!

Nally Stand

Fair play my ass, how long did it take. The man is a dinosaur
+1. A dangerous individual.

The quicker Arlene gets in the better
-1. She makes Gregory Campbell seem decent and fair minded. She is a smug, hateful, bigoted, arrogant witch. This backfiring on Arlene was one of the most satisfying moments in recent election history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBcBQqyWMqk
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 04, 2014, 10:05:46 AM
-1. She makes Gregory Campbell seem decent and fair minded. She is a smug, hateful, bigoted, arrogant witch. This backfiring on Arlene was one of the most satisfying moments in recent election history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBcBQqyWMqk

Is there a video of the smug look being wiped of her face?

imtommygunn

It's pretty unashamed hatred these days too. They've even given up trying to cover it up.

I see with these parades (Robinson missed the debate in parliament to go and discuss the Twaddel parade) the DUP (Dodds and Robinson I think) have been grouped with Hutchinson and some UPRG guy (or whatever you call them) and been talking to the parades commission.  It sounds like their parade will "get home".

Again quite unashamed from the DUP. Apparently they can't work with SF as they are terrorists yet Billy Hutchinson who openly talked about how him killing 2 catholics helped stop a united ireland they can deal with. They can forget the past when it suits them but not when it doesn't.

Sure as per any of this no one will pull them on it and they will just do what they like.

Rossfan

Quote from: foxcommander on June 03, 2014, 10:36:26 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 03, 2014, 09:46:13 PM

What word?

You seem to call everyone a racist if you don't agree with them.  NO I BLOODY WELL DON'T
Are you saying all UKIP voters are racist? That's nearly 25% of the voters in the UK euro elections. IF THEY VOTE FOR XENOPHOBIC "ANTI FOREIGNER" PARTY.......
An awful lot of Germans voted NSDAP ( Nazis) in 1929-1933.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM