Peter Robinson steps down as First Minister!

Started by under the bar, August 16, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: All of a Sludden on June 02, 2014, 02:54:59 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 02, 2014, 02:38:03 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27667937

Interesting to see this happen. On one hand you think fair play to him while on the other hand you think maybe you shouldn't have vented so much in the first place.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/preacher-at-ian-paisleys-former-church-denounces-islam-as-a-wicked-religion-30321153.html

Just a week after a scandal was sparked by a preacher slating Islam as "satanic", a second preacher has launched a broadside against the faith.

The minister at Lord Bannside's former church, Martyr's Memorial Free Presbyterian in east Belfast, has blasted Islam as a "violent intolerant wicked religion".

The Rev Ian Brown was speaking at a recent Sunday evening service in defence of Pastor James McConnell, whom he described as a "prophet".

The Free Presbyterian minister told his flock last Sunday evening he felt the situation had become "thoroughly ridiculous".

In an sermon posted on the Martyr's Memorial website, Rev Brown is heard saying: "Now the allies and sympathisers of Islam are up on their hind legs; what we can call that secularist Taliban who dominate our medium, they are sharpening their literary sabres and they are swinging for him, their attempt at their own version of a verbal hanging with a couple of blistering attacks which were passed off as interviews on the Nolan radio and television shows."

He blamed "anti-Christian intolerance" for the row.

"This all becoming thoroughly ridiculous.

Bizarre," he added. "I'm thinking of the core of this controversy, at the heart of this firestorm that has erupted over the past week, is intolerance.

"And this intolerance did not come from Mr McConnell... anti-Christian intolerance is alive and kicking in our world today."

He also attacked Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness.

"Is it not hugely ironic that one of his loudest critics is Martin McGuinness, of IRA/Sinn Fein, who now has the nerve to stand up and present himself... whenever the terrorists organisation, of which he was a part, murdered people in this city, such as the young academic Edgar Graham," he said.

"They were judge, jury and executioner in this country, so this is so sweet coming from a leader of a band of murderous thugs who rode to political power on the back of a campaign of terror which left hundreds murdered and thousands injured."

Rev Brown next turned his attention to the main Protestant churches, accusing them as "hollow love and no truth". However the minister reserved his sternest words for Islam.

"People in the west need to know that the image of Islam as a violent intolerant wicked religion is in fact true and growing more so every day," he told his congregation.

"It is violent, it is religion that was born out of violence".

Background

Two Sundays ago Pastor James McConnell told his congregation at Whitewell Metropolitan Tabernacle in north Belfast that Islam was "satanic" and a "doctrine spawned in hell". The sermon was inspired by an incident in Sudan, during which a young mother was sentenced to 100 lashes and death for refusing to renounce her Christian faith.

The pastor's words sparked an outcry and demands for an apology from the Muslim community in Belfast. Police are investigating the remarks as possible hate crime. The row intensified after Peter Robinson said the pastor had his backing.

It's open season on Muslims and Islam by the looks of it.

I wonder how long we will have to wait until another man of the cloth lets rip........
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

johnneycool

If it fills those pews, then it'll not be long.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: johnneycool on June 02, 2014, 03:25:46 PM
If it fills those pews collection plates, then it'll not be long.

Fixed that for you!

johnneycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 02, 2014, 03:32:42 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 02, 2014, 03:25:46 PM
If it fills those pews collection plates, then it'll not be long.

Fixed that for you!

The free Ps don't have collection plates, direct debit is the way.

Matthew Ian 6:3
When you give alms your left hand shouldn't know how much the direct debit is set up for.

theskull1

I had the Jahoova's call to my door yesterday trying to tell me about how the world was going to stop all the suffering........I think he was glad to get rid of me by the time I'd finished with him....I have that affect on people generally though  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on June 02, 2014, 04:34:11 PM
I had the Jahoova's call to my door yesterday trying to tell me about how the world was going to stop all the suffering........I think he was glad to get rid of me by the time I'd finished with him....I have that affect on people generally though  :)

I love it when they call!! tell them you are a Catholic is a red rag to a bull, some craic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 02, 2014, 09:02:26 PM

I love it when they call!! tell them you are a Catholic is a red rag to a bull, some craic

My father brings them in for a chat. He then starts to dispute their version of events by insisting that the authors of The Bible were merely the journalists of the day. This never goes down well.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

They used to call at my door too. Telling me that Jesus loves me and in the Gardens of Heaven, I'll be able to run through the grass with Jesus and be 6ft tall.

He once asked me if I wanted to go in a van with him to a JW meeting in Kildare. I told him under no circumstances was I getting into the back of a van with him or anyone of them.
Testing Accessibility

give her dixie

How can this illness of hatred be cured?

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

AZOffaly

I've commented before on some of the people on that PUL page, but they are absolutely disgraceful. Absolutely ignorant, bigotted, bile filled excuses for human beings. And this isn't even 'trolling'. These people are putting these comments on their own personal pages with names and photos clearly visible. How could any employer even look at any of these apes and consider hiring them?

Rossfan

Sadly in the 6Cos the so called leaders of Unionism always pander to these absolute vile shitbags of alleged humans.
Of course if there were any standards on these social media thingys crap like that would be deleted and the perpetrators immediately closed down.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

All of a Sludden

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2014, 01:29:27 PM
I've commented before on some of the people on that PUL page, but they are absolutely disgraceful. Absolutely ignorant, bigotted, bile filled excuses for human beings. And this isn't even 'trolling'. These people are putting these comments on their own personal pages with names and photos clearly visible. How could any employer even look at any of these apes and consider hiring them?

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

imtommygunn

That's about the level of the people that are outside the city hall every saturday protesting.

There was a big opportunity for Robinson to speak out and distance himself here and he hasn't. Every time there is something which clouds him or his party he stays silent.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 03, 2014, 01:40:19 PM
That's about the level of the people that are outside the city hall every saturday protesting.

There was a big opportunity for Robinson to speak out and distance himself here and he hasn't. Every time there is something which clouds him or his party he stays silent.

His silence speaks volumes.