Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Thanks Redzone so Ronan is just unlucky because of the alphabet.Could see him come on tonight and turn it on.

redzone

Do you think ronan has the speed to play in the full forward line. I don't. Neither does Harte, or he would be on. Has probably more skill than any other player on the panel.

redhandefender

awful shite tonight, relegation beckons I see this year ending in a horrible mess

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: redhandefender on February 24, 2018, 09:25:18 PM
awful shite tonight, relegation beckons I see this year ending in a horrible mess

Was poor, I was frustrated watching that in the freezing cold. Good to see Colm back who In the final minutes of the game he was trying shout at the robots to push out and break the structure, pressure the ball to try and win the game. Lot of soul searching to do. The Donegal game is now make or break for the season, because if Tyrone get relegated I can't see them challenging. They should reach the super 8s which I expect, but as Mickey says Division 2 teams don't win All Ireland's
Living the dream!!!

skeog

The only team thats going to be winning All Irelands is Dublin for the next few years.Tyrone will still survive with wins over Donegal and Kerry imo.Even the last game in Mayo would be 50/50.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: skeog on February 24, 2018, 09:59:52 PM
The only team thats going to be winning All Irelands is Dublin for the next few years.Tyrone will still survive with wins over Donegal and Kerry imo.Even the last game in Mayo would be 50/50.

Did you watch that tonight? What makes you think things will improve to beat Donegal or Kerry. Mayo I think is a winnable game, watching Dublin game vs them now and they look vulnerable.
Living the dream!!!

Aaron Boone

Edged out tonight just like we edged out Kildare a fortnight ago. I wouldn't be confident of staying up but 4 pts might be enough, that sort of year.

redzone

We always improve as the ground hardens. Very rarely play that well in the league. Yes that was terrible to watch at times, especially up front. Only watched the first half but f**k I don't see what conal mccann brings to the team, never have

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Not looking great in terms of staying in Division 1. Interesting tweet from Sean Mor tonight. "Never judge on league but Tyrone have so much more potential. A more confident & offensive approach would have won tonight". I'd doubt it's a particularly happy camp.

Tyrone Gaa

Seen Sean's tweet, I read that as a wee dig at Harte!! "A more confident and offensive approach would have won tonight"!!

If that's not taking aim at Mickey I'm not sure what is. Colm will probably come home and ask him to tone it down. Sean maybe free from the regime but Colm is still there.
Living the dream!!!

longballin

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 24, 2018, 10:44:36 PM
Seen Sean's tweet, I read that as a wee dig at Harte!! "A more confident and offensive approach would have won tonight"!!

If that's not taking aim at Mickey I'm not sure what is. Colm will probably come home and ask him to tone it down. Sean maybe free from the regime but Colm is still there.

That's how I read it. Sean has said recently they were "slaves to a system" last year.

bigtogs

Quote from: longballin on February 24, 2018, 10:46:55 PM

That's how I read it. Sean has said recently they were "slaves to a system" last year.

only in from the game and watching what i seen tonight is....i cant disagree with what Sean has said.....depressing stuff......

bgal10

Doesnt matter what our approach is, we're still nowhere near potent or clinical enough up front! When we do get the chances we don't put them away often enough!

bigtogs

Quote from: bgal10 on February 24, 2018, 11:05:29 PM
Doesnt matter what our approach is, we're still nowhere near potent or clinical enough up front! When we do get the chances we don't put them away often enough!

Team playing with zero confidence and hands tied behind their back.....i am fed up with the crap we are being forced to watch....get out and play for gods sake if your beat your beat....

Scoring Zone

Quote from: longballin on February 24, 2018, 10:46:55 PM

Agree with a lot of the above but Sean was 33-34 last year, your a grown man, the captain, speak the f**k up internally and challenge Harte internally, saying that now is an easy option- all I see in this team is a bunch of young sheep that would walk out on the pitch backwards if Harte wanted it and the majority (outside 7-8)  are more interested in being involved with the setup and all the extra crap that comes with it (social media, gear, boots, status, interviews etc.) than being ruthless winners and challenging the status quo, ie - the Dublin game, the early goal mentally destroyed them there wasn't a hand laid on Dublin to try and compete, they just lay down and took a hiding, the rosary thing - not sure if it is still going on but I find it hard to believe that a group of 40 can agree on doing this before each game.

But in general its pretty simple, we DO NOT have the players to compete against the top 3 (or the top 7-8 in bad weather - we need a hard sod to compete well)

Would Galvin or Fitzmaurice get much out of whats there atm? I would doubt it