Best County GAA Strip

Started by baller, February 01, 2007, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baller

What do you all think is the best GAA County Strip??

I think its hard to look bad Antrim's white away jersey or the Mayo red away jersey

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

aontroim

Antrim have a new kit coming soon - though not suer if much apart from the Bushmills sponsorship will be changed....

Over the Bar

Have to say Down's is the worst I've seen in a long while.  Looks like a bad experiment.   Mind you anything produced by Gaelic Gear is rank!   

EugeneGeraghty

I'm of the opinion that all these new county designs aren't up to much. And no effort is put into designing different jerseys for each county. A lot of county jerseys look the same but in different colours

laughinpaddy

The white Meath 'away' top is not bad or the Cork goalkeeping top.
I ain't gettin on no plane!

nrico2006

The kildare one of a year or two ago is good.  Being a Tyrone man, I liked the old red away one from a few years back(2003/4) with WJ Dolan on it for NFL, not the construction version.   But the current tyrone jersey isnt near my favourite.  The antrim away one is good, as is the armagh home jersey(well they never really have to wear an away one)
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Personally I like both Derry's strips! The pink version they had a few years ago was completely rank but the 2 designs at the minute seem to look the part. I think the Down geansaí isn't too bad at the minute and I like the way that O'Neills kind of have the same designs for most counties geansaí's I think it adds to the whole idea of community within our sport.

I think the Dubs are streets ahead of most counties in terms of their strip though!

Estimator

I disagree Exile, I think that each county geansaí should have their own unique style, not just the same kit in the different county colours.  I'm glad O'Neill's don't have the monopoly anymore on all things GAA.
Ulster League Champions 2009

BlueStar

Dublin - purely for the fact on the new jersey if u put ur collar up "The Dubs" is written on the back - classic Dublin ! ;)

tayto

Quote from: 5iveTimes on February 01, 2007, 11:04:43 AM
From watching All Ireland Gold on TG4, I have to say todays strips are terrible compared to the jersies of yesteryear. Certainly the new Down jersey is awful. Its not even red and black. The kerry "away" jersey isnt too bad.

I was thinking the same watching TG4 recently, there's a lot to be said for no faffing about when it comes to a jersey like in the old days, plain banks of colour, stripes and all sorts kept to a minimum. amasingly the soccer boys over the water have almost gone full cricle, with their kits getting a lot more plain recently.

whatever

kerry's away one is nice and I also like fermanaghs away one aswell

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

We need our collar back! I refuse to buy the Armagh post-1999 jersey until my sun protecting mini-hoodie is reinstated!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

downredblack

Has the Armagh Jersey got even redder ? or is the picture on my TV up the left ? ;)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Gets redder the more 8 years of drink stains you have to wash out of it!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"