Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 22, 2017, 01:55:31 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 22, 2017, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 21, 2017, 04:10:48 PM
Makings of a great game on Sunday between 2 quite contrasting teams. Cushendall who are at the top but haven't much coming through. Dunloy who are climbing back up again and have some of the most talented hurlers I have ever seen coming through.

Will it be a year early? Will the stage get too much for these young players?

The answer to both is no. These boys all ready have more medals with club/schools that any hurler will have in a career. These boys are born for the big stage. Throw in the best hurler in Ulster as in Shorty in to the mix at the top of his game and there is no reason why Dunloy cant come out on top.

Time will tell like it always does but come Sunday evening the 1st of many Antrim championships with this young team should be back in Dunloy
"haven't much coming through." We had 4 county minors this year and walked the north Antrim file. Our minors are the only team that gave Dunloy minors a game this year. Dunloy beat us by 1 in the under 21 and we hit the cross bar in the final 5 mins. You are doing us a bit of a disservice there aren't you?

He/She was looking a bite and caught you hook line and sinker.

I wish he would use different bait considering the weekend that's coming up
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

LOL

Sure we will see how Sunday goes I cant see us been bait  ::)

Cushendall maybe have a few coming through and that's granted but what we have coming through is a lot stronger it wasn't to hook you in but I do hope you have that sinking feeling sunday evening after the game  ;D

Hoping for a great game on Sunday for all neutrals in attendance as well its a might occasion

theskull1

No club knows how to keep the conveyor belt of talent coming through better than Cushendall. That's hardly a controversial fact to anyone who know anything about the last 30 years of hurling in Antrim.
Not sure how we got down to B grade hurling for so many years there but in recent times we're competitive again in most age groups in A & I hope it remains that way for the foreseeable. Special mention to those lads who hurled their juvenile years in B grades. I think as a club we've done a sterling job bringing lads through to go on and compete at Division 1 senior level. That is no mean feat and those lads (and those working with them) deserve massive credit for keeping us a competitive Div1 team for all those years. Yes we were for years, down a step from the top positions (and we may be a bit off it yet... who knows) but that injection of talent from minor has made us more of a threat than years previous and plenty of those boys who ploughed away honestly for years have improved as well. Its great to be back competing in senior finals again. Looking forward to it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jesusjones

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 22, 2017, 01:55:31 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 22, 2017, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 21, 2017, 04:10:48 PM
Makings of a great game on Sunday between 2 quite contrasting teams. Cushendall who are at the top but haven't much coming through. Dunloy who are climbing back up again and have some of the most talented hurlers I have ever seen coming through.

Will it be a year early? Will the stage get too much for these young players?

The answer to both is no. These boys all ready have more medals with club/schools that any hurler will have in a career. These boys are born for the big stage. Throw in the best hurler in Ulster as in Shorty in to the mix at the top of his game and there is no reason why Dunloy cant come out on top.

Time will tell like it always does but come Sunday evening the 1st of many Antrim championships with this young team should be back in Dunloy
"haven't much coming through." We had 4 county minors this year and walked the north Antrim file. Our minors are the only team that gave Dunloy minors a game this year. Dunloy beat us by 1 in the under 21 and we hit the cross bar in the final 5 mins. You are doing us a bit of a disservice there aren't you?

He/She was looking a bite and caught you hook line and sinker.
I'm not convinced he was fishing. There seems to be a perception in some quarters that because Dunloy have won a few minor championships it's a given they will dominate at senior. As St. John's and Rossa will tell you it doesn't always work like that.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

I only seen Dunloy a few times this year but have been very impressed with their ball distribution into the forwards. Playing   lovely low diagonal balls towards the corner flags. All space on the field fully utilized. I actually think Dunloy will win it. Their well coached and the brand of hurling they play is easy on the eye.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Its nothing to do with the fact we have won a few minor championships JJ. As you would prob know yourself if you watch as much club hurling as I do when your own club or even a rival club is in the ascendency. Off course there are minors who have came through and a lot more to come that are fantastic hurlers but putting that aside Paul Shields is the best hurler in Ulster when fit and healthy and thankfully at present he is that. Nigel ,Woody, Kevin Molloy all super hurlers and have plenty more years left all young men

So its nothing to do with winning minor titles that people think Dunloy are going to dominate at senior its a combination of youth and experience and the countless hours work that's being put into them by 3 men who between them have 30 Antrim championship medals so unlike St Johns and Rossa we are here to stay and you can believe that

Whether it starts on sunday sure we will see but the future of Antrim hurling is green and gold. Every dog has its day and our pups are starting to bark

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 22, 2017, 03:39:53 PM
Its nothing to do with the fact we have won a few minor championships JJ. As you would prob know yourself if you watch as much club hurling as I do when your own club or even a rival club is in the ascendency. Off course there are minors who have came through and a lot more to come that are fantastic hurlers but putting that aside Paul Shields is the best hurler in Ulster when fit and healthy and thankfully at present he is that. Nigel ,Woody, Kevin Molloy all super hurlers and have plenty more years left all young men

So its nothing to do with winning minor titles that people think Dunloy are going to dominate at senior its a combination of youth and experience and the countless hours work that's being put into them by 3 men who between them have 30 Antrim championship medals so unlike St Johns and Rossa we are here to stay and you can believe that

Whether it starts on sunday sure we will see but the future of Antrim hurling is green and gold. Every dog has its day and our pups are starting to bark

Stop watching Buff Egan on Snapchat.

Confidence is one thing but arrogance is another! Philip Campbell, Brian Delargy & Karl McKeegan have fair experience around them also.

There is no doubt that Dunloy are coming on strong and fair play to them but just reign it in a bit there as you and other supporters could be setting these lads up for a fall..

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Whos Buff Egan and whats snapchat?

I never once said anything to say that Cushendall hadn't any experience around them or if I did can you quote me? Naw you cant  :-X

No one is being set up for a fall I was just stating things how they are and whatever happens on sunday will happen and if its our last final for the next 5 years you can always quote me on my previous posts and say you told me so chap.

Now to find out more about this snap chat  8)

north_antrim_hound

Dall have a few dogs in the fight too and they can bite so barking back at them won't do
We can win this but Dall firm favourites
Great to back in a final
Good luck to our lads
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 22, 2017, 03:55:58 PM
Whos Buff Egan and whats snapchat?

I never once said anything to say that Cushendall hadn't any experience around them or if I did can you quote me? Naw you cant  :-X

No one is being set up for a fall I was just stating things how they are and whatever happens on sunday will happen and if its our last final for the next 5 years you can always quote me on my previous posts and say you told me so chap.

Now to find out more about this snap chat  8)

I stated Cushendall had plenty of experience also along the line,you are right you didn't mention it but did I say you did?

I'd say you know rightly who Buff is  ;)

theskull1

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 22, 2017, 02:59:07 PM
I'm not convinced he was fishing. There seems to be a perception in some quarters that because Dunloy have won a few minor championships it's a given they will dominate at senior. As St. John's and Rossa will tell you it doesn't always work like that.
::)
We're not that naive JJ and well you know it. Name me one club that ever won anything as a result of taking things at a given?  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jesusjones

What were people saying earlier about hooks and bait? Hahaha settle down son.

Hirty Darry

Anyone that's knows anything about hurling will know what way Sunday's big game is going to go.  Cushendall have worked hard this year and will reap the rewards come Sunday.  Dunloy can rattle up big scores against the  Division 2 teams of the world (conceding almost 20 points in to the bargain!).  Take the blinkers off people, it's going to be a comfortable win for the Dall.

MR2 still kissing ass I see, you'll get a big appointment yet.

You obviously didn't see the Carey v Tir Na nOg game Mark O'Neill officiated. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 22, 2017, 10:37:32 PM
Anyone that's knows anything about hurling will know what way Sunday's big game is going to go.  Cushendall have worked hard this year and will reap the rewards come Sunday.  Dunloy can rattle up big scores against the  Division 2 teams of the world (conceding almost 20 points in to the bargain!).  Take the blinkers off people, it's going to be a comfortable win for the Dall.

You obviously don't know me, as kissing ass isn't my thing, my life in general would be better if I did lol!

Stop worrying about the ref hirty!

Most poster believe you, only one other has went for Dunloy on here!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2017, 10:52:46 PM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 22, 2017, 10:37:32 PM

Your posts tell me enough about you, everyone can see through you.

Most people think it will be a close game, I can't see Dunloy getting within 7 points.

Talking to a lot of Dunloy supporters, they think they have it won already.

They will get there eyes opened on Sunday. 

You obviously don't know me, as kissing ass isn't my thing, my life in general would be better if I did lol!

Stop worrying about the ref hirty!

Most poster believe you, only one other has went for Dunloy on here!