Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Correct Main Street...The group goal difference doesn't really come into it, when Celtic play Anderlecht they have a 3 goal lead basically from Celtic beating them before. If Anderlecht were to beat Celtic 3-0 then it would come down to goal difference overall in the group and in this case Anderlechet are much worse off. Basically the only 2 opitons Anderlecht have is get four pts from their last two games or beat Celtic 4-0 in Glasgow.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Targetman

I'd be fairly confident of European football after Christmas, 63 not out today, congrats to all at Celtic Park

T Fearon

I changed my views on the manager when I heard him speak at the AGM nearly a year ago.I was impressed by what he said.

lenny

Quote from: Main Street on November 04, 2017, 08:49:16 PM
Quote from: lenny on November 04, 2017, 06:44:33 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on November 01, 2017, 03:42:14 PM
Surely the EL is in the bank now? Unless Anderlecht beat Bayern then they'd have to beat Celtic by more than 10 goals to go through. The goal diff is Celtic -6 and And -16

You don't really understand how goal difference works do you? If anderlecht beat celtic by 10 goals then it makes their gd -6 and celtics -16. They only need to beat celtic by 5 goals to make both sides -11. Hopefully bayern beat anderlecht which would make a narrow defeat all celtic would need to qualify for the europa league knockout stages.
It's about head to head not goal difference, should 2 teams finish level on points in the CL.

I'm aware of that, I was just pointing out how goal difference works.

Keyser soze

Quote from: longballin on November 04, 2017, 07:40:50 PM
Quote from: thebar on November 04, 2017, 07:38:23 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2017, 03:48:19 PM
Record successfully beaten,63 domestic games unbeaten! Going to be a great AGM on Wednesday week! Absolutely nothing for anyone to complain about! Can't wait!
hard to believe you had no faith in Brendan either!!

Only person Tony has faith in is Sean Brady  ???

You should try and bring this up any time Tony posts. No matter what the thread subject or its relevance. Everybody else really enjoys multiple threads descending into a Sean Brady discussion.

T Fearon

We should also recognise that tomorrow,Monday November 6th,marks the 130th birthday of Celtic.I am delighted that a special Mass will be held at the site where the decision to form the club was taken by Brother Walfrid,St Mary's Church,in the Calton,tomorrow evening.Earlier in the day a large number of Glasgow's homeless will be served lunch,free of charge,in the Club's hospitality suites.I love this,the club remembering its founder and founding principles.

longballin

Quote from: Keyser soze on November 05, 2017, 10:25:19 AM
Quote from: longballin on November 04, 2017, 07:40:50 PM
Quote from: thebar on November 04, 2017, 07:38:23 PM
Record successfully beaten,63 domestic games unbeaten! Going to be a great AGM on Wednesday week! Absolutely nothing for anyone to complain about! Can't wait!
hard to believe you had no faith in Brendan either!!

Only person Tony has faith in is Sean Brady  ???

You should try and bring this up any time Tony posts. No matter what the thread subject or its relevance. Everybody else really enjoys multiple threads descending into a Sean Brady discussion.

Ok good idea  :)

Main Street

Quote from: lenny on November 04, 2017, 11:19:09 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 04, 2017, 08:49:16 PM
Quote from: lenny on November 04, 2017, 06:44:33 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on November 01, 2017, 03:42:14 PM
Surely the EL is in the bank now? Unless Anderlecht beat Bayern then they'd have to beat Celtic by more than 10 goals to go through. The goal diff is Celtic -6 and And -16

You don't really understand how goal difference works do you? If anderlecht beat celtic by 10 goals then it makes their gd -6 and celtics -16. They only need to beat celtic by 5 goals to make both sides -11. Hopefully bayern beat anderlecht which would make a narrow defeat all celtic would need to qualify for the europa league knockout stages.
It's about head to head not goal difference, should 2 teams finish level on points in the CL.

I'm aware of that, I was just pointing out how goal difference works.
I suppose then it wasn't Omagh Gael's finest hour?

stew

So you were wrong in your assessment of Rodgers then Tony????

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

omagh_gael

I wasn't aware of the head to head rule, assumed it was straight forward goal difference. As for the goal difference miscalculation, the less said about that the better!

StGallsGAA

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 05, 2017, 07:56:56 PM
I wasn't aware of the head to head rule, assumed it was straight forward goal difference. As for the goal difference miscalculation, the less saidr about that the better!

It's a stupid rule. Unlike every other  league you can be beaten already going into the last game.   Surely having something to play for even by overcoming a big GD margin id better for supporters and neutrals alike?

ned

Quote from: StGallsGAA on November 05, 2017, 09:14:58 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on November 05, 2017, 07:56:56 PM
I wasn't aware of the head to head rule, assumed it was straight forward goal difference. As for the goal difference miscalculation, the less saidr about that the better!

It's a stupid rule. Unlike every other  league you can be beaten already going into the last game.   Surely having something to play for even by overcoming a big GD margin id better for supporters and neutrals alike?

Maybe in a longer league set up. In a short format group stage as in CL, head to head is fairer all round. Anyway what you are saying does not hold either way. In fact, goal difference would leave them less chance. Anderlecht aren't hamstrung by being beaten by loads of goals by PSG but through us beating them 3-0 at their home. If that had been 1-0, that last game would have a lot more jeopardy.

T Fearon

Good AGM yesterday,with the election of the first ever female to the Celtic Board.Hotel and Museum planning permission acquired, and great interviews with the Chairman,CEO ,Brendan (who autographed his biography for me)and Tony Hamilton CEO of Celtic Foundation that does tremendous Charity work.

Was a tad bland in that everything going so well on all fronts meant there was very little questions asked from the floor.Even the Chairman appealed for more questions saying somebody must be unhappy about something surely!😂

rrhf

How many years of league records until Celtic equal rangers in a row record. That surely the next big thing for Celtic

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: rrhf on November 16, 2017, 06:38:10 AM
How many years of league records until Celtic equal rangers in a row record. That surely the next big thing for Celtic

Rangers equaled Celtic's record in the 90s. Their aim will be 10 in a row to beat the old record.