TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newbridge Exile

Half a dozen episodes watched of  Schitt's  Creek and finding it very very funny so far.

Boycey

Has Condor been mentioned here? I watched 1st episode tonight based on a recommendation from Stephen Nolan's Twitter of all places. I enjoyed it, might give it a whirl...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on July 10, 2020, 12:53:00 AM
Has Condor been mentioned here? I watched 1st episode tonight based on a recommendation from Stephen Nolan's Twitter of all places. I enjoyed it, might give it a whirl...
Any relation to Three Days Of...? If it is then I'll give it a whirl.

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 10, 2020, 12:54:15 AM
Quote from: Boycey on July 10, 2020, 12:53:00 AM
Any relation to Three Days Of...? If it is then I'll give it a whirl.

Yup, based on according to the brief written synopsis

Google tells me IMDb gave it 7.8/10 and Rotten Tomatoes 86%, promising...

Denn Forever

Been watching Scorpion, a modern day McGyver mixed with Scooby Doo.  Hokem but a bit of a romp.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

I watched Unorthodox straight through. A 4 part dramatisation of a young women's escape from a hassadic jewish community in New York.  Whatever awards are going for this type of drama, this one should come out on top, best lead actor by a country mile, Shira Haas.

gallsman

Quote from: Main Street on July 16, 2020, 10:14:42 PM
I watched Unorthodox straight through. A 4 part dramatisation of a young women's escape from a hassadic jewish community in New York.  Whatever awards are going for this type of drama, this one should come out on top, best lead actor by a country mile, Shira Haas.

Great show, really enjoyed it.

ziggy90

Quote from: JimStynes on June 24, 2020, 11:07:41 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 24, 2020, 11:05:59 PM

Watched both Series of Das Boot over the past week - real quality  stuff.

Brilliant show. Only started season 2 there and it seems just as good as the first one so far.

Fantastiche.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Main Street

I nearly got to the end of the first season of Fauda,    blurb - "the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict."
I haven't been to Palestine but I don't think I have to in order to get the growing sense of a toxic pile of turd.

Milltown Row2

Finished season one of Condor, not a patch on first season of Homeland but it's got a good flow about it!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2020, 12:26:12 AM
Finished season one of Condor, not a patch on first season of Homeland but it's got a good flow about it!

Finished it Sat night myself, thought from being very promising it fell in a big hole over the last few episodes and finished lamely? Also a few holes in story unless I not concentrating hard enough?

I'll probably stick with it for 2nd series though

lurganblue

Noticed that there is a new series of Last Chance U started at the end of July on Netflix.  Great show.  Hope for more of the same with this new team and coaching staff.

JimStynes

Finished Das Boot season 2 and Defending Jacob. Both very good but I hope they're not planning another season of DJ. Signed up for Apple TV free trial. Not a whole pile on it at the minute.

mayoman dan

Im just finished The man in the high castle on amazon prime.The first 3 seasons were very enjoyable but season 4 tailed off badlyTheres a good story to it and some of the charachters are well done so all in all its a decent watch.But im finished it now and need something new so any suggestions lads???? ....I do like a bit of sci fi or something with a good story.

bennydorano

DEVS was on BBC2 there a couple of months ago, good proper Sci fi, really enjoyed it plus it had Nick Offerman, I could watch Nick in anything.