Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on July 03, 2020, 04:53:26 PM
The thing that really makes me laugh is that SF's position was so pro lockdown. Close schools, close cemeteries, close pubs and keeping them closed when the DUP wanted to open them. Whatever about all the whataboutery and other funerals etc that was their hard position. Was it for show or did they really care about the public's health?

They cared about the teachers! The ones who'll be at most risk...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

The thing that really makes me laugh is that SF's position was so pro lockdown. Close schools, close cemeteries, close pubs and keeping them closed when the DUP wanted to open them. Whatever about all the whataboutery and other funerals etc that was their hard position. Was it for show or did they really care about the public's health?

Look, I was dye in the wool SF, then I started working closely with these guys in community sector', skullduggery behind the scenes is completely different from what we see in the media. Arrogance is widespread within the party

BennyCake

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 03, 2020, 05:58:59 PM

Look, I was dye in the wool SF, then I started working closely with these guys in community sector', skullduggery behind the scenes is completely different from what we see in the media. Arrogance is widespread within the party

Which begs the question: do you still vote for them?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: BennyCake on July 03, 2020, 07:02:09 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 03, 2020, 05:58:59 PM

Which begs the question: do you still vote for them?

No. Voted independent and Aontú . Seán Carr and Anne Mc Closkey.

Tubberman

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2020, 02:51:08 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 03, 2020, 02:41:00 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2020, 02:29:26 PM
Michelle and Marylou doing a lot of apologising today.
I expect the fcukwit Orange bands and their camp followers will break every Covid rule in the book over the weekend 11th/13th and make SF's breaches look pretty minor.

They are going to anyway, regardless.
Exactly. There has been a campaign for weeks that lockdown is over etc from defenders of Kulture. All geared towards the Glorious 12th celebrations. This is an interesting development in that regard. They can't let the fenians off the hook but at the same time, they have a week to fade the total outrage and "devastation to other families" into doing the same, if not worse themselves.

yet again, the default action is to check what the other crowd are at.
If everybody took that attitude, nobody would practice social distancing or wear a face mask because "look at him, he's not wearing one so why should I"
Grow up ffs
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Tubberman on July 03, 2020, 09:52:51 PM
I expect the fcukwit Orange bands and their camp followers will break every Covid rule in the book over the weekend 11th/13th and make SF's breaches look pretty minor.

Exactly. There has been a campaign for weeks that lockdown is over etc from defenders of Kulture. All geared towards the Glorious 12th celebrations. This is an interesting development in that regard. They can't let the fenians off the hook but at the same time, they have a week to fade the total outrage and "devastation to other families" into doing the same, if not worse themselves.

If everybody took that attitude, nobody would practice social distancing or wear a face mask because "look at him, he's not wearing one so why should I"
Grow up ffs

Exactly. Sticking pics up of DUP members at gatherings, so what, sack them too but don't use it as excuse for MON

balladmaker

So MON, as SF leader in north attends the funeral of a leading figure in the IRA who played a major part in bringing the organisation along into in the peace process .... shocking

MON followed regulations and guidelines in attending the funeral ... shocking

Massive crowds turned out in West Belfast for the funeral of one of their own ... shocking

Can't believe this story has garnered so much discussion.  I suggest that no one should take their lead from the tabloid journalism of Stephen Nolan. 

If MON was to resign, and SF refused to nominate a successor, biggest losers would be the DUP, they must have very short memories.

screenexile

Quote from: balladmaker on July 03, 2020, 11:39:24 PM
So MON, as SF leader in north attends the funeral of a leading figure in the IRA who played a major part in bringing the organisation along into in the peace process .... shocking

Massive crowds turned out in West Belfast for the funeral of one of their own ... shocking

Can't believe this story has garnered so much discussion.  I suggest that no one should take their lead from the tabloid journalism of Stephen Nolan. 

If MON was to resign, and SF refused to nominate a successor, biggest losers would be the DUP, they must have very short memories.

I don't give a shite!!

This is the Cummings thing all over again one rule for them and another for everyone else. Families not allowed at funerals for 4 months but a big IRA man dies so it's ok for the leader to go to that while others suffered?

Bullshit! I couldn't care less what the DUP have said or what loyalists will do she's plain wrong and her apology wasn't worth a f**k. Those defending her are brainwashed dickheads stuck in the past!!

What she has done the past few days is not leadership it's a far cry from it!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: hardstation on July 04, 2020, 12:26:12 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 03, 2020, 10:38:34 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on July 03, 2020, 09:52:51 PM

Grow up ffs

Exactly. Sticking pics up of DUP members at gatherings, so what, sack them too but don't use it as excuse for MON
Kindly point me to where I did that, thanks.

Not referring to you a chara at all.

balladmaker

Quote from: screenexile on July 03, 2020, 11:58:07 PM

I don't give a shite!!

This is the Cummings thing all over again one rule for them and another for everyone else. Families not allowed at funerals for 4 months but a big IRA man dies so it's ok for the leader to go to that while others suffered?

Bullshit! I couldn't care less what the DUP have said or what loyalists will do she's plain wrong and her apology wasn't worth a f**k. Those defending her are brainwashed dickheads stuck in the past!!

Maybe you've been brainwashed by Stephen Nolan and the media hysteria ... MON attended a funeral and adhered to regulations ... the fact that thousands lined the streets, in social distancing formation, what did you want MON specifically to do differently?

Orior

I think the issue is the amount of planning that went into the funeral. They expected a huge crowd and got it. When you have people on Twitter like Squinter questioning SF then you know you have made a big mistake. Unionists spotted this and hence upped their rage. I don't think MO'N should step down but I cannot see an easy way out for SF to defuse this one.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

naka

MON should have apologised at the outset.
Let's be clear bobby storey was always given what he had done for the republican cause going to be a difficulty for her.
Whether shinners like it or not  thought you can't demand the rank and file to adhere to one thing and then do another , no matter what .
My two brothers who are both shinners to the back bone were  really fked off as good people around our way we're buried in awful circumstances with only 12 in the chapel.
If the apology had been made earlier this would have blown over.

charlieTully

Quote from: balladmaker on July 04, 2020, 02:34:23 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 03, 2020, 11:58:07 PM

I don't give a shite!!

Maybe you've been brainwashed by Stephen Nolan and the media hysteria ... MON attended a funeral and adhered to regulations ... the fact that thousands lined the streets, in social distancing formation, what did you want MON specifically to do differently?

Honestly? She should not have went. A commemoration could have been organised for later in the summer. She is not a family member. Should not have been in the chapel at all. 10 allowed for the average Joe 120 for Bobby. Call it fir for what it is. Arrogance. We will do what we want because we can. I've always defended SF but this is just wrong. It smacks of hypocrisy. How can you not see that? She blatantly broke the rules she set. Fact.